PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] windows too big

eeedddggg
April 22nd, 2011, 05:07 AM
Well I dowloaded the compiz settings manager last week, I customize the appearance and change the font type and size, the problem is that I cant see the full screen, on the top I can only see the turnoff button, chat, volume and a really big button that takes all the other space from the top to open the calendar, I can't open system since i can't see it. It was working fine until I changed the font size to 15....Can I change the font size from the terminal? this is how it looks. http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgarace/5640902231/ Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

An Sanct
April 22nd, 2011, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the forums!

Modify the appearance, in the system menu, but since you cannot get to it, here is the command line

gnome-appearance-properties %FThe "%F" is there, because I just copied the exact command, that runs from the menu, maybe it will work without it ... give it a try, if "%F" doesn't work.

PS. Word of advice ... In compiz, find the option to save the current settings, when you are happy with the results ... it will serve as a "restore point" if anything goes bad and will take up only a few kilobytes of space. Making a backup is important (specially with compiz ...).

eeedddggg
April 22nd, 2011, 07:02 PM
Thanks, I'll try that

An Sanct
April 25th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Well, how did it go? If it helped, please mark the thread as solved under thread tools.