PDA

View Full Version : Mono Compiling Projects To Package?

MATTtheSEAHAWK
April 17th, 2011, 04:41 PM
I got Mono-Develop 2.4 installed and setup on my computer now (Ubuntu 11.04) and I am brand new to Ubuntu and I was wondering how I could get mono to compile to something that I could use on Ubuntu and not an exe. I am sorry if this sounds newbish but I am new to Ubuntu.

cgroza
April 17th, 2011, 04:57 PM
That exe is not actually an exe. That is compiled byte code. You can use it on ubuntu with no problem.

MATTtheSEAHAWK
April 17th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I'm sorry. I'm brand new to this but how do I run it, I keep getting an archive error. Do I have to change the file extension or something?

cgroza
April 17th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry. I'm brand new to this but how do I run it, I keep getting an archive error. Do I have to change the file extension or something?
You set it executable and then open a terminal, cd to the file, and then ./file.exe.

MATTtheSEAHAWK
April 17th, 2011, 10:21 PM
I found something even better. I just created a launcher for it. Solved :D

cgroza
April 17th, 2011, 10:29 PM
I found something even better. I just created a launcher for it. Solved :D
Nice, it is just some people like the terminal better.
Also, please mark the thread as solved.

directhex
April 18th, 2011, 09:42 AM
You set it executable and then open a terminal, cd to the file, and then ./file.exe.

You shouldn't rely on binfmt to execute .NET stuff, since there's no guarantee that it's available on every distro, or even installed on Ubuntu. Using "mono file.exe" is more reliable.

cgroza
April 18th, 2011, 09:35 PM
You shouldn't rely on binfmt to execute .NET stuff, since there's no guarantee that it's available on every distro, or even installed on Ubuntu. Using "mono file.exe" is more reliable.
Sorry, I just remember that is how I did it when I was testing C+, I really do not code in it.