PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nautilus crashes since update to Natty

atundel
April 28th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Hello everyone. Since I have updated last night from maverick to the latest beta of natty narwal, I'm having a lot of trouble getting Nautilus (desktop included) to work.

It seems to crash since the very start as when I turn off the computer, the message of "force exit" appears.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. :KS

deprieto
May 7th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Hi,

I've been through a lot of forums, inconclusive bug reports and still have the very same problem, without soultion. It seems to be that only a small minority is having this BIG problem, even in the stable version of Natty. Could that be possible?

As a workaround, in the meanwhile, I've been using Thunar, for there is no immediate hope for Nautilus.

:sad:

deprieto
May 8th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I've found a better solution, that actually makes Nautilus work, and make the computer feel a lot snappier. The solution involves getting rid off COMPLETELY of Ubuntu One.

Deleting configuration files, like rm -r ~./gnome, or reinstalling, didn't work.

An observation in top, revealed that the process ubuntuone-syncdaemon, which is used by Nautilus for all the Ubuntu One stuff, was taking more than 80% CPU usage.

I couldn't kill the process, so I went radical and decided to remove all of Ubuntu One, by typing in the terminal.

sudo apt-get purge ubuntuone-client
Suddenly, all of the windows I tried to open previously sprung open, and I could browse. The computer also felt faster after that, even faster than prior to the upgrade.

sebvogel
June 3rd, 2011, 05:20 PM
@deprieto: thank you for the solution - I just had the same problem and purging the ubuntu-one client did work perfectly for me!