PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 11.04 - Problem with enabling Dual View (Option greyed out)

ben80
April 29th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Hello Guys,

I have installed Ubuntu 11.04, and I unfortunately can't get TwinView to work.

What's strange is that when I start the NVIDIA Xserver settings GUI, I can't select the "Twin View" option, it's basically greyed out.

I can select the Separate X screen option and it works fine, but I would like TwinView to work.

I tried to install the latest drivers directly on Nvidia's website, but unfortunately I can't start X again after installation (I needed to desinstall them)

Anybody had a similar issue, or an idea how to solve it?

My card is a Quadro FX580.

Thanks!

Cheers
Benoit

FunkyAndroid
July 4th, 2011, 05:31 AM
I'm having this same problem, were you able to fix it?

averybrooks
August 5th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Greetings,

Has anyone gotten a solution for this issue? I'm having the same problem, the old Nvidia driver finds both my monitors (I'm setup with 2 video cards, my plan is to have 3 monitors.) but the new driver doesn't find anything.

The old driver has Twinview greyed out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Avery

Hello Guys,

I have installed Ubuntu 11.04, and I unfortunately can't get TwinView to work.

What's strange is that when I start the NVIDIA Xserver settings GUI, I can't select the "Twin View" option, it's basically greyed out.

I can select the Separate X screen option and it works fine, but I would like TwinView to work.

I tried to install the latest drivers directly on Nvidia's website, but unfortunately I can't start X again after installation (I needed to desinstall them)

Anybody had a similar issue, or an idea how to solve it?

My card is a Quadro FX580.

Thanks!

Cheers
Benoit