PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] AWW so what whit the unity

Riskexas
May 1st, 2011, 11:31 AM
o what the hell why in ubuntu 11.4 (normal boot) there is no unity??:confused:?? why nobody solves this??:confused:??

Elfy
May 1st, 2011, 11:35 AM
Hard to know what your issue is without any detail, but have you installed any graphic drivers available in sys - admin - additional drivers.

Riskexas
May 1st, 2011, 12:27 PM
on after login i see my background but folders on desktop flickers. I read about that it is unity problem (i think its nautilus that doesnt start!!). EVRYthing was ok on ubuntu 10 but ubuntu 11.4 screw evrything!!!! IF this aint goin to be solved im out of linux FOREVER!!!!!

terrapin893
May 1st, 2011, 12:29 PM
As was mentioned earlier, this is generally due to the fact that you do not have any graphics drivers installed.

Riskexas
May 1st, 2011, 12:40 PM
so how to make my drivers work properly?

kansasnoob
May 1st, 2011, 12:54 PM
We first need to know what graphics chip you have so we need to see the output of:

lspci | grep VGA

If you can't get a working desktop ATM you may need to use a known working Live CD/USB to provide that info.

Just a basic hint, regarding comments like this:

EVRYthing was ok on ubuntu 10 but ubuntu 11.4 screw evrything!!!! IF this aint goin to be solved im out of linux FOREVER!!!!!

We're all just volunteers here, and while we all understand frustration, you're more likely to attract help if you're polite :D

Riskexas
May 1st, 2011, 02:43 PM
i think u need is this:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200 Ultra] (rev a1)