PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unity global menu button locations

pabc
May 1st, 2011, 03:35 PM
I've switched my non-maximized window button locations back over to the right with gconf-editor but i'd like to change the global menu buttons over to the right as well.

Sorry - I've had 20 odd years working that way. I can't seem to find an option in gconf-editor and if google has the answer I'm not using the correct search terms. Is there a way?

Frogs Hair
May 1st, 2011, 03:59 PM
There is an additional configuration tool for Unity and I don't see a setting for the Global Menu. You may want to install it any way . After installation select Alt + F2 and run dconf-editor .
sudo apt-get install dconf-tools

deciding39
May 13th, 2011, 06:25 PM
It seems pretty minor, but this is my biggest issue with Unity at the moment. I'm sorry, but my buttons belong on the right! Always! If anyone is aware of a fix, your help would be greatly appreciated!

NormanFLinux
May 16th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Where do you change the global menu button order? I don't see a string for it in dconf-editor.

gallysam
September 4th, 2011, 07:16 PM
If you guys are talking about moving the min, max, close buttons to the top roght of the screen on a maximized window then iḿ pretty sure it is not possible... just another thing why unity sucks... if you want to have the buttons the way you like then use ubuntu clasic and give unity the finger

pabc
September 6th, 2011, 10:02 PM
sadly OO doesnt have classic gnome so it's choice time. When I rebuild my 11yo boys laptop recently I switched him to gnome2 on Mint11 - he's very happy. My 10yo however likes unity. go figure.

devcalais
September 7th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Install ubuntu-tweak (http://ubuntu-tweak.com/), there should be an option under 'desktop'.

Failing that, the community-themes available include themes that have right-aligned window buttons. Give them a try. :)