PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nagging problems with crashes and ethernet diconnects

davidself1001
May 1st, 2011, 03:09 PM
I have two nagging problems after managing to get past the no boot/grub issues. 1) my ethernet connection shows disconnected after are restart, if i disable the connection and re-enable it it works fine, 2) if i walk away from my machine for an hour or so when i come back i either have a bright red screen and no response or my screensaver will be there but frozen with a bunch of lines thru it. Would much appreciate if anyone has had these issues and have a solution.

Also, i had x64 Ubuntu but now i can't find where to verify that it is 64 bit. Can someone tell me where i can verify that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

davidself1001
May 1st, 2011, 03:27 PM
Added new title for this thread but it won't change it in the main list.

davidself1001
May 1st, 2011, 04:22 PM
Noone else seeing these problems?

SS10house
May 1st, 2011, 04:55 PM
as to your internet consern:
after my upgrade for some reason i now have to enter my root password to access the wierless network? Mabey related but i doubt it, im just speculating

and the rest of your complaint well. turn off the screen saver,
back in lucid if i left the screen saver on for to long when i came back it would be all frozen.
since then i just have the comp set to NONE screensaver
when i walk away i just turn off the monitor

davidself1001
May 1st, 2011, 05:32 PM
Forgot to mention that this is a wired (eth0) issue. On the screensaver, good work around but it didn't happend in 10.10 so may be an issue for someone to look at.

Thanks for the response.