PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Screen borders changed from black to silver with no input from me

tdcarlo
April 20th, 2011, 01:59 AM
So I am surfing the internet when I notice that the top and bottom borders are now silver, normally they are black. The borders that contain Applications, Places and System. I never changed them, at least knowingly. I first rebooted to see it would change back. It didn't, they were still silver. I, next, went to System, Preferences, Appearance and I found I had a custom theme. I never intended to create a custom theme. I changed my theme back to Ambiance and then 10 minutes later the borders changed back to silver and the Theme was reset to custom. I changed it back to Ambiance and it's been stable for 30 mins. When I check now, I have no custom settings listed for themes.

Anybody have a clue why this might be happening?

I am using Ubuntu 10.10

Copper Bezel
April 20th, 2011, 03:38 AM
There's an odd bug that's been killing Gnome Settings Daemon in 10.10, killing the theming so that everything is flat grey, but the behavior's just a little different - just loading Gnome Settings Daemon fixed it in those instances.

If it happens again, try running this to see if it's a related problem:

killall gnome-settings-daemon; gnome-settings-daemon

tdcarlo
April 20th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks Copper Bezel,

That did the trick....