PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unity global menu not working with Java application - had to switch to classic deskto

MountainX
May 1st, 2011, 07:02 AM
Anyone else seeing this? The java application's menu won't show up anywhere when running Unity. I had to switch to the classic desktop to be able to use the java application.

In Unity, all I saw was the name of the application in the global menu. Moving the mouse over the global menu made the name disappear. None of the menu items were ever visible (or accessible). In classic mode, everything works as expected.

sephiroth_slash
May 1st, 2011, 03:39 PM
I noticed almost the same thing, but in my case ( ubuntu 11.04 amd64 with unity plugin ), when I hover over the ( java ) application bar, the name disappear, but the menu bar is accessible through a second bar under the application bar as in classic mode

Is there a way to I dunno, implements the unity features in java swing applications ?

MountainX
May 1st, 2011, 05:26 PM
I noticed almost the same thing, but in my case ( ubuntu 11.04 amd64 with unity plugin ), when I hover over the ( java ) application bar, the name disappear, but the menu bar is accessible through a second bar under the application bar as in classic mode

Is there a way to I dunno, implements the unity features in java swing applications ?

Thanks for letting me know. I will ask a Canonical support engineer about this...

MountainX
May 1st, 2011, 07:59 PM
Here's a workaround: disable global menus:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/10481/does-unity-support-disabling-the-global-application-menu