PDA

View Full Version : Should ubuntuforums have a license agreement upon registering for use in the wiki?

user1397
April 24th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I was just thinking, what if upon registering on this forum there is a license agreement that all content you post can be freely placed/modified/distributed in the official ubuntu wiki?

This is obviously the most helpful when it comes to tutorials/how-to's and general reference information.

Spice Weasel
April 24th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Yes, of course.

This post is licensed under the MS-RSL. You are free to read it, but it may not be modified or distributed without the proprietor's permission for commercial or non-commercial purposes.

grahammechanical
April 25th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Surely the freely available bit is already happening. This forum is available to be read by anyone with a computer and a web browser. How can I argue that what I am typing right now is not in the public domain? Internet search engines list threads from this forum as results from the searches. I do not see how I can stop anyone from taking the information that I might give as advice and instruction and re-writing it as a guide. I myself am giving as advice information that I have read in these forums.

Regards.