PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Computer Crashed during 11.04 update

Voyer
May 1st, 2011, 05:11 AM
I was updating Ubuntu 10.10 to 11.04 and my computer crashed/shutoff because of overheating(my laptop doesn't ever do this when running Windows 7 but seems to really need to be as cool as possible when running Ubuntu). the update was at about 12-18 minutes left(also i am using wubi to have it run alongside windows). After getting pissed off that i forgot to backup Ubuntu i restarted it to see if it would finish updating.

To my dismay it the loading screen looked a bit unusual and when it go to the login screen the word "Ubuntu" was flashing uncontrollably and the time in the bottom right corner was acting the same. i feel that i have totally ruined it and i also don't know how i can remove Ubuntu from my computer so that i could reinstall it as Ubuntu 11.04 instead of upgrading from 10.10. i still have Wubi.exe for Ubuntu 10.10 but i'm not sure if that just searches for the most recent version of Ubuntu.

I must thank you for reading this wonderful wall of text and i most sincerely that you for any responses :D

mörgæs
May 1st, 2011, 12:00 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1639198