PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Compiz extra anamations in 11.04?

Ntgeorge
April 30th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Hello,
I am pretty new to Linux and Ubuntu, so please excuse me if I overlooked something obvious. I installed Ubuntu 10.10, and one of the things I loved most about it was the compiz effects. When I upgraded to 11.04, however, the package "Simple compiz settings manager" was uninstalled. I tried to go to the software center and reinstall it, but when I click install, I get this error:

"Package dependencies cannot be resolved

This error could be caused by required additional software packages which are missing or not installable. Furthermore there could be a conflict between software packages which are not allowed to be installed at the same time.

Details:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:

simple-ccsm:"

My question is: is there any way to install compiz simple settings manager on 11.04, and if not, is there any way to enable "extra anamations" without it?

(I am using Ubuntu classic, not unity)

Thanks in advance,
Nathan.

Copper Bezel
April 30th, 2011, 12:39 AM
You're installing the wrong package - you need compizconfig-settings-manager and compiz-fusion-plugins-extra. Everything works the same way it did. = ) If you really were using simple-ccsm before, you'll need to dig for the settings a bit, but you'll have many more options.

Ntgeorge
April 30th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Haha, wow. I feel like an idiot. All I had to do was check the animation add-ons box. sorry!

Copper Bezel
April 30th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Oh, I see. Yeah, that happens. = ) Just go ahead and mark the thread as solved, then (thread tools, upper right.)