PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Font - Alphabet with directional arrows

pangeh
April 17th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is in the correct category so apologies in advance if it is.

I have been searching for some time for a font that can be used to put together letters and words for examples to help children learn how to write.

I need letters with and without arrows pointing in the direction of how to write the letter. This font will be used for creating worksheets for letters and words. I need to be also able to change the colour of the font to really light gray so that children can also trace the letters.

I found alot of commercial software but was looking something thats free and can be used by a tuition company/tutor to print materials for their students without any license restrictions.

In a worst case I can blow up individual letters in open office and manually draw the arrows but would be great if a font exists that can be used as would give great scope in future projects.

Thanks in advance for your help.

regards
P.

An Sanct
April 17th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Maybe something like this? (http://www.fonts2u.com/life-lessons.font)

pangeh
April 17th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Hi An Sanct,

Thats exactly along the lines of what I need. This ling will definitely be of use.

However I need the font in normal text, something like Times new roman in ms word, with the arrows not not slanted and without the horizontal lines. So I need the tails on the lowercase, not straight like the ariel font in ms word.

I'm searching the web for a bit longer and then going to use normal text and manually add the arrows in in open office draw or something in the worst case scenario.

Thanks for help

regards
P

pangeh
April 18th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Forgive my ignorance on this issue. After reading further on this matter I realise that all I need is a tru type font for what I need.

In this case the Dnelian manuscipt fonts were suited to this issue. I downloaded the fonts from the internet.

For reference this is a really helpful site:

http://www.fonts101.com/search/dn+manuscript.aspx

This was more a query to do with fonts instead of ubuntu itself. However I believe it would be highly beneficial to include this font set with Edubuntu as they are excellent as a learning aid in teaching young children how to write.

regards
P