PDA

View Full Version : [other] Why does nobody answer my questions?!?

twtgd09
April 17th, 2011, 02:05 AM
I've used the search feature, and my issue appears to be unique, and now i ask the same question three times in three days (because "bump" doesn't do anything) and i don't get an answer, ever!

ghetto2ivy
April 17th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Perhaps no one has a solution to your issues, an answer to your question, or is seeing what you see. People are pretty helpful around here in general.

If its an issue try looking for a bug list on launchpad.

NightwishFan
April 17th, 2011, 02:09 AM
It is possible no one knows the answer to the question. Many would just not post rather than waste your time when they are unable to help. I am sorry that you have no received help for your problem though. Be patient, at times a person who knows the answer may just not be on. Once every 24 hours you can repost (bump) in your thread so it moves to the top of the list again.

You can also try an alternate source such as the Ubuntu Stack Exchange: http://askubuntu.com/

I hope you find your answers. :)

tgm4883
April 17th, 2011, 02:09 AM
Bump puts your post back at the top of the forum. Don't post new threads for the same issue.

twtgd09
April 17th, 2011, 02:12 AM
But I have no clue about much of this. I see codes, i see bug reports, and its meaningless to me, weird tildes and symbols that i presume are supposed to mean "input user information here" etc. etc. i dont know how to run as root other than sudo, but thats not "running as root". And i'd expect at least a couple questions for me to input some text to troubleshoot. Seriously, ive posted threads, and every other post gets 8 answers and a bunch of people look at mine, then dont do anything.

Idk how to use bump though, idk how to bookmark threads or find my postts either, so i lose them anyway.

NightwishFan
April 17th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Threads should automatically be bookmarked in the user control panel:
http://ubuntuforums.org/usercp.php

A bump means to reply to your own thread so that it shows up at the top of the list of forum posts again.

ghetto2ivy
April 17th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Looked over your past threads and it may be an issue with what you are asking too.

On one occasion you didn't actually ask a question. On a few others you posted in threads marked [SOLVED]. Any post in a thread marked solved is well -- assumed solved. I know I don't check a solved thread unless I am looking for a solution to a problem, not to pitch in.

Lastly, you are not providing much info about the compiz issue you are having. No diagnostics, not settings, no real full description. Try this:

Post a description of your problem in the title
post a description (and maybe some links) to what you've tried to do solve it and what happened after each
post a description of the basics (version, hardware, your ubuntu experience level)
Restate your problem in the body

and it will be much easier for someone to help you.

twtgd09
April 17th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Well i dont know what my problem is, its not working, and... thats it.

lisati
April 17th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Well i dont know what my problem is, its not working, and... thats it.

Someone has answered. Check here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1729474