PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to import bookmarks in Natty from older Ubuntu+FF3.x

Growlor
May 1st, 2011, 07:05 AM
This is a lot harder than it has to be due to all the changes, but here is the process to do this:
1) Open Firefox
2) Press the Alt key (or hover over the words "Firefox Web Browser in the top of your desktop) This will display the menu list.
3) Click on Bookmarks -> Show all bookmarks.
4) Make the menu that opens full screen and press the alt key or hover over the word "Library" (you can alternately not make it full screen and go to the very top of your desktop and hover over the words "Firefox web browser" - its really confusing because everyone who has been using PC based GUI's for a while will not expect the changes to be in the top of the entire desktop instead of the window that has the focus!)
5) Go to Import and backup -> Restore -> Choose file
6) Browse to your desired .json file backup and select it then press the "Open" button.

Hope this helps.

John

Megaptera
May 1st, 2011, 07:50 AM
... or use Xmarks http://www.xmarks.com/about/features

Dale61
May 1st, 2011, 07:59 AM
My FF3.x bookmarks were left intact after I upgraded to 11.04. Couldn't be much simpler than that!

Corvair
May 27th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Thank's for the help. I just went from Ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04 and I am lost.
I could not see the Booksmarks menu until I went right to the top where it showed up.
Great help.

cheapodonuts
September 3rd, 2012, 09:29 AM
Can anyone tell me the location of these .jason files?

Thanx in advance guys. Your cheap donut awaits. ;)