PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Else Get Oddities After Upgrading?

Throne777
April 28th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Thankfully it wasn't anything major or particularly bothersome. Just a few little things.

When it upgraded it removed Shotwell, but never reinstalled it. Which is a tad bizarre given that Shotwell is supposed to be the default photo manager on 11.04. Instead the upgrade chose to leave me with no photo manager at all :p
Another quirk was that the 'Browse The Web' button was defaulted to Chromium, despite the fact that Firefox was my default browser and I hadn't used Chromium in quite a while. Weirdly, this fixed itself after about half an hour.

Hardly horror stories, but I was wondering if anyone else got things like this?

Thewhistlingwind
April 28th, 2011, 03:06 PM
When it upgraded it removed Shotwell, but never reinstalled it. Which is a tad bizarre given that Shotwell is supposed to be the default photo manager on 11.04. Instead the upgrade chose to leave me with no photo manager at all :p
Another quirk was that the 'Browse The Web' button was defaulted to Chromium, despite the fact that Firefox was my default browser and I hadn't used Chromium in quite a while. Weirdly, this fixed itself after about half an hour.

Removing shotwell IS an upgrade compared to no photo manager at all. (Same with the chromium thing.)

tordeu
May 4th, 2011, 02:14 AM
I just had the same problem with Shotwell. I had F-Spot installed as well, so in my dash it presented with with F-Spot to view my photos.
I wondered if there has been an odd last minute change, cause I had not heard of F-Spot being the standard application for photos again.

But then I saw that Shotwell was gone. And then I found your post and knew there are others. It has to be some kind of glitch. It's weird, but I just installed by hand now.

Up to this point, this is the only weird thing I noticed. But I only upgraded a couple of hours ago.