PDA

View Full Version : JUST FOR FUN - How to fix any computer!

spirit.986
April 20th, 2011, 11:39 AM
While surfing at random i've come upon this Article...

How to fix any computer
http://theoatmeal.com/blog/fix_computer

Although this is a comic just for fun I do wonder why Linux is represented as the OS that is hardest to fix??

P.S. As I mentioned in the title, this post is just for fun. I am a regular Ubuntu user for at least 6 months and I am completely satisfied with the Linux OS

ELD
April 20th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I can see the funny side of it heh.

henz103
April 20th, 2011, 09:03 PM
hahaha so true

LowSky
April 21st, 2011, 02:14 AM
grow a beard... check
fall asleep to the sound of whirring fans... check
blame sun mircosysems... check
switch distros... check
recompile the kernel... check

handy
April 21st, 2011, 02:19 AM
When I used to fix the things as a business, over a period of time I was in the process of organising the various people who could provide what I needed to be able to video a desktop computer with a monitor on top of it being blown up using a couple of detonators.

A mate had a rubbish dump (generations old) on his farm, & another got into video (years before digital video cam's were available to us) & another mate runs an agricultural supply store including selling explosives & of course detonators.

Anyway, it was the Ray with his detonators that let us down. He backed out when I told him everything was in place & that we could do it.

There must be some pretty strong legalities involved re. his license to sell explosives.

So I never got to have the screen background of the computer/monitor at the point where they are just starting to come apart.

In my minds eye it looks great, & in those days it would have been very satisfying. :)

sammiev
April 21st, 2011, 02:32 AM
Best way to add memory to your computer is to remove your memory chips and put into the microwave for 30 seconds on high. It really opens them up! Then install them backwards into the computer. Works best with computers running Vista. :)

lisati
April 21st, 2011, 02:36 AM
Take one sledgehammer.....
:D

jfreak_
April 21st, 2011, 03:40 AM
LOVE OATMEAL. in case you haven't you should read all te comics, some are REALLY good.

Derxst
April 21st, 2011, 04:14 AM
Ha Ha... not bad!

Marlonsm
April 21st, 2011, 04:20 AM
I still prefer the hammer method.

jimbobs
April 21st, 2011, 05:00 AM
I like it :) It nicely encapsulates the frustration of any - and every - platform.

Quietly weeping .....

Khakilang
April 21st, 2011, 05:19 AM
If you have worm virus in your computer use pesticide.

chellrose
April 21st, 2011, 05:34 AM
Although this is a comic just for fun I do wonder why Linux is represented as the OS that is hardest to fix??

Linux IS the hardest OS to fix. That is, if you're one of these people (http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_power.shtml). Or have no idea how to do a quick Google or forums search... :)

spirit.986
April 21st, 2011, 08:19 AM
Linux IS the hardest OS to fix. That is, if you're one of these people. Or have no idea how to do a quick Google or forums search...
LOL... that link is CRAZY :D

We all have problems hardware or software with every OS we use.. there is one thing i've noticed thou...

- For some reason (i think because broken registry records - win7 has this issue too, but it is not that noticeable ) windows degrades performances over time...
- Linux rushes with the same speed from it's start! I don't know why but I LOVE THAT.. I still keep asking myself what have i been doing with win all these years?

I've never seen a forum that gives such a quick support like this one :)