PDA

View Full Version : A new website I found - Hacker Typer

RJ12
April 29th, 2011, 12:24 AM
I found this new cool website that makes it look like you are a hacker, when you open it in your browser, you can choose to edit one of a few files (Including the Linux Kernel) and whenever you type in there, it will actually type the file! It's really cool to play with and you can even show it to your friends and make it look like you are working on something big!

http://www.hackertyper.net/

What do you guys think?

jroa
April 29th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Crap, utterly.

I can't see anything useful in this. Maybe you can, though. Although the text artwork is cool.

RJ12
April 29th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Crap, utterly.

I can't see anything useful in this. Maybe you can, though.

It's not really meant to be something "useful" just something to pass time maybe :)

pi3.1415926535...
April 29th, 2011, 12:35 AM
This seems to be something that might be amusing to have open on a library computer while someone is walking past.

RJ12
April 29th, 2011, 12:36 AM
This seems to be something that might be amusing to have open on a library computer while someone is walking past.

LOL! I can imagine the look on someones face if they was to do that :o

fdrake
April 29th, 2011, 12:50 AM

:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag:

this is just some effects and cool theme with javascript, no file is being edited in the actual server since javascript is only a client base script;

i suggest you hackthissite.org more interesting and they even give you links where you can actually learn something on security..

Old_Grey_Wolf
April 29th, 2011, 01:13 AM
I am an Engineering Manager. There is a common joke (may be some truth in it), that you get promoted to keep your hands off the computers.

I might be fun to see the reaction of the people working for me if they see that stuff scrolling on my screen while I am in reality just hitting random keys on the keyboard.

:lolflag:

I might scare them.

They might think, "WTF does he think he is doing" or "OMG, it will take weeks to clean up the mess he makes".

The problem with the website is that the backspace key doesn't work like it would in the real world. I've typed code or entered commands in a terminal for a long time. You make typing mistakes quite often, backspace, and continue typing. This script just sees the backspace key as another random key entry.

RJ12
April 29th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Lol!

pyrokey3
August 13th, 2012, 10:21 AM
http://hackertyper.net/base

i freaked some people out by typing on this one but i purposely clicked ALT and then told them i hacked into the PENTAGON because of the pop-up LOL:D

sffvba[e0rt
August 13th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Old thread is old.