PDA

View Full Version : Viewing other partititions in new install

Cobaltx
April 29th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Heya, I'm new to the forums so I hope this is the correct place to post.

I recently installed Meerkat to set up a dual boot system with XP, but once I had completed the installation I could not see my 1 Tb D:/ drive in windows anymore. I have two HDD, C:/ for the OS and D:/ for data.

When I did the install I chose what I thought was the previously installed Karmic Koala space to install into, thinking this would suit.

But on reboot, I couldn't see the D:/ anymore and I don't get the boot loader option coming up so I can't access 10.10 either.

I have recovered the data off D:/ using 'recover my files' but I still can't 'see' the D:/ in windows.

I used Acronis Partition expert to see if I could see the D:/ and there are three partitions: 'Ext3' with a red flag icon, Ext3 and the Linus Swap space.

So, can someone pls advise me re what I should do next, cos I'm guessing I'll have to reformat the D:/ but don't know how to given that I cant access it from windows?

Also, to set up the dual boot system once I get this problem sorted, will it be ok to install 10.10 on the C:/ with XP or should I install it onto the D:/ once I get access to it again?

Thx guys,

Cobalt