PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation error..??

immortal_yash
April 21st, 2011, 05:23 AM
Two days before i got ubuntu destop edition x86 shiped at my house from ubuntu when i try to install it after selecting install along with windows it starts installing but when it comes to coping files after some percentage it give me a error that a file could not be copied fault in cd\dvd...
I can not download the ubuntu as i have net on my mobile only please suggest me what should i do..!!

Quackers
April 21st, 2011, 05:33 AM
Welcome to UF.
That seems like the cd is damaged, perhaps.
When booting from the cd at the first purple screen (with a little man icon at the bottom, press any key. Then choose your language and on the next screen you should see an option to check the cd for errors. See if that reports anything.

immortal_yash
April 25th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Welcome to UF.
That seems like the cd is damaged, perhaps.
When booting from the cd at the first purple screen (with a little man icon at the bottom, press any key. Then choose your language and on the next screen you should see an option to check the cd for errors. See if that reports anything.

is there any other thing i can do... I really access web from my phone and downloading a torrent or directly from server would kill my phones capacity..!! :(