PDA

View Full Version : 3 days people!!!

u-noob-tu
April 25th, 2011, 01:36 PM
this will be my first upgrade for ubuntu (i started on 10.10 in mid December, so only ~6 months experience with ubuntu), and i am stoked. ubuntu has been an absolute joy to use, and it can only get better, as far as im concerned. we should have a launch party or something.

tsaunders
April 25th, 2011, 08:17 PM
this will be my first upgrade for ubuntu (i started on 10.10 in mid December, so only ~6 months experience with ubuntu), and i am stoked. ubuntu has been an absolute joy to use, and it can only get better, as far as im concerned. we should have a launch party or something.

Welcome! I left Ubuntu for a while (ran into some issues with Grub2) and am back again. I plan to stick around this time.

u-noob-tu
April 26th, 2011, 02:35 PM
If I can, I'll never go back to windows again (never had to use crapple, thank god). Ubuntu has let me do things I never could have done with windows, like making DVDs for my family, learn programming (well, learning), and generally have fun with my computer.

treasonvoice
April 26th, 2011, 02:59 PM
If I can, I'll never go back to windows again (never had to use crapple, thank god). Ubuntu has let me do things I never could have done with windows, like making DVDs for my family, learn programming (well, learning), and generally have fun with my computer.

And increased your four-letter word vocab whenever it decides to break down.

(granted, I've always found a way to repair things when Ubuntu's having a bad day.)

u-noob-tu
April 26th, 2011, 04:19 PM
And increased your four-letter word vocab whenever it decides to break down.

(granted, I've always found a way to repair things when Ubuntu's having a bad day.)

Fortunately, I havent had that experience yet. That's one thing I love about Linux, if it doesn't work out of the box, you can make it work. And if that doesn't work, well then, at least you tried.