PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Ubuntu 11.04 Upgrade - Cleaning Up

Enkouyami
April 19th, 2011, 04:51 AM
After I started to upgrade process, I wanted to que a program installed so went to the ubuntu software center and clicked install and I thought it was going to install after the upgrade to 11.04 was complete. On the last step of the upgrade, "Cleaning Up", the update manager said that it couldn't get an exclusive lock and the upgrade window closed and i think it told me to try again later. I go back to the ubuntu software center and the other profram was fully installed.

What goes on in the cleanup stage and how do I go back to it?
Also i had to switch to xubuntu-desktop because ubuntu-desktop doesn't start. Also gdm has no theme and it has a plain blue background.How to add a them to gdm?

Hedgehog1
April 19th, 2011, 05:00 AM
After I started to upgrade process, I wanted to que a program installed so went to the ubuntu software center and clicked install and I thought it was going to install after the upgrade to 11.04 was complete. On the last step of the upgrade, "Cleaning Up", the update manager said that it couldn't get an exclusive lock and the upgrade window closed and i think it told me to try again later. I go back to the ubuntu software center and the other profram was fully installed.

What goes on in the cleanup stage and how do I go back to it?
Also i had to switch to xubuntu-desktop because ubuntu-desktop doesn't start. Also gdm has no theme and it has a plain blue background.How to add a them to gdm?

May I suggest that you save your data and do a clean Natty install?

If your data is in it's own '/home' partition, this is easier. But either way, a clean install is your only reasonable solution with a beta version like this.

The Hedge

:KS

Enkouyami
April 19th, 2011, 05:04 AM
ok thanks. Good thing I have a separate /home partition :)