PDA

View Full Version : Rage quit thread

RiceMonster
April 29th, 2011, 02:51 PM
So it seems like the cool thing to do right now is to claim you're leaving Ubuntu because of Unity. I want to be in the cool group, so I'm going to make a thread too.

Discuss.

Elfy
April 29th, 2011, 02:57 PM
You did.

_outlawed_
April 29th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I want to be a cool peoples too, so I'm going to hijack this thread for my own ragequit over Unity.

el_koraco
April 29th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I'm kwitting Unoobtu and installing LSF with Aero.

juancarlospaco
April 29th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Meh... old stuff

The same people say when:

Synaptic--->Software Center
KDE3--->KDE4
GTK1--->GTK2
Mosaic---> Other Browser
ArpaNet--->Internet
and so on...

Elfy
April 29th, 2011, 03:17 PM
If you ask me it all started with styli and clay - what was the matter with a bit of paint on your finger.

sydbat
April 29th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Posting in a RiceMonster Thread.

juancarlospaco
April 29th, 2011, 03:59 PM
http://goo.gl/ia1rG

3Miro
April 29th, 2011, 04:01 PM
http://goo.gl/ia1rg

_outlawed_
April 29th, 2011, 04:07 PM
http://goo.gl/ia1rG

I refuse to click short URL.

RiceMonster
April 29th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I refuse to click short URL.

Why post the real link when you can make it look sketchy with tinyurl or goo.gl?

juancarlospaco
April 29th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Why post the real link when you can make it look sketchy with tinyurl or goo.gl?

Because i can

_outlawed_
April 29th, 2011, 04:10 PM
why post the real link when you can make it look sketchy with tinyurl or goo.gl?

ಠ_ಠ

juancarlospaco
April 29th, 2011, 04:12 PM
ಠ_ಠ

^‿^

_outlawed_
April 29th, 2011, 04:16 PM
So far this thread has the following content:

Rage quit
Cool kid band wagon
Unity
+1 post / +post in a RiceMonster thread
A sketchy short URL with added 404 bonus
Old news
Disapproval
Internet memes.

RiceMonster
April 29th, 2011, 04:18 PM

Rage quit
Cool kid band wagon
Unity
Old news
Disapproval
Internet memes.

More at 11.

Rasa1111
April 29th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Yea I QUIT.
rather use windows than 11.04. lol :P :rolleyes:

uRock
April 29th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I always go against the flow, so I will keep screaming that I love Unity. Even though I really do like the interface.

matt_symes
April 29th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I am going to write my own OS by hand in assembler after soldering all the components to the board.

Must mine the silicon first though. :-k

MBybee
April 29th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Gnome 3 vs Unity vs KDE 4- it's a bad time for people who hate change :D

juancarlospaco
April 29th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Take care if you got a Network device named:

SomeCorporation ultrahypermegaexpressPROfastextendedsystemtronic 897894651/4564644Tx/231*5-4+Pi 100Mb/1000Mb

http://file.status.net/i/identica/juancarlospaco-20110421T235627-arwbbxz.jpeg

im quittting eth1
:)

mkendall
April 29th, 2011, 04:40 PM

Rage quit
Cool kid band wagon
Unity
Old news
Disapproval
Internet memes.

I approve this post.

TeoBigusGeekus
April 29th, 2011, 04:43 PM

...or shadyurl (http://www.shadyurl.com/).

juancarlospaco
April 29th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Software Center like Rating of This thread: ★★★✩✩

kostageas
April 29th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I was prepared to hate unity. I look at screenshots and listened to the horror stories people posted. Unity sucked horrible. But give it a try. I did, and I freaking LOVE it. I can see my productivity increasing a ton because of this.

Also, check out this wallpaper. Pretty damn useful. http://i.imgur.com/pf1y5.png

uRock
April 29th, 2011, 05:35 PM
I was prepared to hate unity. I look at screenshots and listened to the horror stories people posted. Unity sucked horrible. But give it a try. I did, and I freaking LOVE it. I can see my productivity increasing a ton because of this.

Also, check out this wallpaper. Pretty damn useful. http://i.imgur.com/pf1y5.png

It is typical for people to flip out when there are changes to the UI. Some people just don't like change, which is fine.:)

MBybee
April 29th, 2011, 05:35 PM

Glad you like it! For me it was the culmination of many irritating design choices (from font to color, icon sizing to left/right button swing) that just made Ubuntu standard less and less productive for me. Each version I would modify and tweak stuff to get it back (keeping what I liked, reverting what I didn't).

Right now Ubuntu Studio is the best of both - all the great stuff I love from 11.04, less of the stuff I don't (*purple*, empathy, evolution, weird menu/icon stuff, etc) - and the default install is probably 10x faster on the same exact machine. 11.04 unity constantly lags, the 'gray screen of death' happens every couple minutes, and since I have roughly 6 mounted devices, the Unity launcher is usually running into overflow.

Not really a rage quit moment, but certainly a "Hmm - going to give this a pass, try again in 11.10" moment.

pastalavista
April 29th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I don't mind "in with the new" except when it also means "out with the old".

Copper Bezel
April 29th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Technically, I'm not upgrading and I'm not using Unity, so do I get to join the rage? I'm only not upgrading because I don't want to run the risk of hardware problems, and I'm using AWN/DBX in a roughly Unity-style configuration, but I'm pretty sure I can work up a good hate-on for that immovable trash applet. Hoo boy, how it chafes my pancreas.

KDE3--->KDE4
GTK1--->GTK2
Mosaic---> Other Browser
ArpaNet--->Internet
and so on...

Bwah? In what sense did the Software Center ever replace Synaptic? The Software Center replaced Add/Remove, which had long ago replaced some functions of Synaptic.

im quittting eth1 :D
T'hee. = )

Dragonbite
April 29th, 2011, 06:17 PM
So it seems like the cool thing to do right now is to claim you're leaving Ubuntu because of Unity. I want to be in the cool group, so I'm going to make a thread too.

Discuss.

That's why I made my I'm so Sorry Ubuntu (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1738845) thread. :lolflag:

ctrlmd
April 29th, 2011, 06:52 PM
i think listening to people who left the distro is better way than laughing at them for leaving it for another distro

the problem isn't with them the problem with the distro it self

and its the same method why did people left vista and switched linux and apple
the problem was with vista not with people who left it

and they returned back to 7 when they saw something that actually attracted them to use it

see why did they left and try to fix it im sure when unity is ready they will return back. :-)

Legendary_Bibo
April 29th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Wait, are we supposed to upgrade? I was under the impression that if you didn't want to upgrade it you didn't have to. Welp, guess I better get on that upgrade...

RiceMonster
April 29th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Wait, are we supposed to upgrade? I was under the impression that if you didn't want to upgrade it you didn't have to. Welp, guess I better get on that upgrade...

Mark Shuttleworth will crash on your couch and leave his dirty socks on your coffee table if you don't upgrade.

_outlawed_
April 29th, 2011, 06:57 PM
the problem was with vista

Oddly enough, I never experienced any issues with Vista at all.

Legendary_Bibo
April 29th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Mark Shuttleworth will crash on your couch and leave his dirty socks on your coffee table if you don't upgrade.

What?! I'm the only one that can put my dirty socks on the coffee table! That bastard...

Legendary_Bibo
April 29th, 2011, 07:00 PM

I only had one problem with Vista, the black screen of death when it killed itself.

amauk
April 29th, 2011, 07:00 PM
see sig.

babai
April 29th, 2011, 07:02 PM
kde 4.0-4.2==****
kde 4.6==kicks ***
gnome 3.0==breaks, unpolished
gnome 3.???==will kick ***
unity 3.8.x==breaks, unpolished
unity @ 11.10==will kick ***

Legendary_Bibo
April 29th, 2011, 07:04 PM
see sig.

I ran it and Windows said "Command not found"

forrestcupp
April 29th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I'm QUITTING ARCH because they don't flippin' offer Unity!

You'd think a distro that claims to be cutting edge would offer a cutting edge WM like Unity.

uRock
April 29th, 2011, 07:10 PM

You'd think a distro that claims to be cutting edge would offer a cutting edge WM like Unity.

:lolflag:

TeoBigusGeekus
April 29th, 2011, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEKTSO1scaI

RiceMonster
April 29th, 2011, 07:13 PM

Ahaha.

_outlawed_
April 29th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I'm quitting Ubuntu because I hate Unity and it's too much of a complex task to take 5 seconds to logout and switch to Classic!

:popcorn:

Legendary_Bibo
April 29th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I'm actually considering going over to 11.04. I kind of like Unity, but I'll wait a couple of months so bugs can get worked out. I could use a new interface change just to keep things interesting. I might even go back to the default look.

Spice Weasel
April 29th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I kind of like Unity

You're obviously a ¢anonical $hill. Nobody likes Unity.

forrestcupp
April 29th, 2011, 07:20 PM
I could use a new interface change just to keep things interesting. I might even go back to the default look.

Lol at the contradiction. :)

Legendary_Bibo
April 29th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Lol at the contradiction. :)

I was referring to the default theme.

red_Marvin
April 29th, 2011, 07:44 PM

Well, why don't you create a PKGBUILD then... :p

Legendary_Bibo
April 29th, 2011, 07:48 PM
You're obviously a ¢anonical $hill. Nobody likes Unity.

I do. I should try out Gnome3 and compare the two though.

aG93IGRvIGkgdWJ1bnR1Pw==
April 29th, 2011, 07:52 PM
>implying you won't all be back the moment they open 11.10 testing

el_koraco
April 29th, 2011, 07:52 PM
but I'll wait a couple of months so bugs can get worked out.

that's like so yesterday

HoKaze
April 29th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I'm rage quitting the whole GUI scene, never did understand what the point was of these things that burn all my ram and cpu on my old i486. Going back to csh for a while, might try out that new bash thing I've been hearing about. :P

polardude1983
April 29th, 2011, 11:00 PM

First time I read WM I thought of "Waste Management" cutting edge Waste Management like Unity. But then I realized it was Window Manager :P

nattynarwhal
April 29th, 2011, 11:05 PM
I wish this entire thread was a figment of my semi-conscious mind...

:popcorn:

I'll now sit back and laugh, as many guys and gals step onto the stage, to perform their little "rage quit" acts. If you're bored of this thread, and want to refresh your laughter circuitry, you could always click...

http://trololololololololololo.com (http://trololololololololololo.com/)

aeronutt
April 29th, 2011, 11:07 PM
I don't mind Unity....but AM considering heading back to Windowz because of a host of other reasons (touchpad doesn't work right, graphics cards dont' work right, .... yes....Unity is SLOW when typing in the search)

But god...windows sucks worse.

Sorry to say I'll probably stay because Ubuntu is now a lesser evil, rather than what it used to be: a good choice.

jerenept
April 29th, 2011, 11:22 PM
<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fubuntuforums.org%2Fshow thread.php%3Ft%3D1743043&amp;send=true&amp;layout=standard &amp;width=450&amp;show_faces=true&amp;action=like&amp;colorscheme =light&amp;font=arial&amp;height=80" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:450px; height:80px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
Like this thread on Facebook!

Swagman
April 29th, 2011, 11:22 PM
I''l sit heree and git pitsshed woislt listnifg to traaacye uLlamnan- tHey dnot konw

Legendary_Bibo
April 29th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I''l sit heree and git pitsshed woislt listnifg to traaacye uLlamnan- tHey dnot konw

You're drunk good sir, now hand over the keys!

KiwiNZ
April 29th, 2011, 11:49 PM
I quit quitting , well in the meantime that is, because he who quits last, quits best.

juancarlospaco
April 30th, 2011, 01:29 AM
I quit IPv6, who remember those addresses like: 2001:0db8:85a3:08d3:1319:8a2e:0370:7334 instead of the nice 10.10.10.10

</sarcasm>

andrewabc
April 30th, 2011, 01:53 AM
Does new ubuntu still have pointless "are you sure you want to shutdown?" prompt when you want to shutdown etc?

Or do I still have to go into obscure gnome settings or type command into terminal to fix with every install?

_outlawed_
April 30th, 2011, 01:54 AM
I quit IPv6, who remember those addresses like: 2001:0db8:85a3:08d3:1319:8a2e:0370:7334 instead of the nice 10.10.10.10

</sarcasm>

Wrong rage quite thread sir, this is for rage quitters of Unity.

NCLI
April 30th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Does new ubuntu still have pointless "are you sure you want to shutdown?" prompt when you want to shutdown etc?

Or do I still have to go into obscure gnome settings or type command into terminal to fix with every install?
It has saved me from having to wait for my computer to reboot many times, so it is most definitely not useless.

uRock
April 30th, 2011, 01:57 AM

Why not just slap the space bar? The time you spend editing some file is probably longer than it takes to click the button or hit a key for three or four years worth of shutdowns.

When I hit the shutdown button, a window pops up, but it will automatically shut down after 60 seconds, so I have to do nothing.

_outlawed_
April 30th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Why not just slap the space bar? The time you spend editing some file is probably longer than it takes to click the button or hit a key for three or four years worth of shutdowns.

When I hit the shutdown button, a window pops up, but it will automatically shut down after 60 seconds, so I have to do nothing.

Also if I remember correctly, the Shutdown button is already selected so simply pressing Enter would do the shutdown.

Correct me if I am wrong, I don't really pay attention. lol

andrewabc
April 30th, 2011, 02:03 AM

Unless like on my nettop it says "program is not responding, shutdown anyway?" which happens about 1 every 10 times.
So I can't rely on 60sec shutdown timer.

Shouldn't have to force users to have to press spacebar. Not even windows 7 asks if I want to shutdown when I tell it to.

Sorry, but I havn't liked some of the decisions that have been made over the years. Gimp was prematurely removed (shotwell works well now, f-spot was crap). oh hey lets remove icons in the menus. How about we ship outdated firefox (with no simple install in synaptic to get newer version forcing people to use PPA or mozilla.org download), probably the most used program.

BrandonC19
April 30th, 2011, 02:03 AM
I am going to write my own OS by hand in assembler after soldering all the components to the board.

Must mine the silicon first though. :-k
Forget the assembler and silicone, just go the extra mile and build the cpu out of dna extracts and program it with a magnetized needle and a steady hand.

uRock
April 30th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Unless like on my nettop it says "program is not responding, shutdown anyway?" which happens about 1 every 10 times.
So I can't rely on 60sec shutdown timer.

Shouldn't have to force users to have to press spacebar. Not even windows 7 asks if I want to shutdown when I tell it to.
They aren't forcing anything? Most of us like that function. If you are having problems with a program preventing shut down, then you should fix it. After all, it does tell which program is needing to be forced. As mentioned above, that feature has prevented a few unwanted shutdowns.

Windows 7 doesn't do a lot of things it should do and it does a lot of things it shouldn't do, but those things are beyond the scope of the thread and the forums.

uRock
April 30th, 2011, 02:09 AM
Also if I remember correctly, the Shutdown button is already selected so simply pressing Enter would do the shutdown.

Correct me if I am wrong, I don't really pay attention. lol
Me neither. I had to click shutdown to see what it says. Glad I could stop it.;)

andrewabc
April 30th, 2011, 02:12 AM
After all, it does tell which program is needing to be forced. As mentioned above, that feature has prevented a few unwanted shutdowns.

Actually it says unknown program. :P
Not worth bug reporting, especially since on 10.10. I'll probably install lubuntu in future anyway since it would be faster than ubuntu on slow hardware (only used to browse web).

wojox
April 30th, 2011, 02:48 AM

Is that you who asked for the Overlay-Scrollbar request yesterday on Arch Forums. :P

I can't quit. I just got my Ubuntu bandanna, which I shall wear around my leg like Chachi from Happy Days. You know I'll definitely be accepted into the cool club then.

krapp
April 30th, 2011, 03:34 AM
I left. Does that make me cool?

Elfy
April 30th, 2011, 03:43 AM
I left. Does that make me cool?

Closed.

bodhi.zazen
April 30th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Thread re-opened after a polite request in the Res Center.

8)

odiseo77
April 30th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Actually, I'm eager to install 11.04, just to try out Unity and see what's the fuss about ;)

TeoBigusGeekus
April 30th, 2011, 05:48 PM

8)

Thanks Bodhi!!!

P1C0
April 30th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Unity ruined it for me. I decided to move away not only from Ubuntu, but Linux in general.

I switched to

http://masterdetijuana.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/win-98-millenium1.jpg

and enjoy some true stability.

Nyromith
April 30th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Stupid fanboys! Give them the interface of Windows 3.11 as something new and innovative and they'll say it's genius and revolutionary and that you just need to get used to it to discover its secrets. ](*,)

/rage

terrapin893
April 30th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I'm going back to BASIC

CraigPaleo
April 30th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Stupid fanboys! Give them the interface of Windows 3.11 as something new and innovative and they'll say it's genius and revolutionary and that you just need to get used to it to discover its secrets. ](*,)

/rage

Windows 1.0x was just so colorful!

http://www.winhistory.de/more/bilder/win101calc.gif

|{urse
April 30th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Wannabuntu's.. I'm going back to minix and writing all my utilities in masm and c. Have fun with your broken stuff.

Nyromith
April 30th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Windows 1.0x was just so colorful!

Well, it's the plan for 11.10. One step backwards at a time :)

techie81
April 30th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Honestly, there are a few issues with 11.04 but nothing to rage quit over.

Frogs Hair
April 30th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Meh... old stuff

KDE3--->KDE4
GTK1--->GTK2
Mosaic---> Other Browser
ArpaNet--->Internet
and so on...

Exactly !!

Megaptera
April 30th, 2011, 07:43 PM
...or shadyurl (http://www.shadyurl.com/).
I like that gadget! It changed http://www.shadyurl.com to
http://5z8.info/hack-outlook_a2e5wn_facebook-hack

... anyway back on topic ... Unity .... I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure.

juancarlospaco
April 30th, 2011, 07:44 PM
http://www.winhistory.de/more/bilder/win101calc.gif

ʘ_ʘ

wtf is that?
i do interfaces on Ncurses and are beautiful than that thing

Unity is fully usable with keyboard!, that is nice!,
remember look for an app into gnome2 menu with keyboard only with a lot of apps installed...?

CraigPaleo
April 30th, 2011, 08:43 PM
ʘ_ʘ

wtf is that?
i do interfaces on Ncurses and are beautiful than that thing

Unity is fully usable with keyboard!, that is nice!,
remember look for an app into gnome2 menu with keyboard only with a lot of apps installed...?

That's Windows 1.0x. Now that I think of it, Unity resembles Gnome 1. Just move the panel to the left.

http://www.visionfutur.com/img/histoire/gnome1-1.jpg

KiwiNZ
April 30th, 2011, 08:56 PM
All you quitters please quit quitting, quitting is for quitters and do you want to look like a quitter? so quit it.

Please

or quit

_outlawed_
April 30th, 2011, 09:19 PM

I quit...being a quitter.

CraigPaleo
April 30th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I didn't quit. I just started something else. :P

Quadunit404
April 30th, 2011, 09:56 PM

+1 Vista was an okay release, the only problem I had with it was when I got a virus that embedded itself in the kernel and made the PC running it very slow. It required a reinstall since removing it would require deleting ntoskrnl.exe (aka the kernel image) and obviously you can't do that without hosing your system. Compared to Windows Mistake Edition it's the best OS ever.

OP: I'm gonna hang on to Maverick for a little bit longer until something that attracts me to Natty arrives.

_outlawed_
April 30th, 2011, 10:16 PM
+1 Vista was an okay release, the only problem I had with it was when I got a virus that embedded itself in the kernel and made the PC running it very slow. It required a reinstall since removing it would require deleting ntoskrnl.exe (aka the kernel image) and obviously you can't do that without hosing your system. Compared to Windows Mistake Edition it's the best OS ever.

OP: I'm gonna hang on to Maverick for a little bit longer until something that attracts me to Natty arrives.

Windows 7 is the best OS made by Microsoft imo, if you probably haven't already seen. :P

Quadunit404
April 30th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I know that, I'm booted to Windows 7 right now because I'm probably gonna play some games later on today (I am disappointed about not being gifted Portal 2 for my birthday yesterday, but since I am getting more money on Monday I guess I can buy it for myself...)

ottosykora
April 30th, 2011, 10:33 PM
>It is typical for people to flip out when there are changes to the UI. Some people just don't like change, which is fine<

why have to be changes which do life to many people worse any good?

Dry Lips
April 30th, 2011, 11:19 PM
1. I'm not a quitter, nor do I feel any rage. I'm a Ubuntu noob,
who until march this year hadn't touched any OS except Windows,
Dos and OSX. Nobody can accuse me of resisting change, since I
have only used Ubuntu for a limited time. And yes, I really like Ubuntu.

2. I still don't like Unity. My opinion isn't based on any sentimental attachment
to old fashioned Gnome, but it seems Unity adds nothing substantial for
desktop use, but only make Ubuntu less snappier. This is why:

a) Coming from a Windows environment, I thought the concept of several
workspaces was a positive revolution. I normally have a lot of windows and
different apps open at the same time, workspaces was a productivity booster
for me compared to not having any workspaces. It gives you better overview.
The new workspaces tool in Unity, is a lot more cumbersome to use than simply
clicking on the workspaces at the bottom panel.

b) I need a bottom panel. Not having makes you loose control if you have many programs and documents open at once. Do I have to press alt-tab each time I want to check what programs and documents I have open?

c) Unity is not customizable. Classical Gnome gives you a lot to work with.
Again, Unity is definitively a step backwards.

d) If the purpose of Unity is to free horizontal space, this could easily have
been achieved simply by added a panel to the left instead of the one to the
top of the screen. And with two clicks I can do what it took months of developing
in order to achieve with Unity:
>Top & Bottom Panel[right click]>Properties>Autohide

3. I think quitting Ubuntu is the wrong response if you don't like Unity.
I use Ubuntu classic. What I will I do when 11.10 is launched I'm not sure of.
What will happen with Ubuntu Studio? And do you still have the option of
installing gnome3 in 11.10?

4. I have tried KDE and found it more aesthetically pleasing than old Gnome,
but the reason why I use Gnome instead of KDE, was that Gnome was simpler
and snappier. But I must admit if Ubuntu in 11.10 makes me choose between
Unity and KDE, I'll go for KDE. Gnome3??? I haven't tried it, but hey, Fedora 15
is out soon, so in a while I'll know if Gnome3 is any better.

5. What I liked about Unity. The dash is fun.

6. I suspect that the real purpose of Unity is to attempt to create a OS
specifically tailored for laptops/netbooks/tablet computers. The success
of android must have convinced some heads at Canonical that they have
the opportunity of taking marked shares from MS Windows in this marked.
You want proof? Enter http://www.ubuntu.com/ in your browser and see
for yourself. Now, what do you see?

slooksterpsv
April 30th, 2011, 11:32 PM
<RANT>
A lot of companies have had to make radical changes to get stuff working. Microsoft I guess really hasn't, same old start button at the bottom left, yeah boring.

If you want Gnome-like use Xubuntu or Lubuntu
If you want a better Unity use Gnome 3 (See HOWTO Gnome 3 thread)
If you want a Mac OS X look use Unity (Ubuntu)
If you want a Windows-like with bells and whistles use Kubuntu - even get the same speed as Windows Vista in some instances ;) Just kidding.

Change is inevitable. I hopped on the Gnome 3 wagon after seeing how it benefits me, Unity doesn't, it makes more of a cluster **** where I can't manage my gobs of windows I have open.

So b**** an complain all you want, you know you love it though. Worse comes to worse, go to Mint. It's still somewhat relative to Ubuntu, but heading in its own direction.

</RANT>

el_koraco
April 30th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Windows 7 is the best OS made by Microsoft imo, if you probably haven't already seen. :P

win 2k was better

NightwishFan
May 1st, 2011, 12:01 AM
Why isn't Unity packaged on Debian? I am leaving Debian for OpenSUSE/Fedora/Windows98

Random_Dude
May 1st, 2011, 12:01 AM
win 2k was better

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROPXT2Z1JqRcIJxkFbrGjTJaeHUDoGM Oo8TT5RyIneRHRj3LXGXQ&t=1

Legendary_Bibo
May 1st, 2011, 12:09 AM
I'm going to test out 11.04 on a LiveUSB then if everything works fine I'll upgrade, but I'm too lazy.

jerenept
May 1st, 2011, 12:49 AM
That's Windows 1.0x. Now that I think of it, Unity resembles Gnome 1. Just move the panel to the left.

http://www.visionfutur.com/img/histoire/gnome1-1.jpg

Gnome 2.3 is now officially overrated.
Gnome1 FTW! (also, Netscape)

NightwishFan
May 1st, 2011, 12:51 AM
Heck yeah! (That actually looks nice imo). Not quite that old but I think ill install Debian 3.1 with Gnome. It is Gnome 2, but it has a 2.4 kernel. :)

RoflHaxBbq
May 1st, 2011, 04:04 AM

Just add a launcher to whatever panel you want, and make it so when you click on it it will execute.

# shutdown -h now

RoflHaxBbq
May 1st, 2011, 04:05 AM
Sorry, Double post

Copper Bezel
May 1st, 2011, 04:49 AM
Erm, actually, that's a root command, so you'll need sudo shutdown -h now, and you'll need to make it not prompt for a password using visudo, so ... convenient is not that. = (

themarker0
May 1st, 2011, 04:54 AM
I'm quiting because Ubuntu doesn't work on my machine :p. I'm fine with unity, since i can switch it off.

wojox
May 1st, 2011, 04:55 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/picture.php?albumid=1546&pictureid=7729

NightwishFan
May 1st, 2011, 04:59 AM
Lol wojox. :) Or you can use:

xkill

fontis
May 1st, 2011, 05:23 AM
Meh... old stuff

KDE3--->KDE4
GTK1--->GTK2
Mosaic---> Other Browser
ArpaNet--->Internet
and so on...

LMAO, ArpaNet ---> Internet is the best ragequit evahhhhhh

slooksterpsv
May 1st, 2011, 08:12 AM
My Print Screen key in Ubuntu doesn't print my screen on the printer, I'm switching to Window ME where at least I'll stay cool cause of all the freezing it does.

Smilax
May 1st, 2011, 08:45 AM
if i don't get my ragealohol, i'm going be so mad.

Elfy
May 1st, 2011, 09:04 AM

8)

Thanks bodhi.

ajackson
May 1st, 2011, 09:10 AM

8)

This makes me so angry, I'm quitting.

Rachel_Eliason
May 1st, 2011, 09:56 AM
I already posted this another thread but I'll repeat myself this once:

Ubuntu user to Windows user: "In Linux we have rapid innovation, unlike your slow Windows world."

Ubuntu user to another Ubuntu user: "They are changing the GUI!? Why can't we just keep things the way they are??" :razz::razz::razz:

Tibuda
May 1st, 2011, 03:20 PM
My company is upgrading to Ubuntu 11.04. I quit my job! :popcorn: :lolflag:

Famicube64
May 1st, 2011, 03:39 PM
raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!!!!!!!!!

bodhi.zazen
May 1st, 2011, 03:55 PM
This makes me so angry, I'm quitting.

Hahahahaha !!!

whitefort
May 1st, 2011, 04:22 PM

Rage quit
Cool kid band wagon
Unity
Old news
Disapproval
Internet memes.

But wait! There's more!!!

CraigPaleo
May 1st, 2011, 04:34 PM
My company is upgrading to Ubuntu 11.04. I quit my job! :popcorn: :lolflag:

No don't! Wait till productivity falls, they go bankrupt, and lay you off. Then you can draw unemployment. ;)

Tibuda
May 1st, 2011, 05:36 PM
No don't! Wait till productivity falls, they go bankrupt, and lay you off. Then you can draw unemployment. ;)

good plan...

MountainX
May 1st, 2011, 05:39 PM
Gnome 3 vs Unity vs KDE 4- it's a bad time for people who hate change :D

Haha. Best post on this topic! :popcorn: