PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Clock doesn't show on unity panel

leawning
April 29th, 2011, 05:06 AM
Hi, I have upgraded to ubuntu 11.04 yesterday, but i found that there isn't any clock show on the top right side of the unity panel. I would like it to appear on the panel. How can i fix that?

Thank you.

juliandidymos
April 29th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Same problems here. I could have sworn it was there on install, and then disappeared, I think, somewhere around the point where I changed my theme.

Clock and date both, gone.

leawning
May 2nd, 2011, 04:59 PM
Hi Julian, i found out that you need to install indicator-datetime from the software center, log-out and login again in order to have time and date shown on the top right corner. Enjoy. ^^

Frogs Hair
May 2nd, 2011, 06:55 PM
The clock applet was installed in Unity when I did a clean installation of 11.04 , but some who have done upgrades are missing the clock.

juliandidymos
May 2nd, 2011, 07:05 PM
Awesome; thanks. That did the trick :)

I think I just went terminal with it, though -- my other issue is that my Software Center is no longer installing 100% of the time. haha

If Ubuntu wasn't so awesome, I'd be complaining right now.

Anyway, I saw that post of yours (randomly), and saw the terminal code he ran, found out that mine wasn't installed and just ran:

sudo apt-get install indicator-datetime

LIke I said, did the trick ;) Maybe I'll get the hang of this, after all...

juliandidymos
May 2nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
And I didn't upgrade, but I did install from *within* Windows. But it was totally there when I first logged in the first few times, so unsure what happened. Possibly somewhere in installs and updates, maybe?

voiger
November 1st, 2011, 06:57 PM
You can simply press Alt+F2 and type 'unity --replace' and 'Enter' instead of log-out and log-in. Enjoy :)

clooch
April 6th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Thanks, that did the trick

wildmanne39
April 6th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Thread closed. Please do not post in old threads.