PDA

View Full Version : Displaying a number which have 2 digits in Assembly

quartaela
April 18th, 2011, 04:28 PM
hi there i am working on a project with assembly programming and i am facing with a problem about displaying a number which have 2 digits. the main problem is if i have one digit number i can display but if i have 2 digit number the program displays the first digit. here is an example code which is in a subroutine. i used ASRA, LSRA and RORA but i can't fixed this problem.

DISPA:
JSR CLEARD

LDAA 20H
JSR PATCON
LDAB #40H
JSR DISPAT

LDAA 20H
CMPA #0FH
BLT DISPALEVEL1
ASRA
LDAB #80H
JSR DISPAT

DISPALEVEL1:

and the second problem is BLT code isn't working correctly. assume that in 20H there is a number bigger than 0FH, so it must be a 2 digit number. and if it is less than 0FH it must branch to DISPALEVEL1 but it executes the code above BLT if i replace BGT when the number is bigger than 0FH.

so how can i fix this problem_?. and thanks for your help anyway. : )

layers
April 20th, 2011, 03:22 AM
Which processor is this for? I think one cannot say "Assembly", like one can say "C", because it's not generally universal. i.e. I am familiar with NIOS II assembly, and some of your commands I have never seen before.
But I think the "flavor" of assembly might help us understand what the code does.

quartaela
April 24th, 2011, 01:01 PM
upps i forgot this thread. anyway i solved the problem : ). Layers we are using motorola 6800 emulator for programming assembly language. and sorry for late answer :)

layers
April 24th, 2011, 09:18 PM
upps i forgot this thread. anyway i solved the problem : ). Layers we are using motorola 6800 emulator for programming assembly language. and sorry for late answer :)
No problem. I suspected it, but wanted to be sure.
Can this thread be marked as solved?

quartaela
April 24th, 2011, 10:51 PM
yes i solved the problem : )

cgroza
April 24th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Wait, are'nt you going to tell us how? Someone in the same situation like you may find it useful.