PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Display issue in Maverick

Bladecatcher
April 18th, 2011, 02:40 PM
My first post here. I did a search but no one else seems to have this exact issue.

The problem is that I keep getting fragments of a previous image left behind when I close a window, open a new app, etc. It's quite odd so I have posted a couple of screen captures to show what I mean. I had this issue a while back and reinstalled the OS but the problem has come back again.

I have a nvidia 9800GT graphics card. Any help would be much appreciated.

IWantFroyo
April 18th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Do you have the proprietary driver installed? If so, does leaving it uninstalled fix anything?

~Plue
April 18th, 2011, 02:46 PM
seems pretty normal from the screenshots...or am i missing something?

Bladecatcher
April 18th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Maybe it doesn't show in the screenshot, but on my screen there is a big (roughly 1/8th of the screen size) square just above right and above centre of the screen. This square is filled with about giant pixels. I can still read text but it's really annoying to have it there all the time. Strangely it disappears when I watch video or view images.

I have the latest drivers installed and I really don't want to uninstall them unless I have to.

Bladecatcher
April 18th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Okay I have solved this issue for the time being. I went to Preferences > Monitors and clicked 'No' when asked if I wanted to use the vendor's tool. Then I was able to adjust screen resolution and refresh rate. I just switched to a different setting and then back again to my original resolution and it cleared the problem for me.