PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Error while installing Ubuntu via Wubi

Tarantella
April 30th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Hi,

i was trying to install ubuntu with wubi. I installed the application inside windows 7 (64). I executed the applicatation as "admin" and then it began downloading and stuff.

When it finished downloading it said i needed to reboot my pc, so i did. then in the splash screen it showed me win 7 and ubuntu, i selected ubuntu of course. After a few seconds it started to install, but then it showed me this error:

Could not find the iso /ubuntu/install/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-amd64.iso This could happen if the file system is not clean because of an operating system crash, an interrupted boot process, an improper shutdown, or unplugging of a removable device without first unmounting or ejecting it. To fix this, simply reboot into windows, let it fully start, log in, run 'chkdsk /r', then gracefully shut down and reboot back into windows. After this you should be able to reboot again and resume installation.

I've done what it says, the 'chkdsk /run' (took a lot of time btw) and it keeps telling me the same thing.

Someone knows what is the solution?

(sorry for my english)

Tarantella
April 30th, 2011, 11:24 PM
I think my computer just dont like anything but windows 7 or vista hehe.

Tarantella
May 1st, 2011, 08:58 AM
well, it seems this problem cannot be fixed?:confused:

Tarantella
May 3rd, 2011, 12:27 AM
:popcorn:

bcbc
May 3rd, 2011, 06:18 AM
This is a strange one...

Please go into windows and take a snapshot of the Disk manager showing your partitions. Also specify the drive you installed to and maybe "dir /s \ubuntu" on the drive you installed to.

Also, if you have an ubuntu cd, you could boot from it, select "Try it" (or try without installing) and then download and run the bootinfoscript (http://bootinfoscript.sourceforge.net) and post the results back here.