PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Issues after upgrade to 11.04

sbarmeier
May 1st, 2011, 10:30 AM
Dear ubuntu savants, I have some troubles after upgrading to 11.04 and would appreciate any help 1. The system tray doesn't allow other applications. I'm told something like gsettings set com.canonical.Unity.Panel systray-whitelist "['all']" will fix this, but (even prefixing sudo) it tells me GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend. Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications. and indeed, nothing changes. The Skype icon is there, but in particular I'm interested in the TrueCrypt icon appearing there, because TrueCrypt minimizes to this (lost) icon, and trying to retrieve it via the launcher only gives "TrueCrypt is already running", but no interface to dismount any mounted drives... Any suggestions of how to make a change and make it permanent? 2. I don't know in which way the flashplayers on YouTube and other sites differ, but, e.g., the player for imdb.com flickers (between black and video). 3. The changes made to the launcher bar (?) at the left side of the screen get undone with every reboot. Any way to make this permanent? 4. Adding other places & timezones to the calendar in the upper right-hand corner does not cause it to display them (even whilst unlocked). The app also seems to crash randomly... Many thanks for any suggestions. P.S.: No idea why the formatting doesn't work, I had in nicely in paragraphs. P.P.S.: I'm on a 64-bit machine, limping with 11.04 =)

mörgæs
May 2nd, 2011, 10:45 AM
Yes, you should do something about the formatting. Most people do not bother reading such a block of text. Just click 'edit'.

Seeing so many errors after an upgrade points to
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1580857