Pages : [1] 2

alexan
April 27th, 2011, 01:58 PM
-1 day: let's do the countdown

http://www.ubuntu.com/countdown/banner1.png

-20 hours

Johnsie
April 27th, 2011, 02:05 PM
If you have installed the beta and done the updates then you probably already have 11.04. Speaking from experience, they don't generally release a tonne of new packages on release day.

However they will updated the website and have a new ISO for download... And users who have maverick will get the option to upgrade in their update manager. Unless anything has changed this time that's usually how they roll out the new versions.

user1397
April 27th, 2011, 02:09 PM
wow! for some reason i had it in my head that natty was coming out next week, this makes me happy :)

_outlawed_
April 27th, 2011, 02:12 PM
If you have installed the beta and done the updates then you probably already have 11.04. Speaking from experience, they don't generally release a tonne of new packages on release day.

However they will updated the website and have a new ISO for download... And users who have maverick will get the option to upgrade in their update manager. Unless anything has changed this time that's usually how they roll out the new versions.

I don't know how many people do this, but even though I have Beta2 installed I am going to wipe it out and install 11.04 release fresh and new. Yes I know I could do a dist-upgrade, but where is the fun in that? :D

AdvocateUK
April 27th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I have 11.04 Beta 2 installed and will do a dist-upgrade tomorrow to get 11.04 final. My only dilemma is whether or not to install Gnome 3 again. I'd been using Gnome 3 on 11.04 for a while and decided to reinstall to get Unity back and as soon as I did I missed Gnome 3.....go figure :s

OOH! My first post!

Johnsie
April 27th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Doing a fresh install is a good idea if that is an option. Sometimes breakage in the betas doesn't get repaired when doing an upgrade. Even upgrading from one release to another can cause breakage or there may be something that doesnt update fully.

For example, older versions of Ubuntu used the Ext3 filesytem. Later on ext4 became the default... But if you were upgrading from an older version with ext3 it wouldn't automatically give you ext4. You needed to either re-partition youir system or do a full re-install to get the ext4

Frogs Hair
I will be removing 10.10 and getting Windows ready for dual boot later . I won't try an upgrade ,there are to many horror stories and I don't want a mixture of two operating systems. Since we are all in different time zones I'm not sure what time the release will come .

_outlawed_
I have 11.04 Beta 2 installed and will do a dist-upgrade tomorrow to get 11.04 final. My only dilemma is whether or not to install Gnome 3 again. I'd been using Gnome 3 on 11.04 for a while and decided to reinstall to get Unity back and as soon as I did I missed Gnome 3.....go figure :s

OOH! My first post!

Epic first post! :P

And how is Gnome3? I was reading the Gnome blog about G3 support on Ubuntu, and saw a lot of problems with it mainly with applets and indicators.

Primefalcon
April 27th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Hell with waiting I am upating now!

NormanFLinux
April 27th, 2011, 02:55 PM
I wish this was a sticky, lol. Users should post their experience with the new version and with Unity.

Let the waiting begin! :popcorn:

3rdalbum
April 27th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I'm surprised people still wait. I don't wait - I've been using it on my netbook since the alphas, and on my desktop since the first beta.

While you're waiting... I'm actually USING it.

dh04000
April 27th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I'm surprised people still wait. I don't wait - I've been using it on my netbook since the alphas, and on my desktop since the first beta.

While you're waiting... I'm actually USING it.

Lol, me too. On my netbook. I dist-upgrade'd at beta 1.

Primefalcon
April 27th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Lol, me too. On my netbook. I dist-upgrade'd at beta 1.
My actually work is done on m home system so I need it fairly bug free So I wait till near release like now (dist upgrading now)

An Sanct
April 27th, 2011, 04:50 PM

Since we are all in different time zones I'm not sure what time the release will come .

I'm also interested in this, exactly WHEN is the release? ADT/GTM ???

NormanFLinux
April 27th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Judging by the release of Maverick Meerkat, it should be available on the Ubuntu servers about 11:00 AM EDT.

alexan
April 27th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Judging by the release of Maverick Meerkat, it should be available on the Ubuntu servers about 11:00 AM EDT.

So, about ~22 hours?

But I do remember that maverick Meerkat was hot-delayed few hours for a problem with the iso cd (problem booting on some configuration)

Swagman
April 27th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I think I'll wait a couple of weeks first then fresh install the 64 bit version (am currently on 32bit 10:10)

I have to say though that everytime I tried Natty on my USB stick I never once got that left sidebar dock

cariboo
April 27th, 2011, 06:55 PM
There really isn't a set time for release, the best thing to do is check the ubuntu-announce (https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-announce) mailing list, for the official release announcement, there will be many different sites saying Natty has been released, but they will usually have a link to the daily build for the 28th, and not the final release.

Docaltmed
April 27th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I jumped the gun, too. Even though this is my work computer. I waited until a week ago, and figured that most of the death-dealing, data-eating, soul-stealing bugs had been worked out, and I could handle the occasional window opening sideways on a second monitor that's turned off, and stuff like that.

I was surprised by how much I liked it. Waiting for the artists to start rolling out the eye candy, but Unity is great. In my opinion. Which is worth what you paid for it.

simpleblue
April 27th, 2011, 07:23 PM
For all those that cannot wait 21 hours I sympathise with you and offer the FULL VERSION of Ubuntu 11.04 for only:

$29.95*

* Product to be given upon receivement of payment (approx 2-3 days).

lancest
April 27th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Solid as a rock since beta 2.

No more updates, this is the release.

Quite happy with it's performance, Unity is great.

Just a few minor bugs to clean up.

Throne777
April 27th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Got bored of waiting and updated to 11.04. I guess because I updated rather than fresh install, some of the settings which should be default weren't, and some don't make a lot of sense.

Two quick issues.

1)I got rid of Rhythmbox, yet it's still appearing in the sound menu (except it just has a little cross next to it). How do I banish it from this menu?

2) The shortcuts menu is all wrong. It has Chromium as my 'choice' for 'Browse The Web' when Firefox is my default browser (so want 'browse the web' to open FF4, not Chromium). And the 'Listen to music' option opens Totem (or is it just called 'Movie player' now?). Anyway, I want it as Banshee. How do I change these?

Johnsie
April 28th, 2011, 12:29 AM
I just tried the Fedora 15 live cd and am comparing it to 11.04. Haven't had time to decide which one I prefer. I sure miss the 'Applications' menu on both and also the 'Places' menu.

Giraffemonster
April 28th, 2011, 12:34 AM
It's going to be ready by the time I come home from Track&Field.

Can't wait to try out Unity, or XFCE if I dislike it.

Frogs Hair
April 28th, 2011, 12:39 AM
10.10 is gone , Windows is prepared for dual boot . I want the final release because I let others use the cd and there may still be changes . I haven't used Win 7 for this long in a while.

thenickrulz
April 28th, 2011, 12:43 AM
How long till release now??

Ken UK
April 28th, 2011, 12:47 AM
When it says 28th April for which time zone is that in sync with :D

OpenOS
April 28th, 2011, 12:54 AM
what time will 11.04 be released in uk time im to impatient....

Frogs Hair
April 28th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Wait until it appears here . http://release-blog.ubuntu.com/

el_koraco
April 28th, 2011, 12:57 AM
fglrx is finally working for me. haleluyaaaaah

uRock
April 28th, 2011, 12:59 AM
When it says 28th April for which time zone is that in sync with :D

It is usually a day late here in the Pacific time zone.

robgraves
April 28th, 2011, 01:00 AM
this might sound like a stupid question, but what is the time of release for the official ubuntu 11.04 natty narwhal, i know it's tomorrow (april 28, 2011) but like it 8 pm here eastern standard time in new york, what time tomorrow, by what time zone, is the official 11.04 available?

Ken UK
April 28th, 2011, 01:04 AM
It is usually a day late here in the Pacific time zone.

Strange but good to know, can figure out when I'm going to set it going to download tomorrow :)

nerdopolis
April 28th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Wow... This means Ubuntu 7.04 was four (!!!) years ago...

back then you could not get on ubuntu.com it was so overloaded before the release, and the waiting thread then ended up with hundreds (I think) of posts...

scouser73
April 28th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Going by past releases, it's always been around 4pm UK time.

ki4jgt
April 28th, 2011, 01:33 AM
You can download it now, just get the daily build. NOTE: The software's not officially sanctioned as bug free until they release it though :-)

EDIT: or for better phrasing virtually glitch free

moiecoute
April 28th, 2011, 01:38 AM
this might sound like a stupid question, but what is the time of release for the official ubuntu 11.04 natty narwhal, i know it's tomorrow (april 28, 2011) but like it 8 pm here eastern standard time in new york, what time tomorrow, by what time zone, is the official 11.04 available?

What are you talking about. It is already the 28th here :p

NormanFLinux
April 28th, 2011, 01:45 AM
We'll see if Mark Shuttleworth's effort to attract newbies to Linux will pay off with Unity.

This thread is worthless without pics. :lol:

zenrox
April 28th, 2011, 01:57 AM
unity is nice but i liked xfce 4.8 better imho

Giraffemonster
April 28th, 2011, 01:58 AM
What are you talking about. It is already the 28th here :p

He's asking about when Natty will be released, in his timezone. Still 27th here though.

NormanFLinux
April 28th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Its just not Ubuntu: All the buntus will also be released tomorrow: Kubuntu and Xubuntu. Not sure about Lubuntu.

robgraves
April 28th, 2011, 01:59 AM
lol, yeah

Giraffemonster
April 28th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Referring to this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1740669

The OP was 12 hours ago, and says that it's going to be released 20 hours after that post. So I'm guessing that Natty gets released in eight hours. 5:00AM in my timezone.

Considering that it was 8PM in your timezone an hour ago, and it's 9PM for me right now, we probably have the same timezone. So yeah, 5:00AM.

MasterNetra
April 28th, 2011, 02:06 AM
lol Already on 11.04, won't be that big of a deal, just be a update thing for meh.

robgraves
April 28th, 2011, 02:23 AM
sweet, thanks

jerenept
April 28th, 2011, 02:37 AM
We'll see if Mark Shuttleworth's effort to attract newbies to Linux will pay off with Unity.

This thread is worthless without pics. :lol:

http://ompldr.org/tOGdjeA (http://ompldr.org/vOGdjeA/Screenshot.png)

P.S. click for full image

NormanFLinux
April 28th, 2011, 02:41 AM
I was kidding... but that's a beautiful desktop! The 10.10 desktop has no right click function. I take it its the 11.04 Beta 2 with all the updates?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dlXLC.png

thenickrulz
April 28th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Yeah the destop is a million times better than 10.10. I want to swich to 11.04 the second it comes out!!!
(maybe not the second but As soon as i can!):p

jerenept
April 28th, 2011, 02:45 AM
I was kidding... but that's a beautiful desktop! The 10.10 desktop has no right click function. I take it its the 11.04 Beta 2 with all the updates?

Yeah, using the Faenza-Darkest icons.
And, I edited the post to a smaller image :P

jordanv0712
April 28th, 2011, 02:47 AM
I'm soo tempted to download now xD
But I think the wait will be worth it when I come home tomorrow!

Keep posting pics!

mcknight0219
April 28th, 2011, 02:47 AM
You can download it now, just get the daily build. NOTE: The software's not officially sanctioned as bug free until they release it though :-)

EDIT: or for better phrasing virtually glitch free

Are there any huge differences between final release and beta 2 ?
I've used beta2 for a while and fear that upgrade could cause some
serious problems

NormanFLinux
April 28th, 2011, 02:48 AM
I love the Faenza icons. Although some people think they are too Fisher-Price like - dumbed down for children.

jerenept
April 28th, 2011, 02:49 AM
I love the Faenza icons. Although some people think they are too Fisher-Price like - dumbed down for children.

lol, Fisher-Price like.....
The default icons are kinda ugly imho.

StormcrowofRohan
April 28th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I can't wait, this will be my first upgrade using Linux! :)

How do you put up an avatar, by the way? lol

aguafina
April 28th, 2011, 03:02 AM
I won't be using disUnity, it does'nt like my spec,

3.17 GHZ Core2Duo
4 GB ram
8800 GT

When it goes from the Ubuntu screen to the desktop it goes to a black screen. then sometimes to the desktop. Something is telling me it's to do with compiz.

:DGnome 3 has no such problem.

3rdalbum
April 28th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Are there any huge differences between final release and beta 2 ?
I've used beta2 for a while and fear that upgrade could cause some
serious problems

Well no, it shouldn't cause any problems. The difference between beta 2 and the final release is only really a few packages; it's like doing a post-release-update in that there's not a lot of change.

To the OP: Get in now before the rush. Download Beta 2 or the latest daily build, and then run Update Manager to make sure it's fully up-to-date. The daily build should pretty much be the release version anyway, as I haven't had any updates for a few days and here it's now the 28th.

overdrank
April 28th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Threads merged :)

Giraffemonster
April 28th, 2011, 03:34 AM
sweet, thanks

Glad to have helped.:)

And does anyone know how long it took them to download the 11.04 update? Anyone know the file size of the packages downloaded too?

NormanFLinux
April 28th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Unity 2D should run fine on your desktop. It doesn't need Compiz.

jordanv0712
April 28th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Should I download now before the rush for the final version?

NormanFLinux
April 28th, 2011, 03:40 AM
Wait until the final version. The less you have to download in updates, the more you can enjoy running your new OS immediately.

sefs
April 28th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Wow, did not even know there was a new release coming out today/tomorrow? I have not been part of the rush to get the latest and greatest since 9.04 lol. Miss it! Have fun troops! ):P

NormanFLinux
April 28th, 2011, 03:54 AM
And to think people started flame wars here over Unity. Now every one wants to take a look at it! :lolflag:

Crash 0verride
April 28th, 2011, 04:02 AM
I am lazy I don't want to download the full ISO when it is released I might as well download the beta now and just update later its not like I am going to be drastically using files on it between now and the updates I just want to make sure its compatible with my Quad-Head and that my video card, sound and plugin's for my files are all in place, Just saying that I got a new TB HD installed in this computer for Separate HD Booting for my Windows 7 and Ubuntu I can mount and mess with files but they are individual so less likely something comprising is going to leak into another HD.

EminentSavage
April 28th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Anyone know the exact time Natty will be released?

3rdalbum
April 28th, 2011, 04:16 AM
I won't be using disUnity, it does'nt like my spec,

3.17 GHZ Core2Duo
4 GB ram
8800 GT

When it goes from the Ubuntu screen to the desktop it goes to a black screen. then sometimes to the desktop. Something is telling me it's to do with compiz.

:DGnome 3 has no such problem.

Try changing drivers - if you're using the proprietary driver then try the 3D Nouveau in Additional Drivers, or vice versa.

K9Crunch
April 28th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Bump

simpleblue
April 28th, 2011, 04:30 AM

If it's released at the same time as Ubuntu 10.10 was then it would be ready to download in about 9 hours, but I don't think that there is an official time.

3rdalbum
April 28th, 2011, 04:31 AM

When they're sure that there are no critical showstopping bugs, and the final CD image has been sent successfully to the official mirrors, and the torrent has been started, and the release notes are in-place on the server, and the additions to the website to announce Ubuntu 11.04 are uploaded... that's when Natty will be released.

The process of uploading to the mirrors takes a variable amount of time depending on a lot of factors. There's no set time; when the servers are ready to get this additional load and there's a Download link on the main website, then it'll all be put into motion.

That's why I've been suggesting to get the beta or daily build NOW before the rush.

aaaantoine
April 28th, 2011, 04:40 AM
When they're sure that there are no critical showstopping bugs, and the final CD image has been sent successfully to the official mirrors, and the torrent has been started, and the release notes are in-place on the server, and the additions to the website to announce Ubuntu 11.04 are uploaded... that's when Natty will be released.

The process of uploading to the mirrors takes a variable amount of time depending on a lot of factors. There's no set time; when the servers are ready to get this additional load and there's a Download link on the main website, then it'll all be put into motion.

That's why I've been suggesting to get the beta or daily build NOW before the rush.

On the contrary, the process you describe above is why people should wait until AFTER the rush to upgrade.

Of course, though I suggest this, I upgraded Monday night on account of impatience. :oops: Though, save for a configuration issue with VirtualBox, my upgrade process went rather smoothly.

tabibito
April 28th, 2011, 05:02 AM
I wonder why there is no countdown banner on the main site this time... Almost all previous releases had it...

rez4
April 28th, 2011, 05:13 AM
i was going to wait until the release, but got impatient a week ago and installed beta 2...

so far so good, only a few minor annoyances... i think the "applications" and "files and folders" launchers on the launcher are annoying and unnecessary, and i don't like the hiding menus. other than that, i am a fan of unity and i look forward to watching its continued evolution.

(...even though i think i prefer thunderbird.)

EminentSavage
April 28th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Wish they would hurry up and release it :D

Brewtal
April 28th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Last night I broke down and setup a VM of 11.04 Beta 2.

I have to say I'm genuinely impressed with Unity, and I think what Shuttleworth and co. are doing is extremely cool.

That being said Unity is a rock solid DE for netbooks and touchscreens, as well as casual users. I don't think anyone should even give this a second thought. However, for power users like myself this release does give me some pause for my "Desktop."

Specifically many menu's and functionality that were previously easily accessible, now require some additional work. While it's honestly not that much more, I do think some additional development will be needed to further hone the GUI just a little bit more.

But it sure is pretty, and I can't wait for the official release today to play around with.

Sonicrulz12
April 28th, 2011, 05:40 AM
i hope unity gets some themes like omgubuntu's theme for unity

mamamia88
April 28th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Might switch my netbook over from debian testing but for the first time in my life i'm happy with windows on my main computer

Sonicrulz12
April 28th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Ubuntu Certainly has changed over the past 7 years or so:popcorn:

NormanFLinux
April 28th, 2011, 06:22 AM
A review from the UK only said the love handles feature didn't work for now... "love handles" on Ubuntu?

Yeah, right! :lolflag:

weasel fierce
April 28th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Upgraded to Kubuntu 11.04 the other night. Works great though rekonq bugs out on flash video a LOT.

wolfen69
April 28th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Are we there yet? Actually, I've been using it for a couple weeks now and think it's pretty good. But I'm using Gnome3. I'll have to install Unity on a separate drive or Vbox just so I know it and can help others.

wolfen69
April 28th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Upgraded to Kubuntu 11.04 the other night. Works great though rekonq bugs out on flash video a LOT.

Why would you use it for flash content then? I use all 3 big browsers depending on the sites I plan on visiting.

Hedgehog1
April 28th, 2011, 08:10 AM
More teaser Pictures of the 3 UIs in Natty: Natty Info: Your UI options (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1741293)

The Hedge

:KS

taavi
April 28th, 2011, 08:15 AM
More teaser Pictures of the 3 UIs in Natty: Natty Info: Your UI options (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1741293)

The Hedge

:KS

Nice overview.

Any official news about pure Gnome 3 in 11.04? Or should I push for Fedora for Gnome love?

NormanFLinux
April 28th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Actually there are FOUR UIs: for computers that can't run Unity 3D, Unity 2D can be installed from the PPA so you are not missing out on Ubuntu's new UI!

wolfen69
April 28th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Nice overview.

Any official news about pure Gnome 3 in 11.04? Or should I push for Fedora for Gnome love?

Umm, you can do a command line install and do whatever you want. Just because ubuntu doesn't ship with gnome 3 doesn't mean you can't run it. ):P

I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of "what about gnome 3?" type threads. As if ubuntu doesn't have the ability to run G3. Pffffft.

taavi
April 28th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Obvious.

Ikthel
April 28th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Ctrl+R
Ctrl+R
Ctrl+R
Ctrl+R.......Why isnt this helping the final build show up faster???](*,)

DAM YOU "Coming soon" Banner >:O stop taunting me!

mpranav007
April 28th, 2011, 08:29 AM
can anyone tell me at what time will natty be released today..

NormanFLinux
April 28th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Patience... they'll do the striptease first and then they'll roll up the curtain! :grin:

NormanFLinux
April 28th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Mark Shuttleworth knows and he ain't telling! :confused: :lolflag:

yetiman64
April 28th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Patience... they'll do the striptease first and then they'll roll up the curtain! :grin:

:lol: !!! Don't worry I'm impatient too ! Can't wait to fire up Transmission for both the 32 and 64 bit versions I need. Will be uploading at at least 5:1 for these, compared to 1:1 for most other torrents I get. Gotta make sure as many as possible can get it :D.

wolfen69
April 28th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Yawn, it's bed time. I'm already running 11.04, so good night everyone. Oh btw, remember to get your iso via torrent if possible and SEED!

mpranav007
April 28th, 2011, 08:51 AM
dont anyone here know the time?? if yes, please tell me..i am eagerly waiting for natty for the past 2 months

TefoZi
April 28th, 2011, 08:53 AM
wolfen69 where did you get 11.04?

Ikthel
April 28th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Im going to take a cold shower....the waits unbearable :lolflag:

Ikthel
April 28th, 2011, 08:54 AM
wolfen69 where did you get 11.04?

I'm sure he's talking about a Beta

wolfen69
Will be uploading at at least 5:1 for these, compared to 1:1 for most other torrents I get. Gotta make sure as many as possible can get it :D.

I've uploaded over 300 copies of 10.10 ):P

My computer uploads iso's 24/7. I always have 2 versions of ubuntu uploading, plus 2 or 3 others. I have unlimited bandwidth, so why not?

An Sanct
I've asked this in #14 (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10727030&postcount=14) and in #15 (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10727030&postcount=15), I was told it is going to be today, 11 AM EST (4 PM GMT)

PS. ... I should note, that this is in no way official information ...

An Sanct
April 28th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I'm sure he's talking about a Beta
You can get the beta ... but you should wait for the official release, since it is today ...

NormanFLinux
April 28th, 2011, 08:55 AM
wolfen69 is running the last beta... he's pulling our legs! ;-) :lolflag:

wolfen69
April 28th, 2011, 08:59 AM
wolfen69 is running the last beta... he's pulling our legs! ;-) :lolflag:

No, I'm not. Everyone that is running 11.04 (beta) updated, already has the final version. Nothing magical happens when it's officially released.

edit: yeah, my sarcasm detector was off. I'm tired.

mpranav007
April 28th, 2011, 09:00 AM
please tell the time wen it will be released??

yetiman64
April 28th, 2011, 09:00 AM
dont anyone here know the time?? if yes, please tell me..i am eagerly waiting for natty for the past 2 months

Sorry, don't know the exact time of release, going by past releases it could be another 8-10 hours yet. The release usually pops up at 2-4 am the day after advertised here (my local time- I would expect to see it early on the 29th April, being in Australia).

As soon as iso images are posted to a server, someone usually posts the news in a thread like this one. Keep an eye out here.

I've uploaded over 300 copies of 10.10 ):P

Excellent work there wolfen69 :)

aruntejay
April 28th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Anyway what'll be the release time for India ?!
It's mid-day over here and temp is 34 degrees...!!
Unable to sit on a god-damn chair...!!

mpranav007
April 28th, 2011, 09:18 AM
i guess it will be around 9.30 pm in india..me too waiting for it dude!!

M1KKE
April 28th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Anyway what'll be the release time for India ?!
It's mid-day over here and temp is 34 degrees...!!
Unable to sit on a god-damn chair...!!

Here in sweden we don't have it quite so warm but damn, I really want the dist to come online now :)
It´s a petty that we can't get the time when it will be released! :D

aruntejay
April 28th, 2011, 09:20 AM
i guess it will be around 9.30 pm in india..me too waiting for it dude!!
Than I better take a nap !!):P
Thank you !!

MARP1961
April 28th, 2011, 09:30 AM
How is an updated Beta 2 any different from the final release?

nothingspecial
April 28th, 2011, 09:32 AM
It's not

An Sanct
April 28th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I would say it is the same ...

- BUT -

The official release comes in a nice ISO package :) and I personally am waiting for that, so I can put it on a Live CD/USB, my VM etc ....

johnconnor
April 28th, 2011, 09:36 AM
http://releases.ubuntu.com/natty/ is behaving weirdly, sometimes reading 'beta 2', sometimes not… It’s coming!!!

MARP1961
April 28th, 2011, 09:45 AM
No it's not,I've just checked. Honestly, why don't we all go and do something else for a few hours? Perhaps we should ponder on the future prospects for those with older desktop pcs that have no 3D graphics. I thought Gnome 3 sounded an interesting alternative; but tried it on Virtual Box only to be nagged again about my pc lacking 3d capabilities. Will 10.04 be the last Ubuntu I can run?

alexan
April 28th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Here's a simple question:
how you may consider "ethical" such script:

http://www.twistedlogic.co.cc/2011/04/25/ubuntu-11-04-natty-narwhal-your-contribution/

#!/bin/bash

DOWNLOADED="N"
while [ $DOWNLOADED = "N" ]; do
if
wget http://releases.ubuntu.com/natty/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent
then
DOWNLOADED="Y"
else
DOWNLOADED="N"
sleep 300
fi
done
rtorrent ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent
Basicallty check every 300 seconds if the file ubuntu 11.04 does exist.. then deliver it to the torrent.
Only for those who plan to seed or just for everyone?

M1KKE
April 28th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Wonder, I have a laptop with core i5 and 4gb ram, should I pick the 64 or 32 bit version?

An Sanct
April 28th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Here's a simple question:
how you may consider "ethical" such script:

http://www.twistedlogic.co.cc/2011/04/25/ubuntu-11-04-natty-narwhal-your-contribution/

#!/bin/bash

DOWNLOADED="N"
while [ $DOWNLOADED = "N" ]; do
if
wget http://releases.ubuntu.com/natty/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent
then
DOWNLOADED="Y"
else
DOWNLOADED="N"
sleep 300
fi
done
rtorrent ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrentBasicallty check every 300 seconds if the file ubuntu 11.04 does exist.. then deliver it to the torrent.
Only for those who plan to seed or just for everyone?

Great script :) I personally will seed as much as I can (altho I slightly dislike unity...)

swissinvestor
April 28th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Shouldn't the daily be closest to the final, if it's not the final?

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/20110427/

An Sanct
April 28th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Wonder, I have a laptop with core i5 and 4gb ram, should I pick the 64 or 32 bit version?
I also have an i5...

i5 is 64bit ... go for 64bit ...

M1KKE
April 28th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Ok, I will probably have alot of problems with my GPU (running Intel & Radeon Switcheroo..) - Had alot of problems with 10.10.. Have an Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820TG

We will see, have to buy a laptop that runs Ubuntu well instead :)

Iksf
April 28th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Dunno why ubuntu say 32 bit is the right choice for most computers, just not true anymore

ubun2warrior
April 28th, 2011, 10:00 AM
i downloaded beta 1 and it did not have unity !! it was running gnome.

MastCrasher
April 28th, 2011, 10:03 AM
What's this?

ftp://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/ubuntu/releases/.pool

NormanFLinux
April 28th, 2011, 10:05 AM
It depends on your graphics card. If your graphics card does not have 3D acceleration, Ubuntu will default to the GNOME Classic Desktop.

If the card is present, you will be booted into Unity.

If you don't have the appropriate graphics card; don't fear - Unity 2D is available from the PPA.

abcuser
April 28th, 2011, 10:08 AM
i downloaded beta 1 and it did not have unity !! it was running gnome.
Install program tries to detect if your graphic card supports 3D rendering that is required by Unity. If it does not detect such graphic it installs "Gnome classic" by default. In this way if you would like to have Unity 2D (because you can't have Unity 3D) then you can install Unity 2D from PPA, for example: http://www.ubuntugeek.com/install-ubuntu-unity-2d-using-ppa-in-ubuntu-11-0410-10.html

taavi
April 28th, 2011, 10:10 AM
What's this?

ftp://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/ubuntu/releases/.pool

ubuntu-11.04-desktop-amd64.iso (Y) strange mirror tho

abcuser
April 28th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Dunno why ubuntu say 32 bit is the right choice for most computers, just not true anymore
If you don't know which version you should install 32-bit or 64-bit then you just install 32-bit and it will work.

I still think a lot if not most of the computers are still using 32-bit systems. Sure if you are having a new computer you are having 64-bit computer, but I have Ubuntu on some 10-years old computer and running without a problem.

If you are technical enough and know that you computer is 64-bit you are safe to install 64-bit. There is no need for non-geeks to download 64-bit and install on old hardware and having problems.

An Sanct
April 28th, 2011, 10:12 AM

32 runs on every machine, 64 doesn't ... Its for the people, that are not sure (don't know), to make sure the OS runs.

IMHO, if they don't know, if their machine is 32 or 64bit, it doesn't matter to them what the OS is, it matters that it runs.

didgest
April 28th, 2011, 10:13 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/moz-icon://.iso?size=16 (ftp://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/ubuntu/releases/.pool/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-amd64.iso)http://ubuntuforums.org/moz-icon://.iso?size=16ubuntu-11.04-desktop-amd64.iso (ftp://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/ubuntu/releases/.pool/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-amd64.iso) 714954 KB 27/04/2011 5:05:00 PM

Jealous much?

taavi
April 28th, 2011, 10:14 AM
What pages are you refreshing?

http://releases.ubuntu.com/natty/
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2011-April/thread.html

An Sanct
April 28th, 2011, 10:17 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/moz-icon://.iso?size=16 (ftp://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/ubuntu/releases/.pool/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-amd64.iso)http://ubuntuforums.org/moz-icon://.iso?size=16ubuntu-11.04-desktop-amd64.iso (ftp://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/ubuntu/releases/.pool/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-amd64.iso) 714954 KB 27/04/2011 5:05:00 PM

Jealous much?

Where did you get that from ???? :)

Have you also got the torrent?

M1KKE
April 28th, 2011, 10:18 AM

Jealous much?

Is that Final???

Syotos
April 28th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I am awake since last night waiting for this release, I can't sleep, what time is this gonna come out? I'm in Canada. :popcorn:

el_koraco
April 28th, 2011, 10:20 AM
32 runs on every machine, 64 doesn't ... Its for the people, that are not sure (don't know), to make sure the OS runs.

IMHO, if they don't know, if their machine is 32 or 64bit, it doesn't matter to them what the OS is, it matters that it runs.

Jesus Christ, the man has an i5 processor, and 4 GB of ram. Downloading the 32 bit version would be like driving a Ferrari at 50 mph on a German highway, because that's for most people.

didgest
April 28th, 2011, 10:21 AM
http://releases.ubuntu.com/natty/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent

It wasn't that hard to find...

Ultra Magnus
April 28th, 2011, 10:21 AM

Jealous much?

I'm tempted to try downloading this since I'm just sitting here refreshing web pages, but how can it appear on a mirror before the ubuntu website?

utkatt
April 28th, 2011, 10:22 AM
waiting

An Sanct
April 28th, 2011, 10:22 AM

Nay, this link is not working ....

Ultra Magnus
April 28th, 2011, 10:23 AM

Well that link doesn't work

Syotos
April 28th, 2011, 10:23 AM
In the last 5 hours and 23 minutes I refreshed Ubuntu.Com more than 9 Billion times. more like 1104 billion times, I can't take it any more, COME OUT ALREADY !!!!!

alexan
April 28th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Canonical release first the file on some special mirror which were supposed to help mirroring to other places. Using the bandwidth of those website it will slow the process.

An Sanct
April 28th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Jesus Christ, the man has an i5 processor, and 4 GB of ram. Downloading the 32 bit version would be like driving a Ferrari at 50 mph on a German highway, because that's for most people.

Yes, i5 is fitted with 64b support and is supposed to utilize it (so: "go for 64bit" again)

M1KKE
April 28th, 2011, 10:25 AM
WOOHOOO! It's online!! :)

M1KKE
April 28th, 2011, 10:26 AM
WOOHOOO! It's online!! :)
15mb of 698mb, yeaaah! :popcorn:

Ultra Magnus
April 28th, 2011, 10:27 AM
ubuntu-11.04-desktop-amd64.iso does actually seem to appear on http://releases.ubuntu.com/natty/

alexan
The previous scipt got the torrent... but looks like I am not authorized to download ç_ç

coru-mx
15mb of 698mb, yeaaah! :popcorn:

Where??

An Sanct
yes, http://releases.ubuntu.com/natty/ is listing the ISO file too here (http://releases.ubuntu.com/natty/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-amd64.iso), but not the torrent, I would like the torrent.

PS. the official one, I know I can make my own, but the official would be great...

utkatt
April 28th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I don't see it released on ubuntu.com, and I'm going to wait for the update on the website

utkatt
April 28th, 2011, 10:29 AM
and yes, torrent is my way too

NormanFLinux
April 28th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Its the final beta so for all practical intents and purposes, its the final build. ;)

An Sanct
April 28th, 2011, 10:30 AM
YAY :))))) the countdown graphic says "It is here!"

edit ... now, it says 'coming soon' :) but no more countdown ...

An Sanct
April 28th, 2011, 10:32 AM
torrent link (http://releases.ubuntu.com/natty/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent) ... its ready!

M1KKE
April 28th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Woohoo! Happy installing everyone!

yetiman64
April 28th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Woohoo! Happy installing everyone!

Just pulled down the 2 (32 and 64 bit desktop) torrent files from there. "Not authorized for use with this tracker" error given by transmission. Patience may still be required for a while.

Syotos
April 28th, 2011, 10:36 AM
torrent link (http://releases.ubuntu.com/natty/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent) ... its ready!

Thanks!!!
Buttt, gonna wait for the official!

I WANT TO SEE THE LOGO CHANGES TO IT'S HERE !!!!!
AND I WILL CLICK THE ***** OUT OF IT !!!

didgest
April 28th, 2011, 10:37 AM
698 of 698 !!!

MeanEYE
April 28th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Poor servers! ;)

utkatt
April 28th, 2011, 10:38 AM
too many invalid links, I'm waiting for the original release, on the ubuntu website

Syotos
April 28th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Poor servers! ;)

LOL, so true!

chuck_hannok
April 28th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Release notes in the Update Manager says it's still beta....

An Sanct
April 28th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks!!!
Buttt, gonna wait for the official!

I WANT TO SEE THE LOGO CHANGES TO IT'S HERE !!!!!
AND I WILL CLICK THE ***** OUT OF IT !!!

That is the official from this location (http://releases.ubuntu.com/natty/) (releases.ubuntu.com) so go ahead :)

Torrent says "not authorized", but still downloads :) I'm at cca 5% now ...

bizzy
April 28th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Surprisingly my 10.10 torrents are still in heavy demand ...

NormanFLinux
April 28th, 2011, 10:42 AM
I'm downloading the final day beta refresh here...

MeanEYE
April 28th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Surprisingly my 10.10 torrents are still in heavy demand ...

Maybe 11.04 sucks so they want back. :)

alexan
April 28th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Poor servers! ;)

They look pretty fine to me :3

chuck_hannok
April 28th, 2011, 10:43 AM
It's coming, refresh, it's coming, refresh, it's coming, refresh, it's coming, refresh, it's coming, refresh....

el_koraco
April 28th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Been with it for a while now, but seeding.

coru-mx
That is the official from this location (http://releases.ubuntu.com/natty/) (releases.ubuntu.com) so go ahead :)

Torrent says "not authorized", but still downloads :) I'm at cca 5% now ...

Oh Yeah!! Downloading ;)

taavi
Torrent says "not authorized", but still downloads :) I'm at cca 5% now ...Same here...

utkatt
April 28th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I went through that torrent link, and it says beta :(

chuck_hannok
April 28th, 2011, 10:58 AM
the agony...

bizzy
April 28th, 2011, 10:58 AM
There must be an agreed time to release all mirrors concurrently. UTC 12:00 (like 2 mins time?)

bizzy
April 28th, 2011, 11:01 AM
There must be an agreed time to release all mirrors concurrently. UTC 12:00 (like 2 mins time?)
Ooops that would be 2hys 2min time!

MeanEYE
April 28th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I remember how I use to get all worked up over new version of Ubuntu. Now I see this version like punishment. We'll see how Unity performs...

An Sanct
April 28th, 2011, 11:03 AM
WOW :) now, when I posted the link, there where also the non-beta download options ... It seems everything is in movement right now ... they have removed the release ...

Still the torrent is a P2P thing, I hope they cannot remove that...

PS. they're back ... hit F5 or ctrl+F5 (force refresh) until you see them :)

Synthetic Sam
April 28th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I've attached the metalink files for the various CD images, they will allow you to download via torrent, or the nearest mirror that is up to date (some still don't have the images yet).

TefoZi
April 28th, 2011, 11:09 AM
"Run Forest! Run... !"

http://releases.ubuntu.com/natty/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent

GavinZac
Just downloaded what appears to be the final torrent file. Vuze says the tracker is down though!

chuck_hannok
I'm tempted to just hit the upgrade button, regardless it is beta or not, and get it over....

An Sanct
April 28th, 2011, 11:10 AM
After this is ready, I suggest a "waiting for Oneiric Ocelot thread" ... 168 days to go!

PS... A screenshot of the download in the attachment...

mikewhatever
April 28th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I went through that torrent link, and it says beta :(

That's because it is a beta.
Here is the right one:
http://releases.ubuntu.com/11.04/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent

UniverseA7X
April 28th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Wow, haven't posted here in a long time. I just put 10.10 on my laptop, and am patiently awaiting the next release. :D

Ubuntu has come a long way since I last used it.

utkatt
April 28th, 2011, 11:15 AM
That's because it is a beta.
Here is the right one:
http://releases.ubuntu.com/11.04/ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent

yeah, this is working, and this is real.

Thanks a lot for sharing :D

~Plue
April 28th, 2011, 11:18 AM
seeding the amd64 alternate now - its the same as it was 2 days ago so no need to redownlaod\\:D/

chuck_hannok
April 28th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Downloading the desktop cd.... 12 minutes left...

VOT Productions
April 28th, 2011, 11:23 AM
When is the 11.04 version via Upgrade Manager coming out?

chuck_hannok
April 28th, 2011, 11:25 AM
When is the 11.04 version via Upgrade Manager coming out?
last time i checked, which was 1 minute ago, it's still beta... at least that's what the release notes say...

VOT Productions
April 28th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Hurry up Canonical! We are waiting and waiting!

VOT Productions
April 28th, 2011, 11:36 AM
In the meantime, watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc.

kostkon
April 28th, 2011, 11:38 AM
in the meantime, watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqxumpsoc.
lol

An Sanct
April 28th, 2011, 11:41 AM
lol :)

Just don't let them touch your ....

VOT Productions
April 28th, 2011, 11:43 AM
...Ubuntu...

aruntejay
April 28th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Mine is AMD Turion(tm)64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58
Should I download a 32-bit or 64-bit ?!

birtuma
April 28th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Any md5 hashes there?

GavinZac
April 28th, 2011, 11:46 AM

Hint: the one with AMD and 64 in the filename ;)

MeanEYE
April 28th, 2011, 11:47 AM

If you have more than 3.2GB of RAM I'd suggest you to go for 64bit. There are Kernels that support this in 32bit mode but it's better to go for the real thing.

Some_Bored_Dude
April 28th, 2011, 11:47 AM

64-Bit naturally ;)

aruntejay
April 28th, 2011, 11:50 AM
So between 32 and 64, which will do fine with me ?!

VOT Productions
April 28th, 2011, 11:53 AM
aruntejay, if you got 3.2GB of RAM or more, go for 64bit.
If not, 32bit.

If you aren't sure, go for 32bit.

Contrary to popular belief, AMD64 does NOT mean AMD only. It means 64bit for Intel AND AMD.

aruntejay
April 28th, 2011, 11:57 AM
aruntejay, if you got 3.2GB of RAM or more, go for 64bit.
If not, 32bit.

If you aren't sure, go for 32bit.

Contrary to popular belief, AMD64 does NOT mean AMD only. It means 64bit for Intel AND AMD.

And now I got 2gb of RAM, so as you said I'll do a 32-bit version.
And will the inclusion of SWAP memory of another 2gb can any way make me eligible for 64-bit ?!

chuck_hannok
April 28th, 2011, 11:58 AM
The homepage changed!

or3x
Anyone else having problems with ubuntu.com?

chuck_hannok
You can download it at the download page now!

aruntejay
April 28th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Finally 'Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh.........'.

lord_phantom
April 28th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I can't download through torrent. I've got such errors like connection refused and host not found. Is this normal or am I banned for early download attempts :-) ?

Some_Bored_Dude
April 28th, 2011, 12:03 PM
The homepage changed!

beat me by 4 mins!

Time to play!:guitar:

VOT Productions
April 28th, 2011, 12:04 PM
They are updating the homepage! Hints: Bad layout.

jmore9
April 28th, 2011, 12:04 PM
The torrents worked fine here just only had 60 with 3 downloading

utkatt
April 28th, 2011, 12:06 PM
it's here, finally :)

bizzy
April 28th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Kubuntu released it - then unreleased it. KDEers are in limbo ... <duck> at least we have a stable 4.6.2 to look forward to ... </duck>

VOT Productions
Should I get it via Upgrade Manager or ISO?

MeanEYE
And now I got 2gb of RAM, so as you said I'll do a 32-bit version.
And will the inclusion of SWAP memory of another 2gb can any way make me eligible for 64-bit ?!

You can run 64bit version if you have less than 2GB of RAM. But if you have more than 3.2GB of RAM 32bit system won't see the rest of your memory.

Apart from that 64bit is somewhat faster but I doubt there are many applications that take full advantage of 64bit.

tabibito
Finally the wait is over...:P

NormanFLinux
April 28th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Its the final edition... but it doesn't work on my netbook. It freezes up every time I log in and I have to do a hard reset.

Not good!

_outlawed_
April 28th, 2011, 12:09 PM
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Torrenting 11.04 now and will seed it after installing it fresh :D

VOT Productions
April 28th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Wait! It's not over yet! What about Upgrade Manager? It's not having the new release!

MeanEYE
April 28th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Wait! It's not over yet! What about Upgrade Manager? It's not having the new release!

That depends on which server you have selected in software sources. They don't all get new version instantly. :) It takes time to propagate new stuff.

VOT Productions
April 28th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Which servers have the release?

MeanEYE
April 28th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Which servers have the release?

I have no clue but with every release torrents and normal downloads are the first ones out then after some time Update Manager picks it up.

VOT Productions
April 28th, 2011, 12:27 PM
So upgrade by ISO or wait for Update Manager?

_outlawed_
April 28th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Torrent stuck on 99.98%

GG! lol

EDIT: There it goes... :P

samsonious
April 28th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Woo finally, upgrade available via update manager on UK servers.

el_koraco
April 28th, 2011, 12:33 PM

don't do anything yet, give it a few weeks or a month.

MeanEYE
April 28th, 2011, 12:35 PM

Well main server has the update ready (am already updating). If you can it's always better to do a clean install. At this point it's entirely up to you! :)

VOT Productions
April 28th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Well main server has the update ready (am already updating). If you can it's always better to do a clean install. At this point it's entirely up to you! :)

I'm updating too at the same time!
Hope the server doesn't go busted.

Zero2Nine
April 28th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I'm downloading and seeding the torrents now for 32 and 64 bit desktop.iso. I have quite a good connection so uploading with 1.2 MiB/s get it now :P

VOT Productions
April 28th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Do I have download 1.5GB??

disappointeduser
April 28th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I dual booted Windows 7 and Ubuntu for a year and decided to get rid of Windows when the new Ubuntu 11.04 came out. So, I just downloaded it. Unfortunately, I cannot install Ubuntu, because of backlight issues on my Acer Aspire, same problem I had with beta2 (bot not with alpha :confused:). Thought it would have been fixed by now. How come Ubuntu 10.10 worked fine and the new one doesn't? I'm going back to Windows 7 and uninstalling Ubuntu completely. This is so very frustrating. I was really looking forward to using it. :(

Zero2Nine
April 28th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I dual booted Windows 7 and Ubuntu for a year and decided to get rid of Windows when the new Ubuntu 11.04 came out. So, I just downloaded it. Unfortunately, I cannot install Ubuntu, because of backlight issues on my Acer Aspire, same problem I had with beta2 (bot not with alpha :confused:). Thought it would have been fixed by now. How come Ubuntu 10.10 worked fine and the new one doesn't? I'm going back to Windows 7 and uninstalling Ubuntu completely. This is so very frustrating. I was really looking forward to using it. :(

Sorry to hear that. Guess it has something to do with the kernel version (maybe an earlier version of the kernel was used in the Natty alpha?).

Krytarik
April 28th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Although this is no support thread, how about that?:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=10730021#post10730021
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132

Hope it helps!

Johnsie
April 28th, 2011, 01:09 PM
This didn't even make the technology news at the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology/

coolbrook
April 28th, 2011, 01:15 PM
#xubuntu 11.04 is downloading throught uTorrent.

It's a busy week. NFL draft tonight. Wedding tomorrow. Space shuttle Endeavour's final launch too.

disappointeduser
April 28th, 2011, 01:17 PM
This didn't even make the technology news at the BBC:

Maybe that's just as well, at least Ubuntu will avoid embarrassment :mad:

Krytarik
April 28th, 2011, 01:21 PM
This didn't even make the technology news at the BBC
I just yet found it at least on the german Chip website:
http://www.chip.de/news/Ubuntu-11.04-Natty-Narwhal-jetzt-zum-Download_47595070.html

coolbrook
April 28th, 2011, 01:22 PM
#xubuntu 11.04 is downloading throught uTorrent...and Good Morning (or time of day) to my peers

U.S.A., Russia, Czech Republic, Argentina, Finland ,Germany, Australia and Italy. ):P

yetiman64
April 28th, 2011, 01:26 PM
..and Good Morning (or time of day) to my peers

U.S.A., Russia, Czech Republic, Argentina, Finland ,Germany, Australia and Italy. ):P

G'day mate, :popcorn:
Both 32 and 64 bit torrents now finished downloading, am seeding them as I type this.

Some good seeding figures and download speeds on the torrents particularly the i386 one. :D

kostageas
April 28th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Has #ubuntu ever been trending on twitter? I think we need to try. :popcorn:

_outlawed_
April 28th, 2011, 01:42 PM
mmmm fresh install of 11.04....so fasttttt :D

Time to redownload the torrent and seed it!

Zero2Nine
April 28th, 2011, 02:10 PM
..and Good Morning (or time of day) to my peers

It feels good seeding torrents isn't it? my ratio for the 32 bit .iso is now almost 10 and still going strong. On a side note: someone is downloading the Xubuntu 10.10 iso now from me :P

coolbrook
April 28th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Some good seeding figures and download speeds on the torrents particularly the i386 one. :D

Welcome Japan, Brazil and Spain =D>

#xubuntu #narwhal #natty

MeanEYE
April 28th, 2011, 02:13 PM

Oh, if this is strictly Kernel related then it's a regression bug and needs to be reported. My suggestion is to find another distribution Live CD with the same or newer version of Kernel. That way you will be able to see if it's Kernel issue or Ubuntu issue.

If it's Ubuntu issue you can report it but it's never a good idea to upgrade to newest version when it's released.

aguafina
April 28th, 2011, 02:13 PM
These threads get smaller each year./

Frogs Hair
April 28th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Downloading now and I leave for class before it will be finished . :( Burning and installing this afternoon. :)

Rolie
April 28th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Seeding to the world at full speed, 11 MB/s. Already uploaded 52 GB via rTorrent.

I think it is also time to stop these Maverick Meerkat torrents:

ubuntu-10.10-alternate-amd64.iso
done 694.0 MB Rate: 5.3 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 124656.8 MB [ R: 179.63]
Tracker: [Tried all trackers.]
ubuntu-10.10-desktop-i386.iso
done 693.2 MB Rate: 0.0 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 291367.7 MB [ R: 420.35]
ubuntu-10.10-netbook-i386.iso
done 695.9 MB Rate: 0.0 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 523017.5 MB [ R: 751.58]
ubuntu-10.10-server-amd64.iso
done 641.5 MB Rate: 7.7 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 49314.3 MB [ R: 76.87]
ubuntu-10.10-server-i386.iso
done 627.3 MB Rate: 0.0 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 59550.9 MB [ R: 94.94]
ubuntu-10.10-alternate-i386.iso
done 692.6 MB Rate: 0.0 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 144354.8 MB [ R: 208.43]
ubuntu-10.10-desktop-amd64.iso
done 695.0 MB Rate: 0.0 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 924808.6 MB [ R: 1330.67]

You can see that ubuntu-10.10-desktop-amd64.iso was by far the most popular image.

Zero2Nine
April 28th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Seeding to the world at full speed, 11 MB/s. Already uploaded 52 GB via rTorrent.

I think it is also time to stop these Maverick Meerkat torrents:

ubuntu-10.10-alternate-amd64.iso
done 694.0 MB Rate: 5.3 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 124656.8 MB [ R: 179.63]
ubuntu-10.10-desktop-i386.iso
done 693.2 MB Rate: 0.0 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 291367.7 MB [ R: 420.35]
ubuntu-10.10-netbook-i386.iso
done 695.9 MB Rate: 0.0 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 523017.5 MB [ R: 751.58]
ubuntu-10.10-server-amd64.iso
done 641.5 MB Rate: 7.7 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 49314.3 MB [ R: 76.87]
ubuntu-10.10-server-i386.iso
done 627.3 MB Rate: 0.0 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 59550.9 MB [ R: 94.94]
ubuntu-10.10-alternate-i386.iso
done 692.6 MB Rate: 0.0 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 144354.8 MB [ R: 208.43]
ubuntu-10.10-desktop-amd64.iso
done 695.0 MB Rate: 0.0 / 0.0 KB Uploaded: 924808.6 MB [ R: 1330.67]

You can see that ubuntu-10.10-desktop-amd64.iso was by far the most popular image.

Nice uspeed and I was happy with 1.2 MiB/s

coolbrook
April 28th, 2011, 02:24 PM
It feels good seeding torrents isn't it? my ratio for the 32 bit .iso is now almost 10 and still going strong.
Yes it does, but I have a small bandwidth cap. If my previous ISP was reliable, then I would have a little more data to transfer each month. I'm seeding Xubuntu 64 and will do the same for the i386. I'm supporting XFCE, this time, for those treading water with legacy hardware.

MeanEYE
April 28th, 2011, 02:27 PM
These threads get smaller each year./

DistroWatch confirms your observation. Ubuntu is loosing its mojo. Maybe they are introducing way too many changes with little regard for users.

Throne777
April 28th, 2011, 02:33 PM
DistroWatch confirms your observation

How?

aaaantoine
April 28th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Working on seeding ubuntu-11.04-desktop-amd64 and -i386. My goal is to have a ratio of 10 overall.

My upload speed is higher than I thought it would be -- maybe because it's my desktop rather than my laptop. I'm more disappointed about my download speed, it's not going much higher than 100 KiB/s.

(:lol: As soon as I say that, the speed spikes to 200.)

mikewhatever
April 28th, 2011, 02:44 PM
DistroWatch confirms your observation. Ubuntu is loosing its mojo. Maybe they are introducing way too many changes with little regard for users.

There is a rose right outside my door, and it also confirms your observation. Today, it's been at such an angle that no doubt remained, Ubuntu is ...

The petals are too rosy, which probably adds more credit to the conclusion, but I'm not sure.

aaaantoine
April 28th, 2011, 02:58 PM
DistroWatch confirms your observation.

I don't use DistroWatch anymore, you know. Also, this statement smacks of Slashdot sarcasm. "Ubuntu is dying. Netcraft confirms it!"