PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade to 11.04, no CLI or system bar present

Andrew F in Australia
April 29th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Hi All,

Have upgraded today to 11.04, worked perfectly at first. Running a dual-boot system with windows 7

I started ccsm - went to change a couple of settings (desktop cube, etc...) and ccsm froze, the Ubuntu Unity sidebar turned into a series of black and white horizontal lines and, on reboot, the system bar disappeared. [term correct? the bar with system/applications/etc as menu options, as well as the time, internet status, battery status, power button, etc...]

I am lucky that I had the AWN navigator installed as an application, so I have firefox access only at the moment. ctrl-alt-delete to shutdown still works.

Have tried to browse for a terminal window through firefox /usr/... without success.

Any suggestions on how to return to original 11.04 setup?

Also, could someone tell me where the Terminal Window is located/named - I was going to try to re-run ccsm to reset original settings.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

yonkiman
April 30th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I just upgraded from 10.10 to 11.04 and have the same problem. My old Docky bar is at the bottom of the screen, so I can get a terminal, launch this browser, etc. - but I have no Unity interface!

sikander3786
April 30th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Please take a look at this page and post back if you've got some queries.

http://ubuntu4beginners.blogspot.com/2011/04/missing-top-and-side-panels-in-unity.html

Hope it helps.

Andrew F in Australia
June 4th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Brilliant.

Thank you for your help (sorry it took so long to reply.)

Cheers,

Andrew F