View Full Version : GTKpod

shadowfax1
April 24th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Great little program for ipods...works like a charm for 'nano'
Considering getting a iphone..Does anybody know if it works
on the phone for transferring mp3's

leviathan8
April 24th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I do not own a iPhone, but I can confirm that it worked on my computer. One of my friends plugged it into an USB port and Ubuntu immediately asked what should it do with the device. I was able to view and import photos with F-Spot, play songs with Rhythmbox and browse the internal memory with no fuss. If I think back, I remember it being an iPhone 3G (does that actually matter? I'm not really into all this mobile technology). Although I'd suggest that you better buy an Android device. :D

Horseboy
April 24th, 2011, 09:13 PM
GTKpod won't work with your iPhone. Since iPhones/iPod Touches/iPad's run on a completely locked up Mac OSX based platform, no program would be able to communicate with it. You'd have to "jailbreak" it, which is a simple process of getting root access via exploited vulnerabilities in the kernel or the bootrom. But GTKpod still wouldn't be able to communicate with it, but I'm sure there's a way it can be done.

earthpigg
April 25th, 2011, 12:26 AM
you will be initially walking into a minefield of unreliability (http://ctmason.wordpress.com/2011/04/16/ios-ipod-ipad-devices-on-linux-long-term-non-jailbreaking-solution/).