PDA

View Full Version : I'm so Sorry Ubuntu

Dragonbite
April 25th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I'm sticking with you for now! So you're kinda stuck with me hanging around here, me telling people about Ubuntu, possibly handing out some CDs and offering support when newbies have questions I can actually answer.

Honestly, it's for the best because heaven knows what kind of trouble I can run into with other distributions. Not that I won't try them, but when push-comes-to-shove and I want my system to just be working and not have to spend time tweaking and getting the system to do everything I want it to just to have the next release come out.

:guitar:

So, I am sorry to Ubuntu and the community. You're stuck with me for now! :lolflag:

RiceMonster
April 25th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Uh-huh...

Lucradia
April 25th, 2011, 02:30 PM
lol, trolling the unity haters?

NightwishFan
April 25th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I was about to say! You would have been missed. :(

koenn
April 25th, 2011, 06:37 PM
shouldn't this be in testimonials

:)

linuxyogi
April 25th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Wow

sffvba[e0rt
April 25th, 2011, 11:11 PM
I'm sticking with you for now! So you're kinda stuck with me hanging around here, me telling people about Ubuntu, possibly handing out some CDs and offering support when newbies have questions I can actually answer.

Honestly, it's for the best because heaven knows what kind of trouble I can run into with other distributions. Not that I won't try them, but when push-comes-to-shove and I want my system to just be working and not have to spend time tweaking and getting the system to do everything I want it to just to have the next release come out.

So, I am sorry to Ubuntu and the community. You're stuck with me for now! :lolflag:

The meanies over at openSUSE finally get to you :p

Timmer1240
April 26th, 2011, 12:55 AM
So many distros and so little time!One things for sure theres a lot of good Distros to try!

Irihapeti
April 26th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Whew! For a moment I thought....

But usually THOSE posts are in T&E. :)

lancest
April 26th, 2011, 07:50 AM

Exactly my sentiments.

NormanFLinux
April 26th, 2011, 10:49 AM
You have two options:

either adopt an Ubuntu-based LTS release distro or adopt a rolling release distro.

mikewhatever
April 26th, 2011, 11:42 AM
...do you mind explaining what's the problem.

Dragonbite
April 26th, 2011, 06:54 PM
You have two options:

either adopt an Ubuntu-based LTS release distro or adopt a rolling release distro.That's the wonderful thing about Linux... I have many, MANY more choices than just 2! Both inside and outside the Ubuntu Ecosystem.

I think the first post describes the issue pretty clearly ;)

:popcorn:

krapp
April 26th, 2011, 07:02 PM

Red Flag Linux!

1roxtar
April 26th, 2011, 09:48 PM

Ubuntu has ruined my workday. Because the darn thing is so stable, my computer doesn't crash and so I actually have to get my work done. I used to blame my Windows computer crashing all the time for a lot of my unfinished work. :(

beew
April 26th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Red Flag Linux!

Actually tried out qomo, not enough software packages and desktop is a hacked kde to look like XP, good speed and has some potential but not really impressed at the moment.

For those who haven't heard of it, Red Flag is a Chinese enterprise Linux distro based on RedHat and qomo is the "community version", its relation to Red Flag is like Fedora to RedHat (Someone asked me if I knew a Chinese OS as he was not satisfied with MS's Chinese support so I was testing qomo before I could recommend it,)

Dragonbite
April 29th, 2011, 06:21 PM
For those who haven't heard of it, Red Flag is a Chinese enterprise Linux distro based on RedHat

All this Red is making me see Red! :lolflag: