PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnome 3 PPA for 10.10 Maverick

chiefmanyrabbitguteat
April 24th, 2011, 04:44 AM
I tested 11.04 for a couple of days, and it was (my opinion, of course,) terrible! I want to try out Gnome Shell, but I'd rather do so on my 10.10 install, instead of having to mess with the mess of 11.04. Anybody know of a PPA that works with 10.10?

zvacet
April 25th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Why donīt you wait for few more days and install Natty.Then you can use PPA mentioned in your post.From login window you should be able to select session you want to run.

linuxftw3
May 7th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Why donīt you wait for few more days and install Natty.Then you can use PPA mentioned in your post.From login window you should be able to select session you want to run.

or you could actually help the guy instead of saying upgrade to natty when he clearly is saying he doesn't want to use 11.04 because it sucks (yeah i said it) next time, try helping the person instead of asking him/her to upgrade to a version he doesn't want to upgrade to. #-o

linuxftw3
May 7th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I tested 11.04 for a couple of days, and it was (my opinion, of course,) terrible! I want to try out Gnome Shell, but I'd rather do so on my 10.10 install, instead of having to mess with the mess of 11.04. Anybody know of a PPA that works with 10.10?

i do hate natty as well and had to downgrade to maverick because the natty repos are screwed up , nice job with that canonical:P
#-o so i sympathize with you on this. :D

satanselbow
May 7th, 2011, 02:44 PM
To avoid Unity you do not need avoid 11.04 ;)

Grab Xubuntu 11.04 ISO and use the Gnome 3 Team PPA. I have not attempted to force Gnome3 onto Maverick myself - although I'm sure others will have :D