PDA

View Full Version : Gwibber.org available - Act fast

Johnsie
April 27th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I own gwibber.org and it is due to expire in 3 days. I have no intention of renewing the domain, so if anyone wants to protect it from going to the dogs then please get in touch and I can arrange a transfer. My host registrar is http://www.123-reg.co.uk and I will transfer it for free to anyone who wants it. If not the advertisers will get it. Normally I just let my unwanted domains expire but I thought I'd give the Ubuntu community first dibs on this one before it goes.

samalex
April 27th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I own gwibber.org and it is due to expire in 3 days. I have no intention of renewing the domain, so if anyone wants to protect it from going to the dogs then please get in touch and I can arrange a transfer. My host registrar is http://www.123-reg.co.uk and I will transfer it for free to anyone who wants it. If not the advertisers will get it. Normally I just let my unwanted domains expire but I thought I'd give the Ubuntu community first dibs on this one before it goes.

Why don't you contact the Gwibber.com folks and see if they want it. They will probably be glad to see you transfer it to them.

kostkon
April 27th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Why don't you contact the Gwibber.com folks and see if they want it. They will probably be glad to see you transfer it to them.
Good idea, since gwibber.com happens to point to the site of an FOSS application.

Johnsie
April 27th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Submitted it as a blueprint for the project. Their choice.

Lucradia
April 27th, 2011, 04:43 PM

Blueprints are not the best way to get a hold of them. Just like how blueprints of ubuntu things to do for the next version is hardly ever updated.

samalex
April 27th, 2011, 06:39 PM

Another option if you don't mind paying the domain fee for another year is to renew and redirect the site to gwibber.com. That way if they do opt to take it off your hands you can request that they reimburse you back the $15 or whatever it would be.

Eventually you'll get ahold of someone with Gwibber and I'm sure given they're an open source project they'd love to have gwibber.org, so just a matter of contacting the right person.

Unfortunately their WhoIs for Gwibber.com is private which I wish businesses and open projects wouldn't do that.