PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Unity Launcher and qt apps

dlanor78
May 1st, 2011, 04:39 AM
I'm using the new Unity interface thingie in 11.04 64-bit and was adding apps to the launcher when I noticed a problem with some of the items I was trying to add. Seems that all qt apps can't be added. Tried k3b, amarok, and akregator so far. When I try to add them the other icons move to make space, I let the icon go, then it just disappears.

I'm not doing this wrong I believe because I added chromium, hulu-desktop, brasero..etc. Even icons that wine made were added just fine and those are for Windows programs!

Not sure if it matters, but before I reinstalled 11.04 I tried gnome-shell and the qt apps added to that bar fine. Just mentioning to point out that icons or whatever aren't corrupt or something.

Any ideas? I might be able to post a but or feature request if I can find where I should.

Thanks in advance for any help!

dlanor78
May 1st, 2011, 09:04 PM
Okay, so I still don't know why I can't drag and drop a qt app launcher when doing something like hitting <super> and searching for the program. I did however find a workaround on getting them to stick in the launcher though.

What I did is open nautilus and navigated to /usr/share/applications/kde4 and dragged and dropped what I wanted from there to the launcher. They stay when done that way for some reason.

Should I mark this as solved? Or maybe some other way to indicate a workaround?

x-shaney-x
May 1st, 2011, 09:06 PM
Well not a solution as such but can you launch the apps in question then right-click on the icon in the launcher and select to keep in launcher?

dlanor78
May 1st, 2011, 09:28 PM
Why didn't I think of that? That worked and is easier than what I suggested. Thanks a bunch x-shaney-x.

I think I'll mark this as solved now.