PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] "main menu" menu item

shukalo83
April 19th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Hello.

When I click "System>Preferences>Main Menu" nothing happens.

I am running Lucid 64bit.

Can you help me with this please?

Frogs Hair
April 19th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Hi and welcome

I don't know the cause of the problem . Try to right click the menu text and select edit menus and see if it opens that way. If it does try the menu icon again.

Copper Bezel
April 19th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Also, try running alacarte from terminal (that's the main menu editor app itself.) If it runs, we can change the item for Main Menu itself. If it doesn't, we'll troubleshoot from there.

shukalo83
April 20th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Also, try running alacarte from terminal (that's the main menu editor app itself.) If it runs, we can change the item for Main Menu itself. If it doesn't, we'll troubleshoot from there.

Right click methot did not help. Nothing happened. Alacart did work but as "sudo alacarte". Maybe there lies the problem?
With sudo alacarte I managed to edit some stuff in menu so I can consider this tread solved.

Thank You.

Copper Bezel
April 20th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Whoa, that's fairly weird. Your menu should not be owned by root. Does anyone know where this data is stored?

Krytarik
April 20th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Whoa, that's fairly weird. Your menu should not be owned by root. Does anyone know where this data is stored?
The menu setup is stored in "~/.config/menus", the *.desktop files specified in it are in "~/.local/share/applications".

Also, I would expect that you change the menus of 'root' if you invoke "sudo".