PDA

View Full Version : International space station pictures of earth

sdowney717
April 27th, 2011, 02:08 PM
http://www.cracktwo.com/2011/04/most-stunning-images-of-earth-ever.html

very pretty to see. I put on one for a background.

_outlawed_
April 27th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Really only one word to describe these pictures:

Beautiful.

It's rather sad to know that we humans are killing this beautiful planet.

drklunk
April 27th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Really good find, thanks for sharing!

Really only one word to describe these pictures:

Beautiful.

It's rather sad to know that we humans are killing this beautiful planet.
The only thing humans are killing are ourselves, this planet is more resilient than you think. If we get out of hand it flexes its muscles and takes a couple thousand of us out. Im sure we'll be long gone before we actually kill the planet

_outlawed_
April 27th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Really good find, thanks for sharing!

The only thing humans are killing are ourselves, this planet is more resilient than you think. If we get out of hand it flexes its muscles and takes a couple thousand of us out. Im sure we'll be long gone before we actually kill the planet

Have you noticed the amount of freakish and violent weather going on lately around the world? It's quite clear that the Earth is severely sick right now.

We are destroying the forests, we are polluting the water and the atmosphere. Our planet is having an extremely hard time fixing itself right now with us humans still here, and it is letting us know what (see the freakish/violent weather statement above).

And by kill, I didn't mean destroy it. By kill I meant kill it to the point where Earth can no longer support life.

And yes I agree, we are killing ourselves. We are an extremely violent and destructive species, and it's our nature to destroy ourselves and anything around us.

Dry Lips
April 27th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Those pics were truly amazing! Wow!

Here are a few more for those of you who likes space and astronomy:
http://www.eso.org/public/images/archive/top100/

drklunk
April 27th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Have you noticed the amount of freakish and violent weather going on lately around the world? It's quite clear that the Earth is severely sick right now.

We are destroying the forests, we are polluting the water and the atmosphere. Our planet is having an extremely hard time fixing itself right now with us humans still here, and it is letting us know what (see the freakish/violent weather statement above).

And by kill, I didn't mean destroy it. By kill I meant kill it to the point where Earth can no longer support life.

And yes I agree, we are killing ourselves. We are an extremely violent and destructive species, and it's our nature to destroy ourselves and anything around us.

I understand what youre saying and I agree for the most part, but it all happens naturally. Whether or not we are around there will be devastating earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes, all that. Only difference is we are here and suffer through it. Humanity as a whole acknowledges that but changes dont happen over night. We realize that if we dont clean up itll get a lot worse a lot faster, rather than just getting worse.

The earth is a living thing and will die regardless of our presence, just a matter of when and if we experience it. Bad whether doesnt come across as a concern to me, we're on the brink of global warming, a natural process that usually precedes an ice age. Just like it did before, just like the poles have switched before, just like mass extinctions happened before. However, unlike before, we are going through it rather than dinosaurs or early mammals.