PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Natty Narwhal uprage with dual monitor setup gnome panel can't load applets

roadkilla
April 30th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I upgraded to Natty from Maverick and I'm using the Ubuntu Classic interface with effects disabled.

the issue is like this gnome-panel is not loading applets on my secondary monitor
whenever I try to load an applet I'm receive the error message
"Applet Name" has quit unexpectedly.
Reload Don't Reload

I tried resetting the panel using

rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/panel
gconftool --recursive-unset /apps/panel
pkill gnome-panel

which did reset the panel but did not helped me getting my applets loaded,as I said previously this issue only happens on my secondary monitor
the primary monitor has gnome-panel working as it should loading whatever applet I like without errors.

I seek help in solving or debugging the issue.

Thanks,
Roger

jcoffland
April 30th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I have the same problem. I've got dual Nvidia monitors with dual X servers not TwinView. TwinView does not work well with my monitors.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I've created this bug report: #774427 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-panel/+bug/774427)

roadkilla
May 1st, 2011, 11:30 AM
I'm using Nvidia too I tried to use Nouveau at first but the issue was present there too, same exact setup separated X screen.

jcoffland
May 1st, 2011, 10:33 PM
@roadkilla If you haven't already you should create a launchpad account and mark the bug as "affecting you" in order to increase its priority and likelihood of being fixed.

roadkilla
May 2nd, 2011, 08:37 PM
@roadkilla If you haven't already you should create a launchpad account and mark the bug as "affecting you" in order to increase its priority and likelihood of being fixed.

I already did :)

Fabucci
May 3rd, 2011, 03:41 AM
Is there a way I can add "me too" to his ticket?

CoatedMoose
May 15th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I had this exact problem. To fix I searched gnome in synaptic package manager and reinstalled anything with a green box and upgraded anything that needed it. It seems with the upgrade to 11.04 that a bunch of packages didn't update.