PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Vlc plug-in installation for ubuntu 9.10(karmic)

xachu4u
April 22nd, 2011, 04:03 PM
I have just installed my ubuntu on my disk.(Windows xp is also there)..

Initially i had a lot of problems with the new concept of installation of applications. So far the only successful thing i have installed is " cairo-dock". I have also successfully removed many games by removing the corresponding package files.

My latest issue is with vlc plug-in.( i just need a versatile player).I tried installing the package via Synaptic package manager.
> i chose: mark for installation.
> then i clicked: apply.
> it showed: downloading .....

but finally it says an error occurred, with the following details:

E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on mountall

Also at the bottom of synaptic package manager, (in the status bar or whatever..)it is given:
31 packages listed,1265 installed,0 broken.103 to install/upgrade,8 to remove; 77.2 MB will be used.

( i also wish to say that i found the same error [E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on mountall] when installing packages like balzarbrothers, rhtytmbox plug-in.....tell me what to do)

mörgæs
April 22nd, 2011, 05:06 PM
Sorry to say, but 9.10 is running out of support now:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ubuntu_releases#Version_timeline

As the installation is new and you have no user files in it (I assume), best is to delete it again and install 10.04.2 or 10.10. Just view 9.10 as an exercise before the real installation :-)

After that, apply the available updates and boot again. Verify that the system is stable.

Third step is installing applications and plug-ins.

xachu4u
April 22nd, 2011, 05:52 PM
Is 10.10 unstable? i heard many things are going wrong with it? what is your comment mörgæs? (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=939075)

mörgæs
April 22nd, 2011, 08:10 PM
All Ubuntu releases are unstable at the day of release (like with other operative systems), but after some months they mature and get usable.

Both 10.04.2 and 10.10 are stable now (else I would not recommend them in the first place), but if you want to install next to a ******* installation I would vote for 10.04.2. It is supported until april 2013.