PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 11.4 upgrade Home folder launcher not working

neil.the.blue
April 30th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Hello,

After a bumpy upgrade to 11.4 I have found the home folder launcher does nothing. Does anyone else have this? Is it a bug or am I likely to have a bad configuration?

Thanks
Neil

sikander3786
April 30th, 2011, 09:40 PM
All the other Launchers are working fine?

jim-fwb
April 30th, 2011, 09:50 PM
My launcher works fine (Thunar in Xubuntu). However, it is treating my old "/home" directory as a separate partition and doesn't want to mount it. Seems my current /home is in the "/" partition, which has very little free space in it. I upgraded from 10.04 with the live cd. Anyone have a suggestion? I hope....

neil.the.blue
April 30th, 2011, 09:58 PM
All the other launchers seem fine. I have tried pinning a new launcher from another folder and that didn't work either.

Thunar file manager works though? But I would like the Nautilus features.

Thanks
Neil

sikander3786
April 30th, 2011, 10:09 PM
All the other launchers seem fine. I have tried pinning a new launcher from another folder and that didn't work either.

Thunar file manager works though? But I would like the Nautilus features.

Thanks
Neil
And we are talking about Unity or Xubuntu?

neil.the.blue
April 30th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Ubuntu, but I just tried Thunar to see what it did :)

neil.the.blue
May 1st, 2011, 12:47 AM
Ok, in the end it looks like some old settings were getting in the way. I just created a new user and found that the default desktop was working for them. So I backed up all my config settings for my main user, and let the system re-create them. Then replaced config settings for individual applications as needed. A bit hacky but it worked well.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Neil