PDA

View Full Version : The Royal Wedding

forrestcupp
April 29th, 2011, 07:16 PM
What? Is there really no thread about the royal wedding?

I confess. I watched a little bit of it.

What are your thoughts?

_outlawed_
April 29th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I don't care.

beew
April 29th, 2011, 07:20 PM
They are just well dressed and rich welfare cases.

AlanR8
April 29th, 2011, 07:23 PM
It was an "event".

Apparently we do them rather well....

Spice Weasel
April 29th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I don't care.

They are just well dressed and rich welfare cases.

These posts summarise my opinion of this occasion.

TeoBigusGeekus
April 29th, 2011, 07:26 PM
God shave the queen.

kevCast
April 29th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I don't understand all the protocol. Why can't I give the Queen of England a pat on the back?

Fedz
April 29th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Yep got up early took the dog for a walk earlier then sat & watched the whole lot & was happy too :) Whoop! :)

arnab_das
April 29th, 2011, 07:32 PM
It was beautiful! The anachronism of it all was something which made it worth watching.

samalex
April 29th, 2011, 07:38 PM
I was thinking it wasn't until tonight (or tomorrow morning rather), so we missed most of it. What we did see as impressive.

aguafina
April 29th, 2011, 08:07 PM

There was, but mods locked it as they don't like me.

andymorton
April 29th, 2011, 08:09 PM
I couldn't care less. It boils down to man marries his girlfriend. So what!

aG93IGRvIGkgdWJ1bnR1Pw==
April 29th, 2011, 08:09 PM
I got a day off work to watch an Englishman get married, and I am absolutely furious about it!

:popcorn:

Megaptera
April 29th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Disappointed Charles didn't stop and talk to the trees!!

You can almost hear Vicars around the UK ..."No! You can't have freaking trees in my church!"

Quadunit404
April 29th, 2011, 08:13 PM
idc lol. I care more about me turning 18 (today, btw) than a British royal and someone I never heard of get married :lolflag:

I suppose I should care since I'm like 1/5 Scottish, but... naaaaaaaah.

KiwiNZ
April 29th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Discuss the event leave the politics out of the discussion.

Political post have been removed from this thread. ( "Discussions on religion and politics are not allowed, except for politics directly related to free and open source issues" )

Copper Bezel
April 29th, 2011, 08:15 PM
I'd be mad if I lived in England and my tax dollars went to that crap.
Divided out over the population, it's essentially nothing, and the royal family performs a PR function.

I'm in the US, so don't care, but I thought about celebrating the day by driving on the left side of the street.

Edit: Simultaneous post there, but was that political? I'm not certain what you're referring to.

markyb73
April 29th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Glad i didn't have to commute to London today. Instead i got to play with Natty while the girlfrend watched the wedding :D

_outlawed_
April 29th, 2011, 08:27 PM
These posts summarise my opinion of this occasion.

Pretty much, lol.

Thousands of people getting married each day, what makes this one so special? It's just over hyped and a waste of money which I am sure the tax payers are paying for in the end.

KiwiNZ
April 29th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Prince William asked that the New Zealand Government or peoples not give them Wedding Gifts but put monies to the Christchurch relief fund. He also made a large personal donation.

The Queen also made a large personal donation of several million dollars to the Christchurch relief fund.

Just thought you should mull over those bits of info.

Also the Prince is not a toy soldier, he has put and continues to put himself in harms way for his country. More food for thought.

_outlawed_
April 29th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Also the Prince is not a toy soldier, he has put and continues to put himself in harms way for his country. More food for thought.

Has he been to Iraq?

aguafina
April 29th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I'm in the US, so don't care, .

Dude you have it easy, I'm in England and still don't care but it's virtually impossible to get away from.

If the couple were down to earth then I may of gone easy on them but they are at the very top of the third biggest inequality ladder in the world, only the U.S and Brasil are worse offenders in that respect.

Luckily I have two dogs and surrounded by beautiful countrside with sunny skies,:D today we walked and ran for miles.

ratcheer
April 29th, 2011, 08:53 PM

I confess. I watched a little bit of it.

What are your thoughts?

I watched some of it, too. It was kind of interesting, but I can't say it will have an impact on my life.

Tim

speedwell68
April 29th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Has he been to Iraq?

William, no. He is an air sea rescue helicopter pilot. Prince Harry served on the frontline in Afghanistan, until an American journalist blew his cover. Prince Andrew flew helicopter exocet decoy in the Falklands war and Prince Philip served in the Royal Navy in WWII.

Artemis3
April 29th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Its such a waste.

speedwell68
April 29th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Its such a waste.

How so?

Naiki Muliaina
April 29th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Has he been to Iraq?

He put in requests to be posted in Iraq, but after Harry got outed by the media Harry got set home and William was told no.

Naiki Muliaina
April 29th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Dude you have it easy, I'm in England and still don't care but it's virtually impossible to get away from.

I have only heard about it when I turned the TV on to watch it. Watch less TV?

Soaps... Now theres something you cant get away from...

uRock
April 29th, 2011, 09:01 PM
I don't care.

+1 Just some people getting married.

Quadunit404
April 29th, 2011, 09:54 PM
+1 Just some people getting married.

Because it isn't like that happens EVERY day right?

Imagine the agony there would be if the media reported EVERY single marriage and shoved it in your face regardless of where you live :roll:

Swagman
April 29th, 2011, 10:09 PM
My cousins husband (Brendan O'Sullivan) flew the Lancaster Bomber in the B.O.B flypast

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/225/ubuntu182.jpg

(I'm Paul)

aphatak
April 29th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Royal WHO?

agnes
April 29th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I don't care about it myself, but I have no problem with all the support. It's nice to see a so many people of nation united in spontaneous (i.e. not-forced) joy and interest and (innocent) nationalism. This is just about celebrating (a) national icon(s).

The Dutch royal family, on the contrary... well I will shut up.

But I find it a bit strange that people are not interested in e.g. the Danish or Swedish royal family as much. Probably because those royal people don't possess English as their native language, but still.

WinterMadness
April 29th, 2011, 10:40 PM
irrelevant people that live on tax payer money.

akand074
April 29th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Why the UK still had a monarchy is beyond me.

Swagman
April 29th, 2011, 10:54 PM
lol

The "Great" bit left long ago for sunnier climes. Although I did feel a strange feeling of "Patriotism" watching it today.

Dunno why ?

Perhaps it's because William... and especially Harry are kewl dewds ?

I kept expecting Harry to emulate his role in the T- Mobile advert just for the devil in himsake

nattynarwhal
April 29th, 2011, 10:58 PM
lol

The "Great" bit left long ago for sunnier climes. Although I did feel a strange feeling of "Patriotism" watching it today.

Dunno why ?

Perhaps it's because William... and especially Harry are kewl dewds ?

I kept expecting Harry to emulate his role in the T- Mobile advert just for the devil in himsake

Would you mind parsing & re-formatting the last, rather odd sentence?

Swagman
April 29th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Would you mind parsing & re-formatting the last, rather odd sentence?

Easier for you to just click this youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kav0FEhtLug

btw.. Harry is a Party Animal... And I hope he never changes that fact

AlanR8
April 29th, 2011, 11:34 PM
all dog and pony shows in any country are much the same:

EXCUSE ME....pedigree and thoroughbred please....;)

You choose which is which!

ibrrfarr
April 29th, 2011, 11:39 PM
EXCUSE ME....pedigree and thoroughbred please....;)

You choose which is which!

I stand corrected M'Lord! :D

KiwiNZ
April 29th, 2011, 11:45 PM
More political posts have been removed. Any further political posts will incur infractions without further warnings.

Refer Code of Conduct...

"Politics and Religion: These two topics have caused serious problems in the past and are now forbidden topics in the forums. Please find another venue to exercise your freedom of speech on these topics."

AlanR8
April 29th, 2011, 11:50 PM
ibrrfarr

I stand corrected M'Lord!

That is an acceptable response!:D:D:D:D

ibrrfarr
April 29th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Prince William asked that the New Zealand Government or peoples not give them Wedding Gifts but put monies to the Christchurch relief fund. He also made a large personal donation.

The Queen also made a large personal donation of several million dollars to the Christchurch relief fund.

Just thought you should mull over those bits of info.

True Irony: A Mod can talk about war and tell us we should get all googly eyed and yet if anyone else comments they are banned, comments erased, etc.

I'm sure you'll delete this post as well, but the true test of a Mod is whether or not they can pass the same muster they dish out. Ban me if you will

uRock
April 30th, 2011, 12:03 AM
We've had to clean up this thread at least three times today.

Thread closed.