PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Galaxy Live Wallpaper 11.04 not working

nvisioncg
April 28th, 2011, 12:55 AM
I installed the Galaxy Live Wallpaper for Compiz that was created by ilap, can enable it, and press super + f4 but it does not turn on. No options show under Compiz>live wallpaper>galaxy live wallpaper. Has anyone been able to get the Galaxy Live wallpaper running in 11.04? I had to go into the compiz unity settings to disable the super key from activating the unity launcher shortcuts. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

otternox
April 29th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I can't even install it.

I can add the repo, but apt-get gives me a 404 error when I try to connect to it. (Following these instructions: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/10/animated-galaxy-desktop-wallpaper-for-ubuntu/)

bluefoot
May 1st, 2011, 09:03 PM
well, since I updated ubuntu from the alternative cd, galaxy live wallpaper was already installed for me. But the shortkey doesn't work anymore, and when I open its preferences (on CCSM), it shows nothing.

amihov
May 4th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I have the same problem i update to 11.04 from 9.04 hopping that will work but i had no idea that it only works on Ubuntu 10.10.
To bad now i have to find how to go back to the previous version.

bluefoot
May 4th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I have the same problem i update to 11.04 from 9.04 hopping that will work but i had no idea that it only works on Ubuntu 10.10.
To bad now i have to find how to go back to the previous version.

only because of that?