PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Resize icons

realn
April 20th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Hi,

Is there a way to resize the icons in KDE4 in the taskbar and the system tray? And I mean a REAL resize, independent of the size of the whole panel.

realn
April 27th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Bump, please - in fact I am trying real hard to switch to KDE 4, but it still seems to me that the KDE4 experience is far away from end-users and too close to creators of a wonderful (and very un-frienldy) graphical framework.

realn
May 3rd, 2011, 09:36 AM
Ok, then, I guess I'll stick to KDE Trinity until KDE4 becomes more "transparent".

Asraniel
May 3rd, 2011, 10:44 AM
Why would you want to do that?

You can't resize them in the panel, they will take the size of your panel.

What you can do if you want multiple lines of icons, you can use the quicklaunch plasmoid.

edit:
The reason why you can't resize the system tray icons, is a technical one. It will be possible in the future, when all applications use the new systemtray standard. All kde applications and i think most gnome ones do, but there are still too many legacy applications left that don't.

realn
May 4th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm using a vertical panel - so the size of the icons is not necessarily tied to the panel width. I want them small because there's not too much space in a vertical panel. And I am using a vertical panel because the vertical space on monitors seems to be getting smaller and smaller.
As for the other KDE customization - in KDE3 i can choose the font/color for the taskbar, separately for active/inactive windows. And many other customizations which it seems they are not present in KDE4