PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to downgrade to 10.10? Never Update to 11.04!!!

gepolv
April 29th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Solution (credit to punkybouy (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=84274)):
When you get to the login screen at the bottom there is a box where you can select "Ubuntu Classic" and that will take you to a Gnome 2.3 desktop.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just updated to 11.04 which is soooooooooo disappointing!!!
It is like I am coming from multi-thread world back to single-thread world. Any in one workspace, you can only do one thing: either surfing internet or something else, but you cannot do both at the same time.

On 10.10, we can do multiple things simultaneously and we can switch between each other easily. Now the good feature of 10.10 is completely discarded.

never update!

If anyone knows how to downgrade to 10.10 , please let me know.

Blasphemist
April 29th, 2011, 11:26 PM
The downgrade is a reinstall. And I don't understand your other point. Of course you can do more than one thing in a workspace at the same time. Please see this for good information on using unity.

http://castrojo.tumblr.com/post/4795149014/the-power-users-guide-to-unity

punkybouy
April 29th, 2011, 11:28 PM
When you get to the login screen at the bottom there is a box where you can select "Ubuntu Classic" and that will take you to a Gnome 2.3 desktop. Put your user name and password in and the choose "Ubuntu Classic" and you should be good. The setting is sticky too so you shouldn't have to keep selecting that when you log in.

AlanR8
April 29th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Beans: 6

Hmm

gepolv
April 30th, 2011, 01:41 AM
When you get to the login screen at the bottom there is a box where you can select "Ubuntu Classic" and that will take you to a Gnome 2.3 desktop. Put your user name and password in and the choose "Ubuntu Classic" and you should be good. The setting is sticky too so you shouldn't have to keep selecting that when you log in.

You got my point, thanks. Everything now get back.

Palzon
May 13th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I upgrade from 10.04 to 11.04 and after booting up my wireless conection is gone. My PC also turns off suddenly! I realy need to get my previus ubuntu 10.04 back! But how?? ](*,)

Blasphemist
May 13th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I don't believe that the pc turning off suddenly will continue. I do my updates everyday, sometimes more than once a day. Yesterday something changed and I too had that happen a few times. It would happen while using Chromium with many tabs open. Since last evening it hasn't been happening. Coincidentally or not, Chromium updates happened about the same time that it quit.

I have been using natty for months now and this hasn't been a problem. My pc is often up for a week at a time without reboot. I think you should work on resolving your wireless issue and not downgrade. But if you must, to downgrade you must reinstall a previous version.