PDA

View Full Version : What Football club do you support?

Virogenesis
May 12th, 2006, 12:15 AM
I'm a Chelsea supporter have been since I was about 8.
Support them since I'm from London and what have you and ofcourse I'm a England fan.
Good luck to all the countries involved in the world cup.
What club do you lot support?
must be some other football fans here

ComplexNumber
May 12th, 2006, 12:17 AM
liverpool FC. i'll only ever be an armchair supporter of them though. i have no intention of ever going to a football match. i'm not at all passionate about it and never have been, but i'll support them when they're playing on sky or the radio. i supported them a lot more than i do now when i was at university because people tend to emphasise and identify with where they're from when a large group of people come together. thats why i resurrected my support for liverpool, but it died down soon after i graduated.

helpme
May 12th, 2006, 12:26 AM
St. Pauli (http://www.fc-stpauli.de/)

Ok, it's only in the third league now, but this means it's only 3 more seasons till we finally make it to the Champions League.
And besides, it's the coolest Club on earth and I happen to live just a few hundred meters away from their stadium.

Non established since 1910!

rado_london
May 12th, 2006, 12:29 AM
I support Manchester United from the english teams.
And because I am from Bulgaria I have a favourite local team. Its name is Levski and this year we went to the quarter final for the UEFA Cup:p :p :p

For the World Cup ENGLAND ALL THE WAY!!!

AndyCooll
May 12th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Stockport County and Manchester City

:cool:

Sutekh
May 12th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Liverpool since I could walk. I've always had a soft spot for Man City too.

The Australian League isn't much to speak of yet.

cbudden
May 12th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Gillingham FC

ice60
May 12th, 2006, 01:46 AM
i'm not really a football supporter, but i have always followed Chelsea and make sure i know what's happened every Saturday at 5 o'clock - isn't life sweet? :mrgreen:

btw, i live in Putney.

i'm sick Rooney's injured :mad:

briancurtin
May 12th, 2006, 01:49 AM
CHICAGO BEARS

(yeah, yeah, yeah i know)

ComplexNumber
May 12th, 2006, 01:53 AM
CHICAGO BEARS

(yeah, yeah, yeah i know) get away! :D. thats not football. real football is played with the feet, not the hands.

shuttleworthwannabe
May 12th, 2006, 02:52 AM
My team: orlando Pirates from PSL South Africa; they were the continental champs in 1995 (equivalent to the eufa chanpions league). I am a die hard supporter. But internaltinally, I do not have a fav, but love watching the flare of south american teams and the clinical finishing of the germans. Underdogs is what I like to support.

Anyway, good luck to all the teams, it looks alike we have a cracker of tournament just round the corner!

Onyros
May 12th, 2006, 03:53 AM
Benfica (two time European champs) fan here. I also admire José Mourinho, I was a fan of his way before he got to Chelsea, back when he got to coach Benfica (it wasn't long enough though, unfortunately, but he had the team playing brilliantly when he did). He's an arrogant SOB, but one has to admire his work.

As for Benfica... our team was pure rubbish this season, can't fathom that Champions League display :P

Heads up for Liverpool fans... Simão is not half the player you thought he was. He plays half a season, scores half his goals from penalties, and is a spoiled brat. You saved yourselves millions of pounds ;)

unbuntu
May 12th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Nottingham Forest - since 1991
SS Lazio - since 1993

Sutekh
May 12th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Heads up for Liverpool fans... Simão is not half the player you thought he was. He plays half a season, scores half his goals from penalties, and is a spoiled brat. You saved yourselves millions of pounds ;) We don't need another Cisse debarcle.

fuscia
May 12th, 2006, 07:20 AM
get away! :D. thats not football. real football is played with the feet, not the hands.

and real rugby is played with rugs. GO PATRIOTS!!!

zugu
May 12th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Steaua Bucharest (http://www.steauafc.com) fan here.
Also a Liverpool and Alaves fan.

DaMasta
May 12th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Philadelphia Eagles
http://www.planeteagles.com/images/sigs/philly_userbar.jpg

Virogenesis
May 12th, 2006, 09:33 AM
and real rugby is played with rugs. GO PATRIOTS!!!
Rugby is called Rugby for a valid reason.....it was invented in a town within England called...guess what?.... Rugby ;)

O yeah I'm talking about proper football teams which actually kick a ball around a field and aim for the back of the net

ComplexNumber
May 12th, 2006, 10:47 AM
it was invented in a town within England called although, according to many prominant historians, its quite doubtful that rugby was invented by william web ellis as he and several others were playing football when he suddenly picked up the ball and ran with it....thereby creating....rubgy. he was meant to be a bit of a showoff, but its still considered doubtful that rugby was spontaneously invented by him.

drucer
May 12th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Leeds!

Zodiac
May 12th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Liverpool FC

And the old Buffalo Stallions... man they F'in rocked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Stallions

fuscia
May 12th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Rugby is called Rugby for a valid reason.....it was invented in a town within England called...guess what?.... Rugby ;)

hm! never heard of it.

O yeah I'm talking about proper football teams which actually kick a ball around a field and aim for the back of the net

i just realized how stupid 'baseball' is. it should properly be called 'batball'. btw, what do you guys do with all those crickets?

jeremy
May 12th, 2006, 04:57 PM
None! I do not like football.

Baseball is played in English girls schools, it is called Rounders.

Spacecaptain
May 12th, 2006, 06:01 PM
I am a happy supporter of my cytie's team wich is...

BARCELOOONAAAAAAAAAA

we're playing the champions-league finals agains Arsenal next wednesday!!
when (sorry, "if" sounds lame here) we win that one, we will redifine the expression "partay ma asss-off!!"

ComplexNumber
May 12th, 2006, 06:05 PM
in USA, football is more of a womens game.

xenmax
May 12th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Manchester United in EPL.
AC Milan in Serie A
Barcelona in La Liga.

In UEFA Champions league, um, i guess i'm a 50:50 Milan and Utd supporter. :)

helpme
May 12th, 2006, 06:17 PM
BARCELOOONAAAAAAAAAA

:-k
Isn't this the team that's going to lose against the gunners next week? :twisted:

P.S.: Just joking, I actually love to watch Barcelona play. They simply play an incredible game.

mostwanted
May 12th, 2006, 06:25 PM
I am a happy supporter of my cytie's team wich is...

BARCELOOONAAAAAAAAAA

I've heard that it's a tradition to enlist newborns in the club in Barcelona, any truth to this? :)

Spacecaptain
May 12th, 2006, 07:35 PM
I've heard that it's a tradition to enlist newborns in the club in Barcelona, any truth to this? :)

well, it's not like you HAVE to, lest you be doomed to get your liver eaten, but... many actually do enlist their kids. we have very rare cases of people missing a liver! :mrgreen:

:-k
Isn't this the team that's going to lose against the gunners next week? :twisted:

P.S.: Just joking, I actually love to watch Barcelona play. They simply play an incredible game.

no bad feelings there. i always had a sympathy for The Gunners, they've got class! i think it will be a great final! good luck! (allthough you KNOW we will win and then hire Titi from next year on, sorry ;) )

Kobalt
May 12th, 2006, 07:47 PM
And here comes the Gunners fan : .... ME !!
Arsenal !! Arsenal !! ARSENAL FC !!
Barça is never going to win, neither getting our Titty Henry from Highbury, farewell Highbury by the way... So you got it, I support the (only) great club of London : Arsenal !!
Screw Tottenham and Chelski.

briancurtin
May 12th, 2006, 08:03 PM
do you mean "in USA, football (the one where you throw the ball) is more of a womens game" or "in USA, football (the one where you kick the ball around) is more of a womens game"

i just got mixed up because we are still using the word 'football' but you brought 'USA' into it haha

Biltong (Dee)
May 12th, 2006, 08:05 PM
SOUTHAMPTON
I have been a supporter since I was three - and it doesn't matter that I' m now half a planet away.
I'm still a Saints supporter.

kh4nh
May 12th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Blue Jay, Toronto :-D

towner
May 12th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Any other fans of the mighty Derby County out there???

Thought not.oh well

ComplexNumber
May 12th, 2006, 08:36 PM
do you mean "in USA, football (the one where you throw the ball) is more of a womens game" or "in USA, football (the one where you kick the ball around) is more of a womens game"

i just got mixed up because we are still using the word 'football' but you brought 'USA' into it haha ok, sorry. i meant real football (americans call it soccer). it has quite a big following amongst american women, and the american womens team is quite good. american men aren't that keen on football at all - they're much more interested in american football and baseball.

matthew
May 12th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Raja Club Athletic :)

http://www.rajacasablanca.com/

Actually I live several hours away, but I have attended a couple of their matches while in Casablanca. 15,000 men in a stadium and I only saw 3 females. That was odd. Pretty decent ball club, though.

I'll be honest, I couldn't care a lot less than I do now, but Morocco just needed a mention and I like the color green. :)

zubrug
May 12th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Toronto FC , starting 2008

NeoChaosX
May 12th, 2006, 11:12 PM
It was the San Jose Earthquakes (http://wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose_Earthquakes), at least until the jerk owners moved them to Houston. :mad:

Now I just follow hockey (as evidenced on my av). Go Sharks!

barbarian
May 12th, 2006, 11:22 PM
MU, Newcastle

Swab
May 12th, 2006, 11:25 PM
ok, sorry. i meant real football (americans call it soccer). it has quite a big following amongst american women, and the american womens team is quite good. american men aren't that keen on football at all - they're much more interested in american football and baseball.

USA mens team are currently ranked 4 in the world...

ComplexNumber
May 12th, 2006, 11:34 PM
USA mens team are currently ranked 4 in the world... judged by what :D. absenteism? if you're saying that USA can be above any of the following in terms of games won, then there is something desperately wrong with those so called rankings: argentina, brazil, italy, germany, spain, nigeria, sweden, croatia, england....not to mention about 10-20 others. there is no way on earth that USA is above any of them.

this (http://www.sportscheduler.co.sz/fifa_world_cup.htm) is likely to be much more accurate:

Seedings were determined according to past World Cup placings and FIFA Rankings and are (in order): Brazil, England, Spain, Germany, Mexico, France, Argentina, Italy.

drucer
May 12th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Listen! Some of you sound like you support winning team - whichever team that happens to be at certain moment.

I SUPPORT LEEDS! BEEN DOING THAT SINCE LATE 70s!

I will _NEVER_ change that. I will stand behind my team through the good and the bad times.

Swab
May 12th, 2006, 11:38 PM
judged by what :D. absenteism? if you're saying that USA can be above any of the follwing in terms of skill, then there is something desperately wrong with those so called rankings: argentina, brazil, italy, germany, spain, nigeria, sweden, croatia, england. there is no way on earth that USA is above any of them in terms of games won over a long period of time.

Well yeah, the rankings are obviously crap...

And on another point, qualification for the world cup is totally unfair... seems to me that USA and Mexico are almost automatic since the rest of the teams in their region are absolute rubbish. Now obviously I'm just bitter that Scotland won't be in the tournament (again) but still..... grrrr!

MetalMusicAddict
May 12th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Hail to the REDSKINS (http://www.redskins.com/)!

http://shop.joegibbsracing.com/DSN/wwwjgrshopcom/Content/Images/main/redskins.jpg

derjames
May 12th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Bayern Lever Kusen aus Deutschland
Toluca de Mexico
River Plate de Argentina
und
Celtic from Scotland

openmind
May 13th, 2006, 12:56 AM
I've been Chelsea mad since 1970 when as a boy I watched Ossie (RIP) and the boys beat Leeds in the Cup Final. I followed them all over England during The 80's, exotic places like Grimsby, Plymouth, and Huddersfield!

So yeah, the last couple of years have been a long time coming. It tastes sweeter because of the history.:D

beercz
May 13th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Manchester United (Manchester is my home town - it's where I was born) and England. Have done since I was in nappies.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!! :-)

ice60
May 13th, 2006, 04:48 AM
And here comes the Gunners fan : .... ME !!
Arsenal !! Arsenal !! ARSENAL FC !!
Barça is never going to win, neither getting our Titty Henry from Highbury, farewell Highbury by the way... So you got it, I support the (only) great club of London : Arsenal !!
Screw Tottenham and Chelski.
if arsenal are so great why do chelsea keep winning the league :confused:

surely chelsea rule London with spurs and arsenal fighting for second best?

K.Mandla
May 13th, 2006, 05:05 AM
I support Manchester United from the english teams.
Same here. For a national team, I'm partial to Bafana Bafana.

dralaroc
May 13th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Philadelphia Eagles
http://www.planeteagles.com/images/sigs/philly_userbar.jpg

See Ya on Monday Night Football bro'. America's Team, Heart & Soul!! Go Cowboys! Sorry my soccer brethren but I could not let that Philly fan get away without a word from a Dallas Cowboy fan in stinkin' Brown's country :mrgreen:

dralaroc
May 13th, 2006, 05:17 AM
Hail to the REDSKINS (http://www.redskins.com/)!

http://shop.joegibbsracing.com/DSN/wwwjgrshopcom/Content/Images/main/redskins.jpg

Nooooo :mrgreen: Metal, dude I took you for a Raider fan. I guess you and Philly fan will catch a beat down from my beloved Cowboyz!

Kobalt
May 13th, 2006, 07:44 AM
if arsenal are so great why do chelsea keep winning the league :confused:

surely chelsea rule London with spurs and arsenal fighting for second best?
Chelski wins thanks to the pesos of Abrahmovic, paying off for known talented players ang giving up formation or discovering new talents (sush as Fabregas)... And Tottenham, well, we'll see next year when then will struggle not to fall in division one :-D

Virogenesis
May 13th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Chelski wins thanks to the pesos of Abrahmovic, paying off for known talented players ang giving up formation or discovering new talents (sush as Fabregas)... And Tottenham, well, we'll see next year when then will struggle not to fall in division one :-D
Not too be rude kobalt but most of Chelsea's best players where here at the club before Mr A took over....
Lamps was signed years ago, been wonderful for the club scoring many goals for us.
Cole fantastic player, out standing skill.... look at the goal he scored against Man U.
most of the signings Jose has made haven't been that great, hopefully we'll see Drogba in better form next season.
Chelsea had to get alot of new players due to old ones leaving Zola wouldn't of been able to play for Chelsea for all his life, he was getting old.
Our club has grown thats all we have Mr A who comes to our games and generally shows a bit of interest unlike Man u's new owner whos pretty much put them in debt.
If you really want to talk about buying players off I suggest you look at how many french players you have in your current squad.

DaMasta
May 13th, 2006, 08:46 AM
See Ya on Monday Night Football bro'. America's Team, Heart & Soul!! Go Cowboys! Sorry my soccer brethren but I could not let that Philly fan get away without a word from a Dallas Cowboy fan in stinkin' Brown's country :mrgreen:
Lol, we'll see. You guys just better hope that offensive line of yours can protect that statue you call a QB.
Bad oline == lots of sacks == Bledsoe rushing his throws == Owens throwing a hissy == joy for Eagles fans.

fuscia
May 13th, 2006, 10:00 AM
ok, sorry. i meant real football (americans call it soccer). it has quite a big following amongst american women, and the american womens team is quite good. american men aren't that keen on football at all - they're much more interested in american football and baseball.

that will change in the future. i would guess that most american male adults never played soccer, while most of them played baseball and football (even if neighborhood pickup games were their only involvment). all the kids around this area (raleigh area in north carolina) now play soccer. that's likely to have some impact on their tastes as adults. not a guarantee: i played baseball and can't stand it. (i think i'd rather watch bowling.)

Jaudus
May 13th, 2006, 12:48 PM
I support Vålerenga, last years winners in the Norwegian series. this year we are back to normal and have only won one game after seven games. Yesterday we lost to our arch rival. We are the boldest, toughest and fairest team in the world. Who else dare to play theire matches without a striker? (Well, we have one, Tore Andre Flo, but he strained his neck while getting out of bed a few weeks ago.) Our current striker is actuly our right back, and our top scorer is our left back. But, do I love my team? Hell, yeah!

MetalMusicAddict
May 13th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Nooooo :mrgreen: Metal, dude I took you for a Raider fan. I guess you and Philly fan will catch a beat down from my beloved Cowboyz!
Though I do love Slayer Im not a Raider fan. I grew up in D.C. :) Cowgirlz huh? :) Thats ok. You still use linux. ;)

henriquemaia
May 13th, 2006, 01:10 PM

I think Mourinho has a say on Chelsea success. He won Uefa cupa and European Champions League with FCPorto without that huge budget...

sophtpaw
May 13th, 2006, 01:21 PM
I'm a Chelsea supporter have been since I was about 8.
Support them since I'm from London and what have you and ofcourse I'm a England fan.
Good luck to all the countries involved in the world cup.
What club do you lot support?
must be some other football fans here

UBUNTUUuuuu!!!!!! are a great team. Go Ubuntu...GOOOOOAAAAAAAALL!!!

richbarna
May 13th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Spurs - since I was a boy - So So Soooo close this season :(
Barcelona - because I live here.
Bye Bye Arsenal :)

linbetwin
May 13th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Supporter of Steaua Bucharest, winners of the European Cup in 1986, (played against Barcelona), winners of the European Super Cup in 1987, finalists of the European Cup in 1989 and semi-finalists of the UEFA Cup this year. And we would have been in the final, had it not been for Middlesborough. Ah, that name hurts! Macarone! The horror, the horror... Thank God Sevilla got the better of them.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4c/Steaua.png

djroadrash
May 13th, 2006, 02:00 PM
real madrid de espana
los pumas de la universidad de mexico (my school)
but am more of a cycling fan. am glad lance amstrong is gone.hehe:KS

the_borderer
May 13th, 2006, 02:08 PM
I don't really bother with football that much, but I do look out for the results of my old local teams, Carlisle United and Gretna.

It's been a good season for both teams.

Kobalt
May 13th, 2006, 02:48 PM
If you really want to talk about buying players off I suggest you look at how many french players you have in your current squad.
UKIP supporter I guess ?
So, If it's a french coach, loving and devoted to his club, that wins the Champions League this year, will it still be an English win ?
We're all europeans, as a matter of fact, but I think you forgot that.
And Mr A, is he english or not ? No. European then ? No. But you still like him, even if he isn't english ?
I was think of adding something nice to finish, byt screw it, I really don't like Chelski.

ComplexNumber
May 13th, 2006, 08:30 PM
the best team in the premiership won the FA Cup today.

Biltong (Dee)
May 13th, 2006, 08:42 PM
the best team in the premiership won the FA Cup today.

That's odd. I didn't think Southampton were playing...

Yeah yeah, they were relegated... DO NOT EVEN MENTION IT!!!

Swab
May 13th, 2006, 09:03 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/Aberdeen_fc.png

Aberdeen... winners of the European Cup Winners' Cup, and European Super Cup, as well as 4 Scottish league titles and 7 Scottish Cups!

STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE, WE ARE THE FAMOUS ABERDEEN!

Virogenesis
May 13th, 2006, 10:28 PM
UKIP supporter I guess ?
So, If it's a french coach, loving and devoted to his club, that wins the Champions League this year, will it still be an English win ?
We're all europeans, as a matter of fact, but I think you forgot that.
And Mr A, is he english or not ? No. European then ? No. But you still like him, even if he isn't english ?
I was think of adding something nice to finish, byt screw it, I really don't like Chelski.
Edited by myself so doesn't get closed.

1. No I don't support them I have been outside the Uk, infact I like the south of France, I've been to America was alright but wouldn't like to live there.
Been to India, very nice country very friendly people they do rip you off but you expect that.
2. Its nice to say I once went to school with such in such once can you do that with a french footballer. For instance I could say I went to the same school as David platt and as a kid you wish to be playing for your country so its nice to have a good idol, for example Rooney, Owen... players like that.
3. No he isn't English but you think I don't like zola or anyone else foreign? You think I never got digs about having lack of English players think again its just a shame that Arsenal attracts so many youths and they do have a pretty good youth set up and no one is coming through.

Virogenesis
May 13th, 2006, 10:29 PM
I don't really bother with football that much, but I do look out for the results of my old local teams, Carlisle United and Gretna.

It's been a good season for both teams.
Very good season for Gretna indeed infact I have never heard of them before its a shame they lost.

rado_london
May 13th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Supporter of Steaua Bucharest, winners of the European Cup in 1986, (played against Barcelona), winners of the European Super Cup in 1987, finalists of the European Cup in 1989 and semi-finalists of the UEFA Cup this year. And we would have been in the final, had it not been for Middlesborough. Ah, that name hurts! Macarone! The horror, the horror... Thank God Sevilla got the better of them.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4c/Steaua.png

Sorry about boro as I am from Bulgaria and partly supported you. But at least you lost from a team that played football. My team Levski(we went to the 1/4 finals) was sent home from the referees (yes Mike Riley)-he did everything in the world to stop us and thats how Schalke went to the semi final. Hate when UEFA is dealing like sh*t with the eastern european countries. Same case happend when they set you up agains dinamo.

linbetwin
May 14th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Sorry about boro as I am from Bulgaria and partly supported you. But at least you lost from a team that played football. My team Levski(we went to the 1/4 finals) was sent home from the referees (yes Mike Riley)-he did everything in the world to stop us and thats how Schalke went to the semi final. Hate when UEFA is dealing like sh*t with the eastern european countries. Same case happend when they set you up agains dinamo.

Yeah, they put Steaua Bucharest against Rapid Bucharest in the 4-final. Big surprise there ! And Steve McLaren will be England's manager thanks to Basel and Steaua.

Lopsicle
May 14th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Have a guess :p

oyvindaa
May 20th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Yid Army!

isotonic
June 4th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Nice to see the Toon's relying on local support.:p

Have a guess :p

isotonic
June 4th, 2006, 06:27 PM
aaahhhhhhh - fergie's old stomping ground!

Aberdeen... winners of the European Cup Winners' Cup, and European Super Cup, as well as 4 Scottish league titles and 7 Scottish Cups!

STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE, WE ARE THE FAMOUS ABERDEEN!

isotonic
June 4th, 2006, 06:30 PM
http://www.manutd.com/pix/home_new/logo_manuCrest.gif

dabear
June 4th, 2006, 06:36 PM
UK: Manchester
In Norway: Rosenborg ballklubb, rbk (http://www.rbk.no/)

Swab
June 4th, 2006, 07:02 PM
aaahhhhhhh - fergie's old stomping ground!

Can't we have him back now?

Lopsicle
June 5th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Nice to see the Toon's relying on local support.:p

Q - How many ManU fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

A - Four, one to change the lightbulb, one to buy the 2005/06 commemorative "how to change the lightbulb" dvd and wallchart, one to take photo's of the lighhtbulb being changed and one to drive the other three back to Milton Keynes

:mrgreen: \\:D/

bigken
June 5th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Sunderland AFC lol ](*,)

isotonic
June 5th, 2006, 10:18 AM
LOL!!! Nice one Lop! :D

Normally the trip is to London to be with the other cockney reds!!! ;)

Q - How many ManU fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

A - Four, one to change the lightbulb, one to buy the 2005/06 commemorative "how to change the lightbulb" dvd and wallchart, one to take photo's of the lighhtbulb being changed and one to drive the other three back to Milton Keynes

:mrgreen: \\:D/

isotonic
June 5th, 2006, 10:21 AM
He's ready for the knackers yard now, so you're more than welcome! ;)

Even with all his managerial skills, I think it would be asking too much to turn around the Scottish side. :mrgreen:

Can't we have him back now?

Swab
June 5th, 2006, 07:46 PM
He's ready for the knackers yard now, so you're more than welcome! ;)

Even with all his managerial skills, I think it would be asking too much to turn around the Scottish side. :mrgreen:

Come on Trinidad & Tobago!!

Who do you think will put England out this time, Germany or Argentina?

thomashauk
June 5th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Middlesbrough. Nice to see we where talked about.
Why isn't the final played over two legs though? We might have won then given we lost all the first legs.

Johnsie
June 5th, 2006, 08:12 PM
In American football the players wear gay spandex/latex grape smugling costumes. What's the deal with that?

Soccer and Rugby are way more entertaining than NFL or Baseball(rounders). That's why they get higher worldwide audiences.

Lopsicle
June 5th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Come on Trinidad & Tobago!!

Who do you think will put England out this time, Germany or Argentina?

Do you mean like the last time we played Germany at Germany and won 5-1 or do you mean like we beat Argentina 3-2.

Sorry dont know any significant Scotish victories, prolly cause they isnt any :)

But at least you won the Ladies Curling :) ONCE!!!!!!!! :eek:

Biltong (Dee)
June 5th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Hey, don't be nasty. I thoroughly enjoyed that!

rado_london
June 6th, 2006, 12:51 AM
In American football the players wear gay spandex/latex grape smugling costumes. What's the deal with that?

Soccer and Rugby are way more entertaining than NFL or Baseball(rounders). That's why they get higher worldwide audiences.
I agree that their suits are crap.
Also its called football not soccer. That word is getting on me nervs. Geez learn it!!!

DuckMan
December 8th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Velez Sarsfield (http://www.velezsarsfield.com.ar) from Argentina =)

6 times league champion
1 "Copa libertadores de America" (like the champions of europe)
1 Intercontinental Cup (you known this one ;) )
1 Supercopa
1 Recopa Sudamericana
1 Copa Interamericana

joelito
December 8th, 2006, 05:41 AM
From USL...

ISLANDERS FTW!!!!!!!

mdsmedia
December 8th, 2006, 06:19 AM
In Australia, it has to be Melbourne Victory.

In EPL, West Ham...since I was in primary school (that's 5yo to 11yo for those unfamiliar with Aussie schools). Liverpool, since they won the FA Cup back in the mid-70s and because I've been a Beatles fan for as long as I can remember, and Leeds, for some reason I have a soft spot for them and when Harry Kewell was playing for them it gave me even more reason.

AC Milan in Serie A.

Can't decide between Real and Barcelona in Spanish (La Liga?). I know....I'll have to decide or just not have one, because you can't support both.

Celtic in Scotland.

Ajax in Netherlands.

Bayern Munich in Germany.

In NFL, Cowboys (and Texas Rangers in Baseball).

viper
December 8th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Ok as for the term "Football" in Australia we don`t really associate it with the round ball type- Soccer. So the football team i support are called Richmond FC (Tigers) and the Soccer team i support is Man United. Damn does this make any sense, its Friday afternoon here now and we are having a few drinkies in the office ;)

BOBSONATOR
December 8th, 2006, 08:03 AM
You are my Arsenal,
My only Arsenal,
You make me happy,
When skies are grey,
You'll never know just,
How much I love you,
So please don't take my Arsenal away.

Verminox
December 8th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Manchester United and Crystal Palace.

smoker
December 8th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Motherwell Football Club

tbroderick
December 8th, 2006, 09:30 AM
S.S.C. Napoli and Celtic.

xpod
December 8th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Motherwell Football Club[-(

Hearts;)

Circus-Killer
December 8th, 2006, 11:14 AM
orlando pirates (http://www.orlandopiratesfc.com/) ;)

Bezmotivnik
December 8th, 2006, 01:20 PM
So, the only real point of this thread for me is to learn if there are any serious hoolies here.

beercz
December 8th, 2006, 01:54 PM
So, the only real point of this thread for me is to learn if there are any serious hoolies here.

serious hoolies?

xpod
December 8th, 2006, 02:02 PM

Hands up all the Rangers\Celtic fans;)

elettronicha
December 8th, 2006, 02:53 PM
I'm Italian and support JUVENTUS F.C. since when I was born, though this year we were put back to B category.

Also I'm for Barcelona.

Bezmotivnik
December 9th, 2006, 12:25 PM
serious hoolies?
Well, "serious" in terms of cumulative blood loss, number of arrests and deportations.

I didn't mean to suggest that hoolie firms spent a lot of time brainstorming third-world debt relief and string theory.

Sorry for any confusion...

iPower
December 9th, 2006, 02:20 PM
AIK (http://www.aik.se)

Lord de le Warr
January 21st, 2007, 07:04 PM
I am an Arsenal fan and all i have to say is that they are going to win everything this year.

JurB
January 21st, 2007, 07:12 PM
http://tux.crystalxp.net/png/936-15859.png

RSCA
Anderlecht champion!

forrestcupp
January 22nd, 2007, 04:35 PM
CHICAGO BEARS

(yeah, yeah, yeah i know)

See you at the Superbowl. I'm a Colts fan.

Hey, American Football is fun too. You get to see more people getting their legs and knees hyperextended.

EmilyRose
January 22nd, 2007, 04:48 PM
Barcelona =) I lived in spain all last year... and got to love barca. Ronaldhino is just awesome =)

exc220
January 22nd, 2007, 04:57 PM
LAZIO!

Then ONLY team in Rome!! :lol:

http://www.lazionet.net/forum/Smileys/classic/band1.gif

tigerpants
January 22nd, 2007, 05:39 PM
Plymouth Argyle

darrenm
January 22nd, 2007, 05:44 PM
Aston Villa :D

public_void
January 22nd, 2007, 06:19 PM
A Man Utd supporter from Manchester, and Altrincham a local club in the Conference.

dorcssa
January 22nd, 2007, 06:46 PM
Well, I only watch the world cup and the european cup, coz there I can see real football..the hungarian guys just lost interest, they play very badly... I don't suppose anybody remember that Hungary was a great football nation once. Maybe you heard of Ferenc Puskas?(At least the spanish ones) Btw, I like Real Madrid (especially Figo :mrgreen: ..ok I'm a girl :p )

About the american ways...it's a shame that someone would dare to call that rude, violent and brutal game football...I only saw it on films, but it's more than enough.:???:

MkfIbK7a
January 22nd, 2007, 06:49 PM
Well, I only watch the world cup and the european cup, coz there I can see real football..the hungarian guys just lost interest, they play very badly... I don't suppose anybody remember that Hungary was a great football nation once. Maybe you heard of Ferenc Puskas?(At least the spanish ones) Btw, I like Real Madrid (especially Figo :mrgreen: ..ok I'm a girl :p )

About the american ways...it's a shame that someone would dare to call that rude, violent and brutal game football...I only saw it on films, but it's more than enough.:???:

well have you heard of rugby where people get broken necks...:rolleyes:

dorcssa
January 22nd, 2007, 07:00 PM
Rugby means american football, no?

MkfIbK7a
January 22nd, 2007, 07:02 PM
no rugby is a british game played with a large white balll shaped like an american footbal but it is twice as violent

dorcssa
January 22nd, 2007, 07:16 PM
Ok, then I don't know that. But I get the feeling that american football has another name.

MkfIbK7a
January 22nd, 2007, 07:26 PM
nope just football:D

dorcssa
January 22nd, 2007, 07:40 PM
Well, then we can call it sucker(instead of soccer :mrgreen:), and leave the name for the real football. :D

forrestcupp
January 22nd, 2007, 07:54 PM
Well, then we can call it sucker(instead of soccer :mrgreen:), and leave the name for the real football. :D

Evidentally, Europeans like American football, too. Why else would the UK be begging America's National Football League to have a game in London next year?

It's ok to like more than one sport.

Mateo
January 22nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
FC Porto.

dorcssa
January 22nd, 2007, 08:09 PM
Evidentally, Europeans like American football, too. Why else would the UK be begging America's National Football League to have a game in London next year?

I'm not questioning that, I like many kind of sports..just this rugby or what..it's not nice. And I wasn't aware that the brithish likes this sport, but I'm not suprised, hence it was a british sport originally as I know. Well, it's not nice from me to say I don't like it coz it's violent, because I do karate, but I think for a team game it shouldn't be like that.

TheWizzard
January 25th, 2007, 10:39 PM
i'm dutch, so it's fc barcelona!
in the netherlands: psv

jamyskis
January 25th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Plymouth Argyle

I saw a "Green Army" sticker in the back of a Gütersloh car recently, all the way over here in Germany, if you ever...

Anyway, Paderborn 07 for me anyday ;)

spinflick
January 26th, 2007, 12:29 AM

Funny first I heard of it, so we love it so much that we dont even have a single professional american football team? No american football is shown on terestrial tv except the super bowl which is shown at about 3am in the morning and the majority of the people watching will be americans living or working here.

spinflick
January 26th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Oh yeah, sorry back to the original question............

Newcastle United :D

galvatron1983
January 26th, 2007, 12:37 AM
COLCHESTER UNITED FC

Col U till I die!!!

www.cu-fc.com for anybody (most likely everybody on here) wondering who the hell they are....

jamyskis
January 26th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Funny first I heard of it, so we love it so much that we dont even have a single professional american football team? No american football is shown on terestrial tv except the super bowl which is shown at about 3am in the morning and the majority of the people watching will be americans living or working here.

Well, in a European context, that's not strictly true. American Football has a sizeable minority fan base here in Germany. Although most of the professional teams can't afford their own domain name... :mrgreen:

http://dolphins.tichy.de/

spinflick
January 26th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Well, I don't suppose anybody remember that Hungary was a great football nation once. Maybe you heard of Ferenc Puskas?:

Anyone who has never heard of the name Puskas does not know there football. It was a sad loss when he died and will be missed, many football fans here in the UK rated him even better than Pele

:)

stoffepojken
January 26th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Aik

forrestcupp
January 26th, 2007, 02:55 PM

Search it out. I'm not talking about UK having an American football team. They are working out a deal with the NFL to have one game with our teams traveling to London. I am also not saying that there are more American football fans in UK than there are soccer/football fans. I am saying that there is some interest there. If you aren't one of the people who are interested, that's your choice.

I am an American football fan, but I also respect soccer/football. It takes a lot of talent to play that game. Anyone who thinks American football is a remedial sport hasn't studied it. It takes a great amount of intelligent strategizing.

darrenm
January 26th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I used to love Maddens.

Cross Right and Hail Mary were the way to go!

galvatron1983
January 26th, 2007, 04:26 PM
http://i13.tinypic.com/4ctmyqh.jpg

spinflick
January 26th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Search it out..

Sorry but your post indicated that the whole of the UK was hoping that the game would come here. That was not the case, infact it was hardly mentioned in the press Link (http://sportsbiznews.blogspot.com/2007/01/london-calling-and-for-some-reason-it.html)

The only reason London got it was revunue and the fact that the New Wembley Stadium will/should ;) be finished by the summer.

channel5
January 26th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Derby County

forrestcupp
January 26th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Sorry but your post indicated that the whole of the UK was hoping that the game would come here. That was not the case, infact it was hardly mentioned in the press Link (http://sportsbiznews.blogspot.com/2007/01/london-calling-and-for-some-reason-it.html)

The only reason London got it was revunue and the fact that the New Wembley Stadium will/should ;) be finished by the summer.

That link just confirms that the NFL does have a big European interest in Germany.

But like I was trying to say earlier, I'm definitely not trashing soccer. But you don't need to trash American football, either. Yes, we stole the name, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a great game, too.

Canis familiaris
January 29th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Liverpool FC

flapane
January 29th, 2007, 12:29 PM
SSC Napoli

shining
January 29th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I unsupport them all.

TheWizzard
January 30th, 2007, 07:20 PM
I unsupport them all.

then don't bother posting here :evil:

happy-and-lost
January 30th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Leeds United

Well, why not?

jharbert
February 28th, 2007, 03:22 AM
ARSENAL FC!!!!

Go Gunners!

harley_frog
March 1st, 2007, 03:07 AM
Football?!? HA! I'd rather watch, better yet play, a game of lacrosse.

xenmax
March 1st, 2007, 02:25 PM
ARSENAL FC!!!!

Go Gunners!
Looks like a bad year for arsenal fans!! :lolflag:

AZzKikR
March 1st, 2007, 03:26 PM
Feyenoord Rotterdam (http://www.feyenoord.nl) :)

Gargamella
March 1st, 2007, 04:01 PM
i don't like italian championship anyway Milan AC, for the world Leage ITALIA!!!

world champions 2006 ;D

clash
March 1st, 2007, 04:02 PM
Soccer is ok, Rugbys better, baseball sucks, sorry guys but it badly badly sucks. I watched a cricket match and thought "Thats not actually half bad" then i seen a baseball match. :neutral:

Maybe it was just a REALLY REALLY bad game like all sports have but .. my god i was bored.

But have any of you ever seen a hurling match ? :)

Linky1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIHHJNW6qfM)

Linky2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uTuUIVlJjc&mode=related&search=)

manutdfan2850
March 1st, 2007, 04:31 PM
Glory Glory Manchester United!!!!

Onyros
March 1st, 2007, 08:06 PM
Soccer is ok, Rugbys better, baseball sucks, sorry guys but it badly badly sucks. I watched a cricket match and thought "Thats not actually half bad" then i seen a baseball match. :neutral:

Maybe it was just a REALLY REALLY bad game like all sports have but .. my god i was bored.

But have any of you ever seen a hurling match ? :)

Linky1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIHHJNW6qfM)

Linky2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uTuUIVlJjc&mode=related&search=)Man... hurling is an incredible sport, really!

I remember being but a kid and watching a few games (TV), and being completely mesmerized. Every once in a while me and a few friends play Gaelic Football (which is played with a gaelic football, rather than with the hurley and sliotar, but the rules are pretty much the same), but we're mainly a rugby rowdy buncha drunkards and All Blacks fans.

As for the All Blacks, it's also an old fascination, ever since I watched the Haka in a live & televised game against the frogs. It's incredible, better than describing it is... ---> Watching it! (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KMvNFysCko&mode=related&search=)

Mimou
March 2nd, 2007, 10:27 AM
Hi everyone!

The Football club I support is the PSG (http://www.psg.fr) (Paris Saint Germain).
I'am French and I live near Paris so ... Go PSG :D

igknighted
March 2nd, 2007, 10:37 AM
Arsenal FTW!!! IDK why, but since i was young I was always drawn to Arsenal (they've had a rough go of it these past few weeks... though not as bad as that bloke from chelsea, glad he's OK). Also I follow... US National Team, AC Milan, DC United.

igknighted
March 2nd, 2007, 10:43 AM
I am an American football fan, but I also respect soccer/football. It takes a lot of talent to play that game. Anyone who thinks American football is a remedial sport hasn't studied it. It takes a great amount of intelligent strategizing.

Yeah... by the coaches. American Football (and I am like every other American man and will waste hours on a sunday afternoon watching it) is the most overcoached sport in the world. The coaches give players so little freedom by carefully scripting plays down to the "t" that it's almost like WWE wrestling in a way. Of course there are exceptions (see Payton Manning who can call his own plays), but most players do what the coaches say and thats it. That's not a knock, its just the way it is. At every level from HS on up, the coach does thinking and the players go out and do it. Its how the game works. I enjoy watching the game, but the players don't really do the intelligent work like in many other sports.

drfalkor
March 2nd, 2007, 10:46 AM
Football is boring !:mad:

reza81
March 2nd, 2007, 11:15 AM
SFC FEYENOORD

http://www.football.co.uk/shared/images/teams/feyenoord.jpg

Kobalt
March 2nd, 2007, 11:41 AM
I'm from Nancy : I can say I will never be supportive of Feyenoord. Some of their fans are just a bunch of brain-less pieces of meat...
Anyway, Feyenoord still got their spanking in Nancy, remember reza81 ? :)

AZzKikR
March 5th, 2007, 03:14 PM
I'm from Nancy : I can say I will never be supportive of Feyenoord. Some of their fans are just a bunch of brain-less pieces of meat...
Anyway, Feyenoord still got their spanking in Nancy, remember reza81 ? :)

What on earth are you talking about? Do you think that Feyenoord is the only football club which has supporters lacking brains? Of course not! Even Nancy has a group of <expletive> who like to fight and cause trouble. Barcelona has them. Juventus has them. Hotspur has them.

Let me tell you this, my friend: every major football club has those riot-eers. I am a proud supporter of Feyenoord - the club and their players - and not of the actions of some of those 'so-called supporters' who bash and slash everything or everyone who does not support Feyenoord!

Not everyone is the same you know. The majority of people supporting their club are just normal, violence-less people. Think about it dude.

Koori23
March 5th, 2007, 05:50 PM

Football (Soccer to us colonists), is actually better to watch the women play.. The Women's USA team always seems to do better than the male USA team.

I don't know if you all know this or not, we do have the MLS here.. (Major League Soccer), it's an up and coming sport here but it's nice to watch. I think David Beckham from Real Madrid is playing for the LA Galaxy next year.

karellen
March 5th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Real Madrid CF :)

Elena678
March 5th, 2007, 07:29 PM
hi hi, never could think aboud it to find this toppic in a ubuntu forum :)

I love umeå IK, it's women's football.
They are just the best,
Soon they will play the final in the uefa women's cop againt arsenal.
I look forword to see the big victory for umeå :P

greetings

Erik Trybom
March 5th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I'm not really the fan type, but I like Brommapojkarna, the local club where I live. This year they qualified for the highest league in Sweden so it's going to be fun watching their home games. I can walk to the arena from my home.

Interestingly enough, Brommapojkarna claims to be the largest football club in Europe, by having over 200 teams (from seven year-olds and up). In any case it's a cool club because they focus so much on juniors.

newmo
March 5th, 2007, 08:22 PM
AFC Wimbledon - facing a totally unjust 18 deduction from the Ryman League because a player didn't get international clearance from Cardiff who, though they play in the English League, are apparently more foreign than Beijing United.

As for American Football my nephew plays for a British team, the Portsmouth Destroyers, in the British Collegiate American Football League and absolutely loves it.

dyous87
March 6th, 2007, 03:35 AM
Juventus, damn scandals and demotions :(

...they will rise again

BOBSONATOR
March 6th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Arsenal Boom Boom Boom, Arsenal Boom Boom Boom.

JanusGeminus
March 6th, 2007, 05:34 AM
FC Barcelona would indeed be my club of choice.

Can't bring myself to support an Irish club as it is sort of like baking a mule in a horse race.

Kevin Funnell
March 6th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Carlton - Aussie Rules, Football, Meat Pies, Holden cars & kangaroos

zugu
March 6th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Steaua Bucharest

afljafa
March 7th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Carlton - Aussie Rules, Football, Meat Pies, Holden cars & kangaroos

Watch out - Lance will eat all those Meat Pies.

West Coast man myself.

groggyboy
March 7th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Amsterdam Ajax (although I'd cheer for PSV Eindhoven in a pinch - but never Feynoord Rotterdam)

UrbanSlayer
March 7th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Tottenham Hotspur FTW.

sibrand
March 8th, 2007, 12:04 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/he/thumb/a/a9/Club_Brugge_logo.png/200px-Club_Brugge_logo.png

Club Brugge !

But they're playing terrible at the moment. :-k

Oh, it's a Belgian team. So they always play rather terrible if you compare them with Liverpool, Barça, Juve,... .

DrainBead
March 8th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Manchester United all the way.

fenian
March 8th, 2007, 01:43 AM
Liverpool or whoever is playing Manchester United.

DrainBead
March 8th, 2007, 01:50 AM

Ah, so you're rooting for who ever playes Man U to win? Well then you must feel very sad now, right? ;)

Why do you dislike Man U?

beercz
March 8th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Manchester United or whoever is playing Liverpool ;-)

hkgonra
March 8th, 2007, 03:53 AM
Dallas Cowboys (Pro )
Tennessee Vols (College)
Arlington Tigers (High School )
Ellendale Bears ( Youth 6-14 years old ) see my avatar for the logo. :lolflag:

DrainBead
March 8th, 2007, 04:24 AM
Dallas Cowboys (Pro )
Tennessee Vols (College)
Arlington Tigers (High School )
Ellendale Bears ( Youth 6-14 years old ) see my avatar for the logo. :lolflag:

That's not football, that's the cowards version of rugby with kevlar body armor. ;)

hkgonra
March 8th, 2007, 05:58 PM
That's not football, that's the cowards version of rugby with kevlar body armor. ;)

People forget that the "armor" while it gives protection it also is used as a weapon. It hurts MUCH more to get hit by the head of an opposing player on one of the uncovered parts of the body when that player has a helmet on his head.

milehigh
March 11th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Colorado Rapids.

oswaldkelso
March 11th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Birmingham City

But I have been known to watch

Hereford united

East Fife

Dunfermline

Dundee

ounas
March 11th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Support your team whatever it is, but remember support it through all the ups and downs. When I lived in London I supported Charlton, lived near the ground went to games home and away in freezing cold. Still support them, will till I die. Nothing against
Liverpool or Man United, but why do some Londoners support them I dont know. Or is it
just because they our doing well

-Ounas:)

Addick till I die

indiocolifa
March 14th, 2007, 11:06 PM
ESTUDIANTES DE LA PLATA

beercz
March 14th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Support your team whatever it is, but remember support it through all the ups and downs. When I lived in London I supported Charlton, lived near the ground went to games home and away in freezing cold. Still support them, will till I die. Nothing against
Liverpool or Man United, but why do some Londoners support them I dont know. Or is it
just because they our doing well

-Ounas:)

Addick till I die

I support Manchester United because I am originally from Manchester, and lived quite close to Old Trafford.

I now live not that far from Charlton :-)

mills
May 2nd, 2007, 03:20 PM
Plymouth Argyle F.C

its a city/town in the southwest, they play in green and oh yeah pele came here with Santos f.c
and we beat em 3-2 in 1973 and erm well errr thats it, bye

timpino
May 2nd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Well I support a lot of clubs... but the four most close to my heart are:

in Sweden: Örebro SK (It's from my hometown and always has a special place in my heart)

in Spain: F.C. Barcelona (since 1999 when i saw what people refer to as football being played, never seen it before, just people hoofing a ball around)

in England: Manchester United (they had Cantona when I learnt about football, what more can you ask really)

also in England: West Ham United (always had a soft spot for the club that produces half of the English national team and get's robbed all the time)

on a side note there are a few teams that I wish financial difficulties, relegation and administratorship on, easy to find out which, just check the rivals to my teams :)

jjbean
May 2nd, 2007, 04:22 PM
Just cause we Americans have to be different. GO CRUSH! (http://www.coloradocrush.com/)

http://www.logoserver.com/football/ColoradoCrush.GIF

Yes, it is an American thing.

orange2k
May 2nd, 2007, 04:41 PM
Dinamo Zagreb...

mills
May 2nd, 2007, 04:42 PM
Just cause we Americans have to be different. GO CRUSH! (http://www.coloradocrush.com/)

http://www.logoserver.com/football/ColoradoCrush.GIF

Yes, it is an American thing.

i like this page (http://www.coloradocrush.com/content/index.cfm?fuseaction=showContent&contentID=202&navID=209)

jjbean
May 2nd, 2007, 04:47 PM
i like this page (http://www.coloradocrush.com/content/index.cfm?fuseaction=showContent&contentID=202&navID=209)

Well the wife is home, so ummmm :-\" You should see them in person. ;)

proalan
May 2nd, 2007, 05:07 PM
Another Gooner here (thats arsenal for those puzzled)

been a dissappointing the last 3 seasons, but in Wenger we believe. I got a good feeling about the next season though.

ckaya
May 2nd, 2007, 06:01 PM
Galatasaray :)

hakimaki
June 3rd, 2007, 11:01 AM
Wiśla Kraków from Poland

jgrabham
June 3rd, 2007, 11:04 AM
I'm english, but it doesnt mean I have to watch 22 wusses fall over every 30 seconds, then when someone does get injured 50 people shout "cheat" at them.

(I do watch (ice) hockey (Newcastle vipers, pittsburgh penguins, edmonton oilers), cricket, rugby on occasion etc)

jgrabham
June 3rd, 2007, 11:06 AM
I support Manchester United because I am originally from Manchester, and lived quite close to Old Trafford.

I now live not that far from Charlton :-)

Thats a first, a man u from from Manchester :]

beercz
June 3rd, 2007, 01:28 PM
But not the last, I have family who still live there and they are all utd fans too :-)

Bachstelze
June 3rd, 2007, 01:40 PM
The club I support most are the Girondins de Bordeaux, 'cause it's my home town. Remember dear old Zinedine ? He played here for quite a while before moving to the Juve and becoming world famous :p

JC_510
June 3rd, 2007, 01:48 PM

Hahaha!! Most people in Manchester support Man City, Man U's biggest fan base is London lol.

As for me....
QPR!!!
(Tux also supports them :p )

jgrabham
June 3rd, 2007, 02:58 PM
The club I support most are the Girondins de Bordeaux, 'cause it's my home town. Remember dear old Zinedine ? He played here for quite a while before moving to the Juve and becoming world famous :p

You mean the guy who goes around headbutting unsuspecting Italians? :]