PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 11.04 Change Unity launcher hide/appear speed?

ophysis
May 1st, 2011, 02:48 PM
Hi all,

Just did a clean install of 11.04.

Is it possible to adjust the unity launcher speed?
When I take my cursor to the left it takes a while to show up. I'd like it to be immediate.

Can this be altered?

Tks

walid-karray
May 1st, 2011, 09:44 PM
Hi ophysis,

Follow theses steps:

1. Install CompizConfig Setting Manager : sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
2. ALT+F2 then run this command: ccsm (+ ENTER)
3. In the CompizConfig Setting Manager window, in section Desktop select Ubuntu unity Plugin.
4. In the Ubuntu unity Plugin: You can freely customize natty's launcher such as behavior, icons size, opacity and so on.. for your case you have to click on 'Experimental' tab then select 'Launch Animation' parameter to 'none' from the drop list.

I hope this will be helpful for you :-)

ophysis
May 1st, 2011, 10:47 PM
Hi walid-karray.

Tks for your reply.

That's not quite what I needed.

When the launcher (dash) is set to autohide or dodge windows, I need it to be way faster. It takes a while to show up when i take the cursor to the left of the screen.

christophski
May 2nd, 2011, 10:36 AM
I would also like to know this, I have had a look in gconf-editor and there are no Unity settings. Is this customisable yet?

walid-karray
May 2nd, 2011, 09:22 PM
Another thing that I didn't find the solution for it is how to change the launcher location !!!! I found that was not possible with ccsm :-(((
I hope that problem will be resolved in the next release 11.10 :confused::confused:

Sami Lehtinen
May 3rd, 2011, 05:20 PM
'Experimental' tab then select 'Launch Animation' parameter to 'none' from the drop list.
I really would like to be able to set 'Hide Animation' parameter to 'none', but it seems that somebody unfortunately forgot to add that option. ;(

ophysis
May 5th, 2011, 11:54 AM
bump

wildmanne39
June 8th, 2011, 03:39 AM
******* unity **** LET ME CONFIGURE MY ****

Hi, follow the guide in my signature that says power users guide to unity,there are still things that can not be changed but all the guides in my signature have useful information.