PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Extended displays!

kskwerl
April 18th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Anyone know how I can get extended displays on 3 monitors. I can get the display on all 3 and extended but I can't make my middle monitor my primary display. Already tried the checkbox Primary dispaly and the command "xrandr --output DPF1 --primary"

Maheriano
April 18th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I found the Ubuntu display options wouldn't work for me, I had to install the proprietary ATI/Nvidia drivers and use their software to adjust the display settings. Either ATI Catalyst or Nvidia X Server settings.

kskwerl
April 18th, 2011, 08:17 PM
I found the Ubuntu display options wouldn't work for me, I had to install the proprietary ATI/Nvidia drivers and use their software to adjust the display settings. Either ATI Catalyst or Nvidia X Server settings.

Damn, I'm not sure where to find my drivers for my graphics card for linux. I have a Sapphire Vapor-X 5870, maybe someone can help me?

kskwerl
April 19th, 2011, 12:42 AM
bumpin'

Maheriano
April 19th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Under the Ubuntu menu it'll give you Administration and Preferences. Somewhere in there it'll have an option for Hardware drivers, click that and it'll scan your system for any hardware you have and associated drivers you're not using. If it finds a driver, click it, install it, done. It'll likely find an ATI driver for you.

kskwerl
April 19th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Under the Ubuntu menu it'll give you Administration and Preferences. Somewhere in there it'll have an option for Hardware drivers, click that and it'll scan your system for any hardware you have and associated drivers you're not using. If it finds a driver, click it, install it, done. It'll likely find an ATI driver for you.

Thank you very much