PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Wireless crash after upgrading to 11.04

gavdari
April 30th, 2011, 07:38 AM
I just upgraded to Kubuntu 11.04 and I have a problem with network manager. When I plug in my LAN, everything works fine, but when I try to use my wireless connection, everything hangs after a few seconds. I'm guessing it's a cpu overload problem, since CPU fan starts after a while. But I can't move my mouse and keyboard doesn't work either. I tried network-manager-gnome and reinstalling wireless driver, but it didn't solve the problem. Any idea?

gavdari
April 30th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Just for the record, it looks like activating/deactivating the wireless driver fore a few more times solved the problem for now.

macrophenomenal
April 30th, 2011, 04:41 PM
hi this is also happening to me.
I am using a HP2133 with Broadcom STA wireless driver BCM 4312 (Rev 1.0)

I upgraded to 11.04 and my system hangs if I connect to a wireless network.
LAN appears to work fine though.

blatanville
April 30th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Seems like after a re-boot or two, my wifi interface completely disappeared from the system. The old wifi profile is still there in network management, excepting it has forgotten the WPA key.

using the "scan" button when trying to create a new wireless profile yields no results, i.e. the wireless adapter seems to be completely non-functional.

I have tethered my smartphone to the machine (a first-generation intel iMac), and am connecting well that way, but this is not an "optimal solution"

could this be a coincidence (that the wireless adapter failed at approx. the same time as my upgrade to 11.04)?
Is there a way to examine the hardware in more detail (like Windows's "device manager")?

help!

pdecarlos
May 3rd, 2011, 03:43 PM
hi this is also happening to me.
I am using a HP2133 with Broadcom STA wireless driver BCM 4312 (Rev 1.0)

I upgraded to 11.04 and my system hangs if I connect to a wireless network.
LAN appears to work fine though.

Same behaviour on my HP 2133 with 11.04. I have tested it after upgrading from 10.10 and with a clean installation.

Stephen_d
May 3rd, 2011, 04:18 PM
There appears to be a bugfix request in launchpad on this issue located here (https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-nettool/+question/154568). Lets hope this gets resolved quickly as I am missing my wireless connection. :(

Stephen_d
May 4th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Gavdari do you have your wireless working?
If you do are you able to provide the kernel driver the device is using? Minie is trying to use the b43-pci-bridge and is hanging as soon as I connect to a wireless network.