http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=190669&stc=1&d=1304265105

Could you help me please?
Thanks,

calande
May 1st, 2011, 06:09 PM
Any idea? :(

Rubi1200
May 1st, 2011, 06:18 PM
When the computer starts and you see the entry for Ubuntu, press "c" to drop to a prompt and then type this:

ls

Post back here with what the results are please.

calande
May 1st, 2011, 07:56 PM
Thank you, there you go:

dev lib etc sbin proc var
root scripts init conf sys tmp

It seems the /boot directory is missing because it hasn't been mounted...What would you do?
Thanks,

calande
May 1st, 2011, 08:08 PM
I also found that there is no /etc/fstab file...

Rubi1200
May 1st, 2011, 08:09 PM
Post the results of the boot script please:

Boot the Ubuntu Live CD/USB. Choose the option "Try Ubuntu without any changes." Once the desktop loads come back here and do the following:

1. Download the boot info script. There is a link in my signature.
2. Once downloaded, move the boot info script to the desktop.
3. Open a terminal and run the command

sudo bash ~/Desktop/boot_info_script*.sh

This will create a RESULTS.txt file on the desktop. Paste the entire contents of that file back here in a new post. Once pasted highlight all text and click the # sign on the toolbar to place code tags around the text.

calande
May 1st, 2011, 08:11 PM
Thanks, I'm going to have to borrow a DVD drive then...My computer doesn't have one :(

Rubi1200
May 1st, 2011, 08:13 PM
If your computer is capable of booting from USB you can do it like that instead. In other words, use something like UNetbootin to create a bootable thumb drive, set BIOS to boot from the USB/Removable drive, and then...

calande
May 1st, 2011, 08:14 PM
Good idea, thanks. I'm gonna try that...

calande
May 2nd, 2011, 06:54 PM
Ok, I did a fresh install. Running Ubuntu from USB thumb drive works properly, but from the fresh install, I only get a wallpaper, and every 2 seconds, a window pops up for a fraction of a second and disappears. I can hardly see the content. I only have the wallpaper. It seems Ubuntu is trying to display the desktop but cannot. What can I do? Thanks,

Rubi1200
May 2nd, 2011, 07:27 PM
This could be a graphics issue. What graphics card do you have installed and how much RAM?

Have you tried starting with the Classic Desktop and does the problem occur there as well?

calande
May 2nd, 2011, 08:01 PM
The Classic Desktop (http://www.liberiangeek.net/2011/04/change-classic-ubuntu-desktop-ubuntu-11-04-natty-narwhal/) ? I don't have this option, as I can't go to GDM, I just have my wallpaper, nothing more. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace doesn't work as expected either, as I log in automatically :(