PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Black screen ubuntu 11.04 after reboot Samsung N120

alleseter86
April 29th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I've just installed Ubuntu 11.04 (update from 10.04) and encountered a problem. Immediately after startup, the screen turns black. I can tell it's booting from the sound it makes when it enters the user log in screen, though.

When I enter the Grub mode hutting ESC, it just gives me the option to enter setup mode of the bios, and I have no idea how to enter recovery mode of ubuntu. While I am using Ubuntu for some time, I have no experience with fixing these bugs.

Any ideas how to get around this??

MAFoElffen
April 29th, 2011, 10:58 PM
I've just installed Ubuntu 11.04 (update from 10.04) and encountered a problem. Immediately after startup, the screen turns black. I can tell it's booting from the sound it makes when it enters the user log in screen, though.

When I enter the Grub mode hutting ESC, it just gives me the option to enter setup mode of the bios, and I have no idea how to enter recovery mode of ubuntu. While I am using Ubuntu for some time, I have no experience with fixing these bugs.

Any ideas how to get around this??
Hit the shift key instead of <esc>... Please read this sticky to help with your problem:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1743535

Hope it helps.